Live Edge Review - July 3-10, 2021

elf426

On 7/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, seapad said:

Is there lobster served in one of the main dining rooms? Is it Night 3 or night 6? 

Thanks!

The lobster was small. Luckily, we ordered it in addition to the beef Wellington in Normandy. Good choice!

17 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Haven’t finished reading this thread yet, so not sure if you got your answer. We were on this sailing. Although there was an IPA on the menu, sadly, there were none to be found onboard. Often the beer they did have was only  sort of cold. 

This is so disappointing. Part of the reason we upgraded to premium package was because the Celebrity chart showing drinks available under classic and premium listed IPAs under the premium package.  Well at least I know in advance so that I can set my expectations appropriately.  Thank goodness for the Martini bar! Thank you for the feedback!

Edited by cosmo1027
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cosmo1027 said:

This is so disappointing. Part of the reason we upgraded to premium package was because the Celebrity chart showing drinks available under classic and premium listed IPAs under the premium package.  Well at least I know in advance so that I can set my expectations appropriately.  Thank goodness for the Martini bar! Thank you for the feedback!

I guess the Edge does not have a Craft Social bar like the S class ships, this is where you find the best selection of craft beers on tap. This lounge is what serious craft beer lovers like.

• Like 2

One breakfast option I didn’t see mentioned was Eden Cafe. It’s not open everyday, but definitely on sea days. It was also open on our St. Thomas day since we didn’t arrive until 11 AM. We ate there three or four times and were often among the only passengers in the space. They have a few tables inside and more tables outside. They have a few breakfast sandwich options that they prepare when you order them like a bacon, egg & cheese on ciabatta bread and a steak, egg, and cheese bagel . (They are premade sandwiches like the type you would get at Starbucks that they then heat in an oven or in a Panini machine). They also have yogurt, fruit, cinnamon rolls, and a coffee station. We found it way better than going to the buffet. Very quiet, and there were always more workers waiting on us then there were customers— three behind the counter, and two working the coffee station.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cosmo1027 said:

Loved the martini bar and there great bartenders, also the live music .

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cosmo1027 said:

I had responded to the original question that yes, Goose Island IPA was on the Magic Carpet - I watched them unbox in and put it in their cooler. Don't know what else they have though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, D C said:

Not quite.

On a "normal" ship, once you go out on the balcony and close the slider behind you, the HVAC turns back on.  One person can be in the conditioned room, and another on the balcony. The HVAC doesn't care.

With an infinite veranda, the HVAC is off any time the exterior balcony-window thing is lowered.  Close the bifold separator between the room and balcony and it doesn't matter. No HVAC in the room until the IV is closed.  If one person wants to be on the balcony, the person in the room can't have HVAC.  

I apologize for asking this, but did you personally experienced this? I just need to verify what you're saying is correct as we just talked with our Celebrity PVP moments ago and he was told the HVAC does come back on if the bifold separator is closed.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I apologize for asking this, but did you personally experienced this? I just need to verify what you're saying is correct as we just talked with our Celebrity PVP moments ago and he was told the HVAC does come back on if the bifold separator is closed.

Wouldn't be the first nor the last time a Celebrity rep is wrong (lol); I'm sorry they're giving you false hope.  As you can imagine, AC switch on the IV window is extremely disappointing for many and therefore there's over 100+ mentions about it here on CC.

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

Wouldn't be the first nor the last time a Celebrity rep is wrong (lol); I'm sorry they're giving you false hope.  As you can imagine, AC switch on the IV window is extremely disappointing for many and therefore there's over 100+ mentions about it here on CC.

Thanks! Then I'm glad we just switched from a infinite veranda to a porthole veranda on the Apex on our cruise in November.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beba-Beba said:

@lola2013

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

1axl.jpg

Celebrity Edge Cabin # 8313,  Category 1A - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda

9BFB2483-5737-4948-8CB8-618DFFFAC2CD.jpe

OK...it's not a TRADITIONAL balcony, per se.

BUT it is MORE a traditional balcony than IV w/ not top window (and all the issues that ensue from that window...)

PH=balcony/IV fusion

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KKB said:

OK...it's not a TRADITIONAL balcony, per se.

BUT it is MORE a traditional balcony than IV w/ not top window (and all the issues that ensue from that window...)

PH=balcony/IV fusion

What's also interesting about the porthole veranda balcony is that it appears to be very well protected from most weather-related events to include sun, wind and rain (depending of course on which side of the balcony you're sitting on). 😎

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We did, Ken.  Really didn't enjoy the IV and that was part of the reason.   Maybe the HVAC was supposed to come back on but ours wasn't for some reason?  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, D C said:

We did, Ken.  Really didn't enjoy the IV and that was part of the reason.   Maybe the HVAC was supposed to come back on but ours wasn't for some reason?  

Could you tell whether or not the HVAC stopped running when you opened the bifold doors, or did it continue operating until the window was opened? From what I've read, it appears that the sensor is on the window only, and there is no sensor on the door that could turn the HVAC on or off.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Could you tell whether or not the HVAC stopped running when you opened the bifold doors, or did it continue operating until the window was opened? From what I've read, it appears that the sensor is on the window only, and there is no sensor on the door that could turn the HVAC on or off.

Now I wish I had played with it more than I did! 🙂

The normal position of the bifold doors is stowed, so the room is a normal room plus balcony with rather unobtrusive stowed bifolds.  I didn't close the bifolds fully until either DW or I were out on the balcony with the IV window open.   But the moment the IV window opened, the HVAC cut off, and it didn't come back on when the bifolds closed (but I'll leave open the possibility that I did something incorrectly)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, D C said:

Now I wish I had played with it more than I did! 🙂

The normal position of the bifold doors is stowed, so the room is a normal room plus balcony with rather unobtrusive stowed bifolds.  I didn't close the bifolds fully until either DW or I were out on the balcony with the IV window open.   But the moment the IV window opened, the HVAC cut off, and it didn't come back on when the bifolds closed (but I'll leave open the possibility that I did something incorrectly)

If it is normal to keep the doors open, all the more reason to believe they have no sensors. I doubt that you did anything wrong! 😊

8 hours ago, Fouremco said:

If it is normal to keep the doors open, all the more reason to believe they have no sensors. I doubt that you did anything wrong! 😊

The bifold doors are more like closet bifold interior doors. They are not and were never meant to be exterior, weather-sealing doors. I'm not sure why people are getting the impression that they're exterior doors.  TBH they're quite flimsy.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:13 AM, EMc&DrS said:

They have a few breakfast sandwich options that they prepare when you order them like a bacon, egg & cheese on ciabatta bread and a steak, egg, and cheese bagel . (They are premade sandwiches like the type you would get at Starbucks that they then heat in an oven or in a Panini machine). 

Do you think they could heat the sandwiches without the cheese?  I hate that all sandwiches have cheese...I know most people like them, and then there is me.

1 minute ago, vermonter16 said:

Do you think they could heat the sandwiches without the cheese?  I hate that all sandwiches have cheese...I know most people like them, and then there is me.

OK your name is vermonter and you do not like cheese??😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

Yes, I think the cheese would be easy to remove.  They were trying to accommodate everyone’s special requests.

1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

LOL - love cheese - just never on a sandwich. I know right?

Since they are pre-made, I would think the cheese is there.  Since you like cheese, ask them to remove the cheese before heating and put it on the plate separately.  That way you have your sandwich with a “side of cheese”😉

• Like 1