On Board Celebrity Summit’s First Sailing in 2021

GeekWithMuscles

10 hours ago, bandp407 said:

What a joy  to read this all , especially to see the welcome aboard by the crew!! 

Just booked the Summit for September 6 from Miami & can’t wait!! We’ve sailed the Solstice ships but will be first for us on the Summit. Booked A Sunset-view Concierge cabin. If anyone is on board who can comment on any of those cabins & main dining room food that would be great. We love to dance - how have the bands been? Initially hesitant to sail on an older ship, but she looks beautifully refurbished.

‘ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!

My partner Eric and I are so impressed with Summit, we are booking another Celebrity cruise on board.   I have sailed Millennium class in 2003, and I don’t recognize it.   It’s BEAUTIFUL.  The rooms are very well done… we have a Sky Suite. This is my 20th cruise and I feel like Celebrity may become our new brand, just because it’s more relaxing and less go go go if that makes sense.   I think I’m sensing the 50th birthday sink in!   LOLOLOL 

• Like 8

On 7/5/2021 at 12:27 PM, amcb said:

Exciting to hear from someone on Summit. We will be cruising on Summit in 3 weeks also in a sky suite. How are Luminae and the Retreat Lounge?

🙂 amcb

The retreat is beautiful!  Not many people there, but it’s so well done.  Luminae is delicious!  Honestly just blown away by how everything looks.   You would not guess this ship is the age it is.   Last night we did the Le Petit Chef at QSine and not only was the food great, it was a very nice experience.  

• Like 1

Wow..400 passengers…can’t imagine..enjoy the rest of your cruise …sounds like it is amazing 

strange that there is social distancing in the theaters while on the Edge there is not and there are definitely more passengers on the Edge…booked on the Edge for the 17th of July hoping capacity isn’t too bad.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bandp407 said:

We love to dance - how have the bands been? Initially hesitant to sail on an older ship, but she looks beautifully refurbished.

We also love to dance, which is why we vastly prefer the M-class ships. Trying to dance in the Atrium on S-class chips is a joke. Nothing better than a live band, a pre-dinner cocktail and an actual dance floor as is found on the M-class ships. You will love the Summit and its Rendezvous Lounge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeekWithMuscles said:

The retreat is beautiful!  Not many people there, but it’s so well done.  Luminae is delicious!  Honestly just blown away by how everything looks.   You would not guess this ship is the age it is.   Last night we did the Le Petit Chef at QSine and not only was the food great, it was a very nice experience.  

Thanks for the feedback! Also about Le Petit Chef. We're on the fence about whether it's worth it. If we were traveling with our kiddos, we'd do it in a heartbeat. Not sure DH and I will enjoy it as much.

Also if you could let me know how the hair products are in the suite, l would really appreciate it. If I can avoid having to bring my shampoo and conditioner that would be a win for me!

41 minutes ago, Projunior said:

We also love to dance, which is why we vastly prefer the M-class ships. Trying to dance in the Atrium on S-class chips is a joke. Nothing better than a live band, a pre-dinner cocktail and an actual dance floor as is found on the M-class ships. You will love the Summit and its Rendezvous Lounge.

Thank you soooo much for the info on the live music & the Rendezvous Lounge!! Yes, DH & I just chuckled on remembering the dance floor in the Grand Foyer on the Solstice Ships!! So very excited to experience the Summit-  can’t wait!! Pro junior - you made my day!! 

Hope everyone is Enjoying a beautiful cruise!!! Would love anything else you can post about it!

can anyone tell me which deck 4 or 5 is being used for Celebrity Select Dining?

many thanks!

On 7/7/2021 at 9:28 AM, osuchica said:

Cruising on Summit this Saturday (July 10) - any news on St. Kitts? Are we allowed to book our own tours and/or leave the ship?

I haven’t heard anything about St. Kitts yet, although it seems these rules change almost daily.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 2:27 PM, davekathy said:

Yum.

If you are elite or above is the CC HH being held in the Sky Lounge? 🍻

The CC event we attended was held on the Helipad… since we are Elite and also in Sky Suite, we’re getting invites for lots of stuff though…. I’m not complaining! 🤩🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:29 AM, laurajc said:

Love your post!  We are on the July 10 sailing.   We have a Sky Suite as well.  Are you using the pool deck or Retreat area?  How is Luminae?  Hope you had a fun port day!

Thank you!  Interesting question because since the ship isn’t crowded, we are using the pool deck almost exclusively, except for a sail away event at the retreat.   Like the Captain said on the first night, this is like having a huge yacht.   Luminae is really nice, but we find ourselves in the Cosmopolitan dining room, enjoying the very comfy atmosphere…. to the dismay of the Luminae manager that asked us why weren’t there more often.   We love the high backed chairs, and the atmosphere is so nice.   

BC51618D-E1A0-460D-BBDE-AAA1D8E14600.jpeg

18E9A607-CB4D-4273-B344-A134004C21AB.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:14 PM, amcb said:

That's wonderful news! Can you tell me how the sail away was? We usually have a champagne toast as we sail away before getting ready for dinner, but we've never had a late sail  away. Did leaving so late diminish the experience at all?

🙂 amcb

At some point after dinner we realized we were moving - it was pretty low key.  
As others have noted in other threads, the Muster 2.0 experience more than made up for this - it was great to be able to enjoy the first afternoon with just one minor pit stop to check in with our muster station!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, GeekWithMuscles said:

Last night our bed was adorned with gifts and beach towels for our first port.   Just a beautiful and amazing experience overall.   I will never forget this voyage.

BC8C14C0-6E30-4AFD-9E7A-EC812CDFEBAD.jpeg

8E41075D-4365-47A5-9EAF-A2AE88DA9C24.jpeg

IMG_4712.MOV

Wonderful!  I was wondering why you had toast on your head in your pics!!  🙂

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 12:15 PM, amcb said:

Thanks for the feedback! Also about Le Petit Chef. We're on the fence about whether it's worth it. If we were traveling with our kiddos, we'd do it in a heartbeat. Not sure DH and I will enjoy it as much.

I LOVE Le Petit Chef!  I'm not cruising until November, but I already have it booked!  And it's just me and the DH!

We came off the Millennium last week.  We had a similar experience.  First time in a Sky Suite and it was wonderful.  Luminea was great and it was a dream to have so much attention.

The bad part of our trip happened after we got to the airport, on the return home.  Let me just say, it took almost 2 full days to get back to Rochester, NY.  American was late for every flight and we missed all our connections. They blamed it on weather even though there was no bad weather in sight. We had to pay for a hotel in Miami.  I will never fly American again.  

Trying not to have the return trip cloud my wonderful cruise memories.

• Like 1

Can wait to be back on board.     Our first Celebrity cruise was on Summit in Feb 2020, 2 weeks before the complete shutdown.     Our first cruise back will be this November....on Summit.   This time we'll have an aft cabin on deck 8.   

Take care of her till we board again !

• Like 1

I can't believe the OP only had 19 posts before starting this thread.  Where's this guy been?  He's getting the entire CC community "geeked" up with this fab review.  We're all happy you're happy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cpristash said:

Did you take a cab from the airport/port or did you purchase a transfer through celebrity?

We also just got off this same sailing yesterday, and we opted to take a cab both ways... it was a breeze, and cheaper than the Celebrity transfers (I think it was $25 for airport to port and $29 for the port to airport ride - this was for the actual ride, and not per person like X's transfers).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, marieps said:

I can't believe the OP only had 19 posts before starting this thread.  Where's this guy been?  He's getting the entire CC community "geeked" up with this fab review.  We're all happy you're happy.

LOLOL I know right?   Summit was my 20th cruise, I should post more often!  I have to say it was a pleasure meeting a fellow CC member on the ship that recognized me and asked if I was the Geek!! LOLOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1