Norwegian Cruise Line sues Florida surgeon general over ‘vaccine-passport’ ban

RocketMan275

53 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Well you and 42 others will surely have a socially distanced cruise capacity.  😉

Meanwhile, I can't even get a flight without the risk of a 75+ lb shoulder and side overhang into my seat area to get to a cruise.  🤫

42.JPG.4379cb9501dd890fa636d0a14dcbf156.JPG

That’s what happens when you buy the cheap seats. If you can find a flight with business class, problem solved. 

• Like 1

Isn’t NCL still planning to resume operations from non-Florida ports US and worldwide that support or allow the vaccination requirement?

I’m booked on POA for February and Hawaii thus far has been the strictest in the country.

Hoping the 100% rule with still apply there next winter’s sailings even if eliminated elsewhere.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Well you and 42 others will surely have a socially distanced cruise capacity.  😉

Meanwhile, I can't even get a flight without the risk of a 75+ lb shoulder and side overhang into my seat area to get to a cruise.  🤫

42.JPG.4379cb9501dd890fa636d0a14dcbf156.JPG

2 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

That’s what happens when you buy the cheap seats. If you can find a flight with business class, problem solved. 

Yikes.

What a presumptive (and wrong) reply.

First, we fly "mint" when it is available, as well as 'business' when it is available.  When not available, and that is MOST of our flights, we always do "even more space" (when available). 

Is that OK?

1 minute ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Yikes.

What a presumptive (and wrong) reply.

First, we fly "mint" when it is available, as well as 'business' when it is available.  When not available, and that is MOST of our flights, we always do "even more space" (when available). 

Is that OK?

And you still have someone encroaching on your seat?  Sounds odd. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I totally agree. But the comment I was replying to said that Royal is doing a great job versus NCL holding out for 100% vaccinated cruise. Royal, with less than 95% vaccinated, has to follow the CDC rules for mask and distancing. And there are consequences which impact the cruise experience. 

You seemed to have failed to post all the areas that vaccinated people can go to that other cannot.  No masks, etc....I realize this is the NCL board, but I do not think you painted a very accurate picture.  I have sailed NCL, I like NCL, but they are fighting an uphill battle.  

I have seen few complaints on the Royal Board..None on Celebrity which is going the 95% rule...the last Edge sailed at 100% adults vaccinated..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

IMO, I wouldn't recommend anyone 'make a final payment' to NCL at this time given the uncertainty of their financial situation and the similar uncertainty of the 'creditor' status of the 'customer deposits' should the 'wave hit the fan.'

Nah, we'll go ahead and make final payment next week. This lawsuit is just another tempest in a teapot. I have total confidence that NCL will be fine. We'll be cruising with them in the future, it's just a matter of when. People last year were writing the cruise industry's epitaph nearly every week, it seems. And yet they're back to cruising. I'm not worried in the least. But that's just me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Please provide evidence that mixed cruises are a danger to Public Health.

The only times cruise lines are sailing 100% vaccinated, I believe, are when the local gov't requires it.  There are examples of mixed cruises that have been happening since August.

Unfortunately, a lot of people want the sky to continue to fall.  Thus no link.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

I love, love, love to cruise.  I miss it very much as most of us do.  I am not young nor am I over the hill old.  I am scared though.  I am scared because people I knew went into the hospital with covid and never came out.  They were healthy and happy then they were gone. Then an amazing thing happened, a Covid vaccine happened. My friend did not have the option.

CruiseCritic.com I am very respectful of your rules on discussing Covid in general, however this post and topic warrants it.  I will not go on a cruise ship that does not have the ability to do their due diligence to insure guests have been vaccinated and tested. However I do not criticism others for doing so. I just want the opportunity to know whom I am vacationing with from a health standpoint. 

I am cruising in just a few weeks out of Nassau, Bahamas on Crystal Cruises.  100% vaccinated cruise.  The Bahamas Government requires a Heath Visa.  This cruise had a port stop which the cancelled due to an outbreak of Covid.  All of these decisions were based on the Health and Safety of the guests and crew.  That is All NCL is asking for.  The ability to reduce the possibility of covid outbreaks.  Not eliminate, reduce.  

Bravo to NCL for fighting the good fight.  For those of you that feel this is affecting your rights, just choose another cruise line initially.  Let's all respect each other which would be nice.  Then get our world out of this pandemic the best we can together, not fighting all the time.  

Again, moderator, delete my comment if it goes off CruiseCritic.com policy. Let all make this issue about vacationing and relaxing safely.  Cruise well everyone

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Can we please get this thread locked already? While the original topic was informative and useful to the CC and NCL community, all of the subsequent debate about vaccine efficacy, vaccine passport mandates, vaccine passport bans, masking, and politics is clearly in violation of CruiseCritic's new rules.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I love, love, love to cruise.  I miss it very much as most of us do.  I am not young nor am I over the hill old.  I am scared though.  I am scared because people I knew went into the hospital with covid and never came out.  They were healthy and happy then they were gone. Then an amazing thing happened, a Covid vaccine happened. My friend did not have the option.

CruiseCritic.com I am very respectful of your rules on discussing Covid in general, however this post and topic warrants it.  I will not go on a cruise ship that does not have the ability to do their due diligence to insure guests have been vaccinated and tested. However I do not criticism others for doing so. I just want the opportunity to know whom I am vacationing with from a health standpoint. 

I am cruising in just a few weeks out of Nassau, Bahamas on Crystal Cruises.  100% vaccinated cruise.  The Bahamas Government requires a Heath Visa.  This cruise had a port stop which the cancelled due to an outbreak of Covid.  All of these decisions were based on the Health and Safety of the guests and crew.  That is All NCL is asking for.  The ability to reduce the possibility of covid outbreaks.  Not eliminate, reduce.  

Bravo to NCL for fighting the good fight.  For those of you that feel this is affecting your rights, just choose another cruise line initially.  Let's all respect each other which would be nice.  Then get our world out of this pandemic the best we can together, not fighting all the time.  

Again, moderator, delete my comment if it goes off CruiseCritic.com policy. Let all make this issue about vacationing and relaxing safely.  Cruise well everyone

I agree with your post.  

The sole reason for the Florida Law is that there are bad actors that would abuse people, for whatever reason , who are not going to get vaccinated.

Seems there are options for everybody.

(1)  You can travel to another port and cruise 100% vaccinated.  People say that adds cost. 

(2) If you cruise unvaccinated, you have to pay extra.

(3) If you accept the 95% compromise, works fine.

My problem is with the "You are going to do it my way" crowd.

Edited by KennyFla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Can we please get this thread locked already? While the original topic was informative and useful to the CC and NCL community, all of the subsequent debate about vaccine efficacy, vaccine passport mandates, vaccine passport bans, masking, and politics is clearly in violation of CruiseCritic's new rules.

Your right, as I stated in my comment.  It is just so hard not to comment and I apologize.  Cruise well everyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Your right, as I stated in my comment.  It is just so hard not to comment and I apologize.  Cruise well everyone.

My post wasn't targeted at you. Just generally, this thread has gone way off the rails.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Here's something you forgot. Cruising isn't a necessity. It's a choice. It's not like going to the grocery store or something, it's a leisure activity.  No one is FORCING anyone to get the vaccine, however a company that operates a LEISURE activity should have the right to say "If you want to come do my LEISURE activity, you have to be vaccinated", just like a person has the right to say "no thanks" and walk away from said leisure activity. 

You ignored all of my points to state the same, tired, argument, that people that agree with you have rehashed over and over. The LEISURE argument carries absolutely no substance for or against vaccination. Fluff like this is the reason the CDC couldn't win the court case. No one is FORCING you to go on a cruise either. You have that right to say "no thanks" and walk away. Did you forget that? See how this works?

"Private business decisions" are not so private anymore. "Popular public opinion" makes up a lot of decisions for many big corporations these days. It's either they "voluntarily" enforce whatever is in the media these days, or face the consequences from that same force. There are many indicators that the cruise lines are heavily being pressured into mandating vaccination. Whereas, the CDC "science" couldn't prove that specific need for a specific industry in a court of law. Popularity isn't always what is best. In fact, not even close.

Government supersedes the wish of businesses. It's fine and dandy to say businesses "can do what they want in the name of health" because again, you hear it all over the internet, so it must be law. I could handily think of multiple scenarios where a business could require a "health" protocol, and many of the same people would lose their minds. COVID doesn't get to override everything. Unfortunately, some people can't seem to grasp that businesses forcing experimental drugs as a condition of use is a terrible precedent to go down. Period. 

The newest vaccine warning, this week is Gullian Barre syndrome from the J&J. We've come a way from "it's completely safe". To "it's very rare to have effects". To "DELTA!" Screaming Delta from the rooftops doesn't get to override common sense or rule of law. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2