Port Everglades / FLL Post Cruise Flight

CruzerDeb

Just now, SWKcruise said:

Yes.  A couple of weeks ago, we walked off the ship around 8:30 and had no problem making a 10:35 flight.  We have Clear with TSA pre-check so that factors into the time getting through security. 

We have TSA precheck, so we’re probably good. Thanks!

11 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

How quickly does disembarkation usually go at Port Everglades? Would I be able to make a 12:15p flight?

Your biggest waits will most likely getting a cab and then in line at the airport.  Should not be a problem.

• Like 1

Our flights are typically around that time, and we are always at FLL in plenty of time (hate that airport).

If it makes you feel better, Luggage Valet is typically available for that time and Celebrity transfers, I think are available then, so vendors that guaranteeing to get you and/or your stuff to the airport, stand by those times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Our flights are typically around that time, and we are always at FLL in plenty of time (hate that airport).

If it makes you feel better, Luggage Valet is typically available for that time and Celebrity transfers, I think are available then, so vendors that guaranteeing to get you and/or your stuff to the airport, stand by those times.

I second Luggage Valet and a Celebrity transfer.  We also were able to use OBC to pay for both items.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes to Luggage Valet but never Celebrity transfer.  Taxi Uber/Lyft are way cheaper and more convenient.   Private car service is probably about the same price if there are 2 passengers.

Are you saying luggage valet is available now since the return to cruising?  Please, please, please say YES.  I love that service.  Best $25 I spend on a ship, lol 😀.  Several people have asked that question on Edge and Equinox threads but so far none of the current passengers have confirmed that it is available - that I have seen.

Mary

3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I assume this is something you sign up for once on board? I’ve used similar services on other cruises (this will be my first time on Celebrity).

22 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

I assume this is something you sign up for once on board? I’ve used similar services on other cruises (this will be my first time on Celebrity).

Yes, you sign up on board.   Flights must leave between certain hours and dependent on airline participation.    We have done it several times and well worth the price.  (But we have used OBC).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keesar said:

Yes, you sign up on board.   Flights must leave between certain hours and dependent on airline participation.    We have done it several times and well worth the price.  (But we have used OBC).  

Awesome!! Thanks!

5 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Later poster have misconstrued what I was saying.

Yes Luggage Valet is a great service, but best I can tell has not returned. We sail Sunday, so I will let you know.

What I was trying to say was that a 12:15 departure qualifies for LV and I think also for a Celeb transfer, so the vendors providing those services are willing to guarantee your bags arrival - I think that’s good evidence that a 12: 15 depart time is good.

Yes, you get a Luggage Valet form in your cabin toward the end of cruise. You have to state that you are abiding by your airlines checked bag rules and the time of your flight. Bags go outside the door like everyone else, but then you don’t see them again until your final destination.

pre-Covid FLL’s Delta terminal was being remodeled and was a zoo. Hopefully all the renovations are finished. Some of the longest check luggage lines I’ve seen in recent years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Later poster have misconstrued what I was saying.

Yes Luggage Valet is a great service, but best I can tell has not returned. We sail Sunday, so I will let you know.

What I was trying to say was that a 12:15 departure qualifies for LV and I think also for a Celeb transfer, so the vendors providing those services are willing to guarantee your bags arrival - I think that’s good evidence that a 12: 15 depart time is good.

Yes, you get a Luggage Valet form in your cabin toward the end of cruise. You have to state that you are abiding by your airlines checked bag rules and the time of your flight. Bags go outside the door like everyone else, but then you don’t see them again until your final destination.

pre-Covid FLL’s Delta terminal was being remodeled and was a zoo. Hopefully all the renovations are finished. Some of the longest check luggage lines I’ve seen in recent years.

I hope these services are back up and running by our February cruise. Thanks for all the great info!

I imagine that flight time will be fine.  But we need to be careful about comparing now to pre-COVID.  We also need to remember not many ships are sailing now, and all at reduced capacity, so even current experiences may be invalid a month or three from now. Staffing continues to be a huge issue with services trying to get back to normal (we’ll avoid the debate as to why).  This means potential shortages of taxis and ride shares as more people cruise, as well as TSA staff.   Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 8:24 AM, CoG72crewz said:

Yes.  A couple of weeks ago, we walked off the ship around 8:30 and had no problem making a 10:35 flight.  We have Clear with TSA pre-check so that factors into the time getting through security. 

Delta just switched us to a 10:17 departure, but ship scheduled to dock at 6:00.  I think we'll be okay.