Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

My scenario is we fly on the Friday 10th, are in Tampa with friends on Saturday, cruise on Sunday.  If we test at home the day before the 10th it'll be too soon, if we have to wait for results past Saturday, it will be too early???  How can they expect you to do this in some instances.

Perhaps there is somewhere in Tampa where you can make an appointment for a rapid test.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

Perhaps there is somewhere in Tampa where you can make an appointment for a rapid test.

Thats the plan right now, but I'm worried we won't have the results in time for the next morning.

I am so confused. I have an 8 night sailing on oddessey of the seas August 14th out of Florida. I have called 2 agents who talked to 3 more agents and all swear that vaccinated passengers do not need to be tested. They are making this super difficult.

Just now, BecciBoo said:

Thats the plan right now, but I'm worried we won't have the results in time for the next morning.

When I had it done, I got the results in less than an hour.  And I never knew they could stick something that far up my nose without it coming our somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I mean what is the point of being vaccinated if you must jump through all these hoops.   The amount of break through is not enough to justify this IMO.

So stay home then!

• Like 1

Just now, MrMarc said:

When I had it done, I got the results in less than an hour.  And I never knew they could stick something that far up my nose without it coming our somewhere else.

Hope that will be the case.  I guess we'll spend our whole day with our buds getting tests...cheese and crackers!

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I mean what is the point of being vaccinated if you must jump through all these hoops.   The amount of break through is not enough to justify this IMO.

I really think this is being overly cautious, but I really don't blame them at this point.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the CDC no longer having the ability to oversee the protocols, or a reaction to the few cases popping up on various ships.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeMSD said:

Does anyone know if the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic ID NOW tests count as PCR? The RT-PCR has a warning saying that results may not be available before travel. ID NOW lists a 24 hour turnaround time. I can’t find any local pharmacies offering Antigen testing.

I believe you can do either the PCR or Antigen test.     CVS and Walgreens do the PCR and I know CVS in my area also does the antigen test at their minute clinic (PCR test done thru pharmacy drive thru window).   

2 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I really think this is being overly cautious, but I really don't blame them at this point.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the CDC no longer having the ability to oversee the protocols, or a reaction to the few cases popping up on various ships.

I think they are being cautious as they have to, especially since they are sailing with an unlimited amount of unvaxxed people on Freedom and future booked cruise out of Florida for August, etc.

This delta variant and the unvaxxed has to be a major concern for them.   They went thru he** for the last 16 months they don't want to go backwards in any way so they need to stay ahead of this so they don't have a problem on a ship.    Better safe than sorry!

• Like 9

Just now, coaster said:

Cheap unlimited drink package the answer for those for those of us already booked? Too much drama with all these rule changes...

Lol that was carnivals answer. They included their drinks very cheap. So people wouldnt cancel. The drinks rate cant be rebooked later. I got it on my next 2 carnival. The bad news is 10 rcl. Rcl just seems worse and worse and giving us nothing.

If they want us all tested, they can test us. Going to be a lot who cancel and some cheaper prices.

That one TA posted hes had 18 contact him already who want refunds.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

No, she is in a difficult situation and frustrated by the changing rules.  Yo know, like almost everyone else.  Except you, of course.

IT'S A VIRUS......Things change

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Really?  Why take the time to post that?

Well if people just wanna complain about masks,tests,vaccines,Then Don't go on a cruise,They make the rules.If you don't like the rules go camping.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

To end a pandemic that is raging again, not to make our social lives easier.  Sorry  to be so direct but cruising seems unimportant compared to the amount of people getting sick again.  Some will die which trumps cruising Imo.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

No, she is in a difficult situation and frustrated by the changing rules.  Yo know, like almost everyone else.  Except you, of course.

I'm not frustrated at all,I am vaccinated,And don't mind wearing a mask or getting a test to get on the ship.

• Like 3