Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

22 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

I'm confused by the wording under the Healthy Sail Center.  The new addition states that vaxxed and unvaxxed need to have a PCR or Antigen test prior to arriving at the terminal.  That's fine as we were going to get the Antigen test in order to fly to the US.  However, further down, for unvaxxed guests (which I am now considered due to mixing vaccines), it says that a PCR test is required prior to arriving at the terminal.  Is an Antigen test acceptable?

Good question.  If not sailing in coming days I would wait for all this to be updated.  We all know royal it isnt the best with updating website right away.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’d like clarification on the three days prior to cruise lingo.  If my cruise sails on Saturday, can I have the test done on Wednesday?

I can't speak for RCL specifically, but those that have been embarking Celebrity ships on Saturdays have reported that crew were just looking for tests conducted the previous Wednesday.  

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

A lot of us would like that, but families with young children are RCL's bread & butter. You may as well limit Disney World to 95% vaccinated.

Celebrity, Azamura, and Silversea . . . not so much.

Might be BREAD and BUTTER,  but it would make more sense to start out with just the BREAD for a while until things settled down. 

I do NOT think there would be any shortage of cruise passengers to sail, with the other lines more strict requirements. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

However, further down, for unvaxxed guests (which I am now considered due to mixing vaccines), it says that a PCR test is required prior to arriving at the terminal.  Is an Antigen test acceptable?

If a PCR test is required, I would not expect an antigen test to suffice.  They are different tests.

In fact, if they specify a nasopharyngeal test, be sure that's what you get.  That's the deep poke up the nose.  An oral swab is not the same thing.

10 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

A lot of us would like that, but families with young children are RCL's bread & butter. You may as well limit Disney World to 95% vaccinated.

Celebrity, Azamura, and Silversea . . . not so much.

Children will be going back to school soon so in the coming weeks it would be easy enough for royal to do 95% sailings like carnival is doing.

The cruise lines need to stay ahead of this and royal needs to stop sailing with unlimited unvaxxed.  

I booked my september sailing figuring most will be vaxxed since kids will be back in school.

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You could get an antigen test when you arrive in FL.   Look for a cvs near your hotel, or ask royal if you can get one of their tests done at terminal.    Your cruise is still months away and a lot can and will change by then, so I wouldnt worry about it till the protocols for november sailings are released.

Which is why I mentioned our issue with Friday if the train is running late, we could easily miss an appointment.  We've gotten into FL as late as 2 pm (one trip) and I know of people who have gotten in after 5 pm.  I would do testing at the terminal if RCI would do that as we're staying in PC at the Radisson which is very close to the terminal so easy to get there early.  I, personally think that by Nov,  things will have changed.  I'm not worried, it's just something I thought of last night when I realized our timeframe.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Which is why I mentioned our issue with Friday if the train is running late, we could easily miss an appointment.  We've gotten into FL as late as 2 pm (one trip) and I know of people who have gotten in after 5 pm.  I would do testing at the terminal if RCI would do that as we're staying in PC at the Radisson which is very close to the terminal so easy to get there early.  I, personally think that by Nov,  things will have changed.  I'm not worried, it's just something I thought of last night when I realized our timeframe.

Another thought, if royal is not doing tests at terminal by the time you sail, most pharmacies such as CVS and walgreens are open on thanksgiving morning.  

15 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Vaccines are 90% effective and on average 10% off the population get covid …so for every 1000 vaccinated, expect 10 to get covid, scientific fact and simple math..

stay safe all..

Math is apparently hard

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

We can get an RT-PCR test in Orlando with a 20 to 30 minute turnaround time.

it is costly though at $175 and the antigen test is $99 but I don’t trust the results of the antigen tests.  To many false positives.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

If a PCR test is required, I would not expect an antigen test to suffice.  They are different tests.

In fact, if they specify a nasopharyngeal test, be sure that's what you get.  That's the deep poke up the nose.  An oral swab is not the same thing.

I saw that they were accepting PCR or Antigen.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Another thought, if royal is not doing tests at terminal by the time you sail, most pharmacies such as CVS and walgreens are open on thanksgiving morning.  

I thought of that.  We only live 45 min from the train station in Lorton and we have to be there NLT 230, although we always go earlier so we'd have the morning.  If it appears we're in that situation, I'll look into whether we need an appointment a few weeks out, just to cover our butts.  Maybe make one in PC also as a backup for Fri/Sat.  My DH had to be tested last year and it took like 3 days to get his results. I know they're faster now, but I've read people are having to wait longer than they feel comfortable to get results.

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Math is apparently hard

Apparently.  Recently, many virologists and epidemiologists (across all backgrounds)  have stated that if you aren't vaccinated, you are virtually guaranteed to catch Delta as it's so contagious.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bourbon52 said:

I saw that they were accepting PCR or Antigen.

Yep, if you go to the link that was provided on the previous page(s), it states that.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

Note to cruisers from FL:  I just scheduled a no cost to me PCR test at a local CVS, drive thru, for August 12 (our cruise is on August 15).  You just input your insurance information and they will only bill your insurer.  No co-pay or deductible.  

However, I am seriously considering cancelling.  We were on the Carnival Horizon earlier this month and it was so pleasant.  No tests, no masks.  95% vaccinated and it felt like a real vacation.

From my point of view, Royal has mishandled all of this and needs to rethink its strategy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Yep, if you go to the link that was provided on the previous page(s), it states that.

My confusion is that BOTH wordings are on the same page of the Healthy Sail Center.  I'd call RC, but the CS agents don't seem to know all the fine details and I'd never rely on them for something this important.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Note to cruisers from FL:  I just scheduled a no cost to me PCR test at a local CVS, drive thru, for August 12 (our cruise is on August 15).  You just input your insurance information and they will only bill your insurer.  No co-pay or deductible.  

However, I am seriously considering cancelling.  We were on the Carnival Horizon earlier this month and it was so pleasant.  No tests, no masks.  95% vaccinated and it felt like a real vacation.

From my point of view, Royal has mishandled all of this and needs to rethink its strategy. 

Did they ask if you were exposed or have symptoms?  

24 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Every pcr test and even antigen(LFT) i have done has been both back of throat and up the nose. PCR gets tested in a lab and is more precise, LFT done on a plastic teater and less precise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, later said:

We can get an RT-PCR test in Orlando with a 20 to 30 minute turnaround time.

it is costly though at $175 and the antigen test is $99 but I don’t trust the results of the antigen tests.  To many false positives.

Antigen tests have a lot of FALSE NEGATIVES. It's false positive rate is on par with the PCR test's false positive.

4 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

My confusion is that BOTH wordings are on the same page of the Healthy Sail Center.  I'd call RC, but the CS agents don't seem to know all the fine details and I'd never rely on them for something this important.

I believe unvax have always had to provide a PCR test before they get on board even before this change. That hasn't changed - so unvax still need a PCR to board. If you're vax you can choose between PCR and antigen. 

16 hours ago, stamphappy said:

We JUST received the email from RCCL today, Thursday, at 1pm stating we need the test 3 days prior to sailing---we sail on MONDAY.  We've called 4 pharmacy companies so far in our area and none are doing rapid tests.  That leaves us with the PCR Test.  How can you do a PCR Test within 3 days of sailing AND produce the results when the results don't even get to sent to you until 3 to 5 days post test???!!!  I am NOT happy right now; am on the phone on hold with RCCL right now to try to get some alternatives.   

None of the CVS locations in WA offer appointments any time soon? You don't have to call, you can look it up online. Middle of nowhere locations don't have anything, but I checked around Tacoma and there are locations that offer both tests today.

2 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Your insurance is going to pay for the test without symptoms and they will give you the results that day?

2 minutes ago, later said:

Your insurance is going to pay for the test without symptoms and they will give you the results that day?

Our insurance does the same. No symptoms needed. Free. Well covered by ins.

30 minutes ago, VCR said:

Did they ask if you were exposed or have symptoms?  

Yes, and I answered truthfully.  Said this was for travel only, and I have not been exposed and do not have any symptoms.  Walgreens site was not as transparent, and they were wanted to charge for a visit, in addition to the test.  

15 hours ago, rbell said:

I'm not frustrated at all,I am vaccinated,And don't mind wearing a mask or getting a test to get on the ship.

same. I've actually thought it would be a given for our cruise in November for all 5 of us (adults are vaxxed, the kid is not) to be tested prior to cruising. And, yes, we'll wear a mask indoors.

The cases skyrocketed in my state and county in the last month. I mean it - SKYROCKETED. We have more cases now every day than we had last year. Delta variant is getting through to the vaxxed people as well, and, apparently, it is vicious enough for the vaxxed people to carry a viral load high enough to be contagious.

I have been very hopeful in the last month that we'd have this sorta, kinda under control before the school starts, but it's beginning to look like a ***** show again. So, it's not all all shocking that RCI is requiring tests prior to cruising, even for vaccinated passengers.

• Like 2