Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The cruise line is only trying to minimize the risk of an outbreak onboard. They now have a PR issue with 4 vaxxed passengers and 2 unvaxxed kids (not traveling together) testing positive last night on the Adventure. 

Here's the rub.  All long, the experts have said there will be breakthrough cases, yet now, they're acting like there should be zero cases or that that is new news.  It's a no win for them as long as there are those that think even one case is unexpected..

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The cruise line is only trying to minimize the risk of an outbreak onboard. They now have a PR issue with 4 vaxxed passengers and 2 unvaxxed kids (not traveling together) testing positive last night on the Adventure. 

But if everyone tested negative prior to sailing and cases are still popping up, then what really is the point of pre-cruise testing?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Which causes me to wonder how long until they require fully vaxxed passengers to show proof of covid insurance as a new requirement as well in order to control their own expenses.

testing is free at CVS nationwide...you can check off "to comply with travel testing policies" when scheduling online at cvs.com  

I work for Aetna/CVS.....i also see that walgreens also is covering at 100%...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mek said:

But if everyone tested negative prior to sailing and cases are still popping up, then what really is the point of pre-cruise testing?

I totally agree with this statement.  Just because you have a negative test when entering the ship does not mean you can't get infected or pick up a virus while on a 7 night cruise.  All this is BS!

19 hours ago, stamphappy said:

We JUST received the email from RCCL today, Thursday, at 1pm stating we need the test 3 days prior to sailing---we sail on MONDAY.  We've called 4 pharmacy companies so far in our area and none are doing rapid tests.  That leaves us with the PCR Test.  How can you do a PCR Test within 3 days of sailing AND produce the results when the results don't even get to sent to you until 3 to 5 days post test???!!!  I am NOT happy right now; am on the phone on hold with RCCL right now to try to get some alternatives.   

1 minute ago, cruizinmimi said:

I totally agree with this statement.  Just because you have a negative test when entering the ship does not mean you can't get infected or pick up a virus while on a 7 night cruise.  All this is BS!

Also, people can be exposed a couple of days before and still come up negative.  There are people who test negative yet have  symptoms and others who test positive with no symptoms which only confuses the issue.   My DH's cousin and his SO both came down with covid recently and they were both vaccinated a couple of months ago.  DH's aunt lives with them and she is 82, has health issues, including having had cancer in the last couple of years and she tested negative and didn't get sick.  Of all of them, she is the one that you would think would have.  

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

On Topic

We are discussing canceling our November cruise.  Final due next week.  We were so excited but getting tested prior kind of put a damper on that.  I can wear a mask, I’m used to that.  But testing prior takes time, money and anxiety.  What happens if it come back positive?  We will have insurance but I don’t think it covers covid.  And the test may come back after the 48 hour cancel from Royal.  What then?  Does anyone have the answer?

Sigh.  Pretty bummed out this morning.  

So they haven't extended it past Oct yet, but if you test positive within 14 days of your cruise it's a full refund. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

16 minutes ago, Tromler said:

testing is free at CVS nationwide...you can check off "to comply with travel testing policies" when scheduling online at cvs.com  

I work for Aetna/CVS.....i also see that walgreens also is covering at 100%...

It's free even for travel? My parents keep insisting that CVS isn't free if you click travel. 

• Like 2

Our local cvs has both PCR and RT antigen tests available and a quick mock walkthrough on their site had appointment slots available every day between 8/3 and 8/12. That’s as far out as they book. So if we need to test we have a location literally in our back yard.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Our local cvs has both PCR and RT antigen tests available and a quick mock walkthrough on their site had appointment slots available every day between 8/3 and 8/12. That’s as far out as they book. So if we need to test we have a location literally in our back yard.

Can you tell them it's travel related?

The next WRINKLE that might totally change the game again is the 'longevity' of each vaccine.

Will this create a need for the cruise lines for 'ranking' vaccination status?  For example, I'm Pfizer in early January.  Our B2B cruise out of Miami is the first two weeks in December.  I'll be 10.5 months "post-Pfizer."

What if Pfizer publishes the efficacy rates by months starting at 6 months and they dramatically decline (cumulatively) through 12 months?

To quote "I'm not joking" for those that understand this perplexing potential scenario and might have some insight.

TIA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

There was an update published for the July and August protocols.  I have a friend who is sailing on OY on Saturday and he received it.

image.thumb.png.0fd67d4097d4a0978890cbb11fb3206f.png

I imagine everyone scheduled to board a ship this weekend have been scrambling to get a test.   Hopefully Royal is prepared to test a lot of people at their terminals this weekend, suspect a lot will say they didn't get results in time or couldn't find somewhere to get an antigen test.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

The next WRINKLE that might totally change the game again is the 'longevity' of each vaccine.

Will this create a need for the cruise lines for 'ranking' vaccination status?  For example, I'm Pfizer in early January.  Our B2B cruise out of Miami is the first two weeks in December.  I'll be 10.5 months "post-Pfizer."

What if Pfizer publishes the efficacy rates by months starting at 6 months and they dramatically decline (cumulatively) through 12 months?

To quote "I'm not joking" for those that understand this perplexing potential scenario and might have some insight.

TIA

Well now, if that happens than the first to be vaccinated will be ranked last......what age demographic was vaccinated first? (rhetorical)

Nothing on vaccines is far fetched anymore I'm finding......

3 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

TIA

I suspect the US will be doing Pfizer booster shots this fall/winter.   They have started doing boosters in Israel recently and either the UK has or will be starting their boosters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I suspect the US will be doing Pfizer booster shots this fall/winter.   They have started doing boosters in Israel recently and either the UK has or will be starting their boosters.

Agree -- we're just waiting for the announcement for a Pfizer booster.  As you noted, Israel is administering boosters -- starting this weekend for people 60 or over.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jpancakes said:

Is this new change only known through an email?  When I look at the August protocols from FL, the website still says no testing is necessary for vaccinated guests.

No, it isn't only by email. They changed the information of the website. This is the part for FL sailings:

"

For Cruises For Cruises Departing from Florida on or After August 1, 2021 

Guest testing requirements for cruises departing Florida vary depending on your age and vaccine status.

ALL VACCINATED GUESTS ON SAILINGS 5 NIGHTS OR LONGER

As a requirement to board, all guests age 2 and older on sailings of 5 nights or longer -- regardless of vaccination status -- will need to take a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab, no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation. Guests will need to show their negative test result upon arriving at the terminal. The results can be printed out, or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

ALL VACCINATED GUESTS ON SAILINGS 4 NIGHTS OR LESS

Vaccinated guests on sailings of 4 nights or less do not have any testing requirements."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#florida-august

Looks like if your cruise is 4 days or less you're golden, except for the new mask requirement.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Can you tell them it's travel related?

Yes, you can tell them it's travel related. I checked with my local CVS and they even recommend which test is best for travel. Obviously, not everyone's health insurance is the same, but the person I spoke with told me many insurance companies don't consider a travel test to be diagnostic and won't pay for it. I haven't checked with my provider about it yet.

• Like 2

I have looked all over royals site and cant find anything that says everyone has to have a test before they cruise.

For Cruises Departing from Seattle, Washington on or after August 1, 2021

Guest testing requirements for cruises departing Seattle, Washington on Serenade of the Seas® and Ovation of the Seas® vary depending on your age and vaccine status.

FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

• Vaccinated guests do not have any testing requirements.

GUESTS UNDER THE AGE OF 2

• Guests under the age of 2 have no testing requirements.

FOR UNVACCINATED GUESTS 2-11 YEARS OLD

Unvaccinated guests in this age group will need to take 2 tests.

• On boarding day, guests will take a rapid PCR test during check-in at the terminal. We’ll send registration details via email before departure.  
  • A final COVID-19 test will take place onboard before the end of the cruise. We’ll provide additional details onboard. Vaccinated guests who require a COVID-19 test for re-entry into their destination country may receive one onboard as well.

These tests will be complimentary.

20 hours ago, Larryhnj said:

BecciBoo,

you are wrong wrong wrong.  Where are you getting your info.  You need to listen to a reliable news Media. Why do you think more people are testing positive and hospitals are getting overloaded with unvaccinated patients. 

I meant the vaxd, not unvaxd.  I am vaxd!  We were discussing break through cases.  MOst vaxd who break through are asymptomatic or with very low symptoms and get over it way quicker.  No, I am not wrong wrong wrong. That is correct correct correct.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I imagine everyone scheduled to board a ship this weekend have been scrambling to get a test.   Hopefully Royal is prepared to test a lot of people at their terminals this weekend, suspect a lot will say they didn't get results in time or couldn't find somewhere to get an antigen test.    

We need a live review from tomorrow or Sunday.  I'd sure like to see one.  I have located a Walgreens near our cruise buds home in Odessa FL and I called and they can test us Saturday for our Sept Allure...whew!  I feel better already.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

It tends to be a bit maddening.  Yesterday, the advisory about needing to be tested before departure could be found when searching travel restrictions for Ovation and Serenade.  TODAY, the advisory is gone, though it’s still showing for FL departures.

Sorry I forgot to quote you in my post above.

Edited by Tree_skier