Anthem Sep/Oct not for sale?

10 day Transatlantic was supposed to be 10/20 with first Bayonne on 10/30.  My take - under  the CSO (still mandatory in NJ), each ship is required to do a test cruise out of every US port they will sail from. I don’t think that the 10/30 has any chance of happening. 

4 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

I don’t think that the 10/30 has any chance of happening. 

They could easily sail her over a few days early without passengers (likely) and do a two day test like Allure did and start on schedule. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They could easily sail her over a few days early without passengers (likely) and do a two day test like Allure did and start on schedule. 

The problem is that it’s New Jersey and not Florida.  The test cruise for Oasis from there is 6 days because they have to go all the way to CoCo Cay. I think all private island stops have to be included in the test cruise.  I don’t think you can do it in less.  Someone on another board said his 10/30 cruise has been showing unavailable for months but the next one has plenty of rooms. I’m guessing RC is hoping no test cruise required or to use that week for the test cruise. 

1 minute ago, Jkaczanowski said:

I don’t think you can do it in less.

You are right that no test cruises might be needed. Grand Celebration from Bahama Cruise Lines did a one day cruise to nowhere as their test cruise and started sailing with passengers the next day. Granted, RCI may not do that. 

I agree that the transatlantic is unlikely to sail with passengers but that doesn't explain why all the other sailings have gone too. I think they were already rearranged from Northern Europe to Spain, no idea what's going on now

Edited by hayleyp

1 minute ago, hayleyp said:

I agree that the transatlantic is unlikely to sail with passengers but that doesn't explain why all the other sailings have gone too.

RCI IT incompetence explains a lot of things. 

• Like 1

Anthem is currently sailing with UK residents only.  I believe sometime in Aug it opens for everyone.  We sail on her on Sept 12.  It’s probably not open to book because it’s sold to whatever percentage they’d like to sail at…maybe 50%.

1 minute ago, zjc said:

Both the Southampton VTS and Liverpool Cruise Schedule (updated 23rd July) now have anthem appearing through September & October

CD1C3565-E702-4117-9FC8-46515C882047.png

FB7EC5EB-7854-47E3-A6ED-2E979C594047.png

Oh no!  It would be nice if they told those of us with reservations. 

• Like 2

I think Royal C are anticipating that Spain will go on the amber plus list soon, which means anyone returning from there will have to quarantine for 10 days on return. That would lead to a lot of people cancelling cruises. I expect the Sept/Oct cruises will change to around UK if they sail. I’m booked on 5th Sept and have seen the Anthem  is expected to be in port at Kirklees on the 8th so RC is definitely checking alternatives. Hopefully we’ll know soon. 

3 Z's in a row, couldn't resist.

Anyway, though not involved with all of this, it looks like RCL wants to have its cake and eat it too. Getting funds from different sailings for same dates does not look good if that is what is actually happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just tried to move my Sep cruise from Rome to an Anthem cruise from UK but noticed they have all been pulled. 

it’s looking like they are now swapping to UK only cruises which would make sense given Spain is on the edge of Amber +. 

it would have been nice if they had the UK only cruises confirmed first rather than pulling them from sale without explanation. 

If these cruises are pulled in favour of UK ports then surely that doesn't bode well for Harmony either given that Spain, France and Italy are on those itineraries. Could it be that there is no European season at all this year?

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If the cso ends 11/1 why would they do a test cruise to start 10/30. Not worth the bother if the cso falls off as hoped. Though cdc could extend it and keep their claws dug in.

1 hour ago, Zabba5 said:

I think Royal C are anticipating that Spain will go on the amber plus list soon, which means anyone returning from there will have to quarantine for 10 days on return. That would lead to a lot of people cancelling cruises. I expect the Sept/Oct cruises will change to around UK if they sail. I’m booked on 5th Sept and have seen the Anthem  is expected to be in port at Kirklees on the 8th so RC is definitely checking alternatives. Hopefully we’ll know soon. 

Sorry, should have said Kirkwall in Scotland. Seems like I’ll have to take warmer clothes! 

10 hours ago, hayleyp said:

If these cruises are pulled in favour of UK ports then surely that doesn't bode well for Harmony either given that Spain, France and Italy are on those itineraries. Could it be that there is no European season at all this year?

Not necessarily. The demographic on Anthem is mostly UK cruisers so that ship will be heavily impacted by the restrictions imposed by the UK government. On Harmony, cruisers are coming from all over Europe, whose citizens are following different rules, as well US tourists who are now being welcomed back to Europe. 

Since I'm booked on Harmony at the end of September I'll be watching very closely with fingers, legs and eyes crossed.

Interesting to see whether the UK government’s u-turn over the “amber watchlist” and its positive implications for Brits travelling to Spain changes anything.

I wonder if Royal are waiting for details of the next traffic light review on Thursday - and in particular news on whether France will go back to amber - before firming up their plans for Anthem in Sep & Oct.