The vaccination olympics

We saw a wacky preacher this week raving that his congregation should reject vaccines "in the name of Jesus". Sheesh, another god botherer. And, there was a Jewish couple's engagement party posing as, in one attendee's words, a "group therapy session", resulted in $300,000 in fines being handed out for an illegal gathering.

And this morning it was encouraging to see that at least one religious group  has it right. A Samoan church has set up a vaccination centre and is spreading the word in their own language for better understanding by those with English difficulty.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

We saw a wacky preacher this week raving that his congregation should reject vaccines "in the name of Jesus". Sheesh, another god botherer. And, there was a Jewish couple's engagement party posing as, in one attendee's words, a "group therapy session", resulted in $300,000 in fines being handed out for an illegal gathering.

And this morning it was encouraging to see that at least one religious group  has it right. A Samoan church has set up a vaccination centre and is spreading the word in their own language for better understanding by those with English difficulty.

Some of these idiots should never have been permitted to enter Straya.   Some get in through the back door, via Nu Ziland.

NOTE: I said some, not all, before the spears start flying.

Edited by NSWP

Big announcement today regarding whether lockdown will be extended beyond midnight tonight for those outside of Auckland.  I'm going to say yes.  Although, it is possible the South Island may move to level 3.    On another note, I was catching up on the world news on Al Jazeera when they started reporting on Covid numbers increasing in NZ/Aus.  It was a muddle of the two countries with a Interviewee from Melbourne against a backdrop of testing stations in Auckland.  No wonder the Americans get so confused.  

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I hope you guys can get it under control soon, as for what the US reports, their populations are so split as to what channel the watch, only 1/3 of them may see it. I.e Fox and ABC vs CNN  and MNBC.

Last time I went to America I noticed they treated news like a sports team you barrack for, they really take their news seriously😳

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Joyce has always been very optimistic with Qantas getting back to business.

I think we will be able to travel overseas to cruise, before certain states open up here in OZ

• Like 1

NZ Update today:

• 70 new community cases giving a total of 347 in the current outbreak -  333 cases in Auckland and 14 In Wellington
  • 19 community cases in hospital, 1 in ICU
  • The whole country will stay at Alert level 4 until midnight Tuesday
  • At midnight Tuesday, NZ south of Auckland will move to Alert Level 3.  Auckland will stay at Alert Level 4 for another two weeks (at least)

17 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Greg Foran doesn't seem to think the Trans-Tasman bubble will reopen

I think NZ will be closed for another year, like Straya.🤐

Cricket scores for today, NSW 1035, VIC 64.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Cricket scores for today, NSW - 1218

VIC - 92

NSW- The Blues won the match.                                           

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Cricket scores for today, NSW - 1218

VIC - 92

NSW- The Blues won the match.                                           

And they're still batting.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I see the Banana Benders are off the duck and have moved onto 1. 😉

They always were useless cricketers the Queensland Bulls. Is Anna Palachuck still smiling? 🤐

A.C.T. is 13 not out, that could turn out to be unlucky.

Edited by NSWP

This is an okay article in CNN on NZ's Covid response.  I like the quote from Michael Baker (an epidemiologist) saying that the ultimate goal is not to treat Covid like the flu but like the measles.  In other words there will be outbreaks but that will be notifiable, traced and stamped out.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/27/asia/new-zealand-zero-covid-delta-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

• Like 2

I have given up posting the cricket scores and lotto numbers, it is so depressing.

It won't be long before NSW Health will be moving cases to Qld, NSW Hospitals are filling up fast. So if we move excessive cases to Northern NSW near the border, then they can be moved into Qld as there would be a memorandum of understanding between NSW health and Qld Health and could not be reneged upon.

Edited by NSWP

I was starting to get depressed so stopped sharing numbers.

But the last three new cases are 82, 83 and 53 respectively.  So, maybe, numbers are plateauing.  I know it could just be a small respite.  

Otherwise, looking forward to moving to level 3 on Wednesday here in Tauranga.  Planning for contactless takeaways and deliveries.  I am also teaching from home so it's all very busy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I was starting to get depressed so stopped sharing numbers.

But the last three new cases are 82, 83 and 53 respectively.  So, maybe, numbers are plateauing.  I know it could just be a small respite.  

Otherwise, looking forward to moving to level 3 on Wednesday here in Tauranga.  Planning for contactless takeaways and deliveries.  I am also teaching from home so it's all very busy.

Stay safe.😷 We will get through this together.👍🙂

• Like 1