The vaccination olympics

7 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

To be fair we don't all have the same illness experiences, personally I can understand why people might wait. I've had plenty of 24hr illnesses that disappear after a good night sleep. The next day I sometimes might still feel a little crook but if symptoms have decreased from yesterday than I know next day it will clear up. Myself I do wait at least a day before I get tested. 

True but the symptoms are too similar to risk these days, in my opinion. If it was Covid and you only had mild symptoms, you'd still be infectious. So better to get tested earlier than later. 

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

True but the symptoms are too similar to risk these days, in my opinion. If it was Covid and you only had mild symptoms, you'd still be infectious. So better to get tested earlier than later. 

I think it is more of an issue if people  are still going out and about rather than isolating. I don't think it matters as much when you get tested if you have isolated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think it is more of an issue if people  are still going out and about rather than isolating. I don't think it matters as much when you get tested if you have isolated.

I think you hit the nail on the head.... Mic.....

Particularly all the people hanging round the take away coffee places.....

I don't get it if you love coffee, get a machine and make it at home... or even just get a plunger...

Don.... who's a bit happy now that one has had their 2nd shot

• Like 2

Just now, getting older slowly said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.... Mic.....

Particularly all the people hanging round the take away coffee places.....

I don't get it if you love coffee, get a machine and make it at home... or even just get a plunger...

Don.... who's a bit happy now that one has had their 2nd shot

Or a cup of quality coffee, Don..😂 At a motel near you !!!!

download.jpg.20ab145674baf5cf4048f11538ba6a1d.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

True but not everyone is sensible like us lot here.

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Or a cup of quality coffee, Don..😂 At a motel near you !!!!

download.jpg.20ab145674baf5cf4048f11538ba6a1d.jpg

On my QLD road trip only one of our accommodations was still rocking the International Roast😂. Mostly we had Nescafe and Moccona. One B&B had the pod machine and one hotel had something I never knew existed, coffee bags😲. Brand was Robert Timms and they were like tea bags but with coffee and they made a pretty decent cup of coffee😁

Edited by ilikeanswers

18 hours ago, gogo65 said:

And also the that Melbourne is on a similar trajectory as NSW, even with the quick and stricter lockdown😔

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Apparently Melbourne has been getting similar problems as Sydney had with some ethnic groups and people not getting tested quickly enough.

So it's not all Dear Glad's fault after all eh? Looks like some faulty crystal balls around the place. 😛

28 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

So it's not all Dear Glad's fault after all eh? Looks like some faulty crystal balls around the place. 

I can't speak for Victoria but in NSW we know who patient zero was, it was an advantageous position. If they had locked down Bondi the way they did the Northern Beaches last year it might have likely prevented an infected person from travelling from Bondi to West Hoxton that led to the super spreader event. There is aquestion to be answered as to why Bondi wasn't locked down. Most places never find their patient zero till long after the infection has spread. It feels like we squandered a unique opportunity. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I can't speak for Victoria but in NSW we know who patient zero was, it was an advantageous position. If they had locked down Bondi the way they did the Northern Beaches last year it might have likely prevented an infected person from travelling from Bondi to West Hoxton that led to the super spreader event. There is aquestion to be answered as to why Bondi wasn't locked down. Most places never find their patient zero till long after the infection has spread. It feels like we squandered a unique opportunity. 

And removalists who went to Melbourne would have been healthy not infected.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

So it's not all Dear Glad's fault after all eh? Looks like some faulty crystal balls around the place. 😛

Or extrapolation beyond the data.

Looking at lines on a graph can be instructive. What they mean and how they should be interpreted is quite another.

But as we know with our crystal balls is that the outbreaks in Vic, SA, QLD, and nipped in WA all came from Sydney. That place where Glad is from.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Or extrapolation beyond the data.

Looking at lines on a graph can be instructive. What they mean and how they should be interpreted is quite another.

But as we know with our crystal balls is that the outbreaks in Vic, SA, QLD, and nipped in WA all came from Sydney. That place where Glad is from.

I actually think it's more Brad than Glad. If not, why did he refuse to release documents to the NSW senate during an enquiry about the timing of the lockdown?

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

I don't know how you worked that one out. It was Glad's responsibility to nip the outbreak in the bud and she barely even tried. If she had done, it's quite possible all those people in Melbourne and Sydney wouldn't be breaking any rules because they wouldn't be in lockdown.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Delta variant started in India, not NSW. It arrived into Australia via an infected aircrew member. 🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I don't know how you worked that one out. It was Glad's responsibility to nip the outbreak in the bud and she barely even tried. If she had done, it's quite possible all those people in Melbourne and Sydney wouldn't be breaking any rules because they wouldn't be in lockdown.

Could have, would have, should have and maybe's won't change what has happened. Hopefully, lessons are learnt.😉

Edited by By The Bay

20 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Delta variant started in India, not NSW. It arrived into Australia via an infected aircrew member. 🤔

If you are thinking you are correcting Docker123 then you are indeed wrong.

As he said, the current delta outbreaks in Australia came from Sydney. Where it was before that doesn't alter that fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

True but in Australia's case via the USA. It was a USA freight plane crew flying from America but it was an Australian limo driver contracted to drive the crew to and from their hotel who brought it into the community. And he was discovered before the infection had left the Bondi area which is unusual as most places don't discover their patient zeros till it is already spreading. We could have nipped this with a short lockdown of Bondi like we did Northern Beaches. Waiting gave time for infected people to leave Bondi and infect people around Sydney. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

True but in Australia's case via the USA. It was a USA freight plane crew flying from America but it was an Australian limo driver contracted to drive the crew to and from their hotel who brought it into the community. And he was discovered before the infection had left the Bondi area which is unusual as most places don't discover their patient zeros till it is already spreading. We could have nipped this with a short lockdown of Bondi like we did Northern Beaches. Waiting gave time for infected people to leave Bondi and infect people around Sydney. 

And that limo driver was not vaccinated, which as someone involved with overseas arrival he surely should have had to be. Not only that but he was wearing nil PPE - no mask, nothing.

That same limo driver is still flouting the rules and was recently fined - sitting at a bus stop, maskless. Drongo.

Actually, more than a drongo - he's an absolute danger to society. He has caused a world of pain, with the help of those officials who allowed it to spread.

Edited by LittleFish1976
additional comment
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

On my QLD road trip only one of our accommodations was still rocking the International Roast😂. Mostly we had Nescafe and Moccona. One B&B had the pod machine and one hotel had something I never knew existed, coffee bags😲. Brand was Robert Timms and they were like tea bags but with coffee and they made a pretty decent cup of coffee😁

We have them for travelling, along with cappuccino sachets and tea bags.

• Like 1

The Delta strain is much worse than the previous strains in terms of spreading, that said if people don't mix, they cannot spread the virus. It needs bodies to live and if people don't mix it will die. Lockdowns work but only if done properly and absolutely. Even now there is too many people out and about and too many doing essential  work when in reality only medical reasons should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

A short, hard lockdown of all of Sydney would have been better as there was not guarantee that all shoppers at Bondi Junction were locals. I used to shop there occasionally and I live on the other side of the bridge.