The vaccination olympics

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

We've had transmission in supermarkets in Melbourne. Couldn't believe it when I heard about the changes to publishing transmission sites in NSW.

Yes, well I was at a local supermarket on the 8th August, on the 13th it had the notice put up saying a positive case had been there, it went up on the woolies site the next day.

I was there at the exact time, I had a test and isolated as soon as I found out, meant I missed a night shift waiting for the results. I’m glad I did but now work wont cover for these casual contacts, think there will be a lot of workers (particularly health care) that will be attending work because the sites weren’t officially published.

It means more people will be potentially infectious and if they aren’t using other social media platforms, they may never know.

Silly silly silly..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gogo65 said:

Yes, well I was at a local supermarket on the 8th August, on the 13th it had the notice put up saying a positive case had been there, it went up on the woolies site the next day.

I was there at the exact time, I had a test and isolated as soon as I found out, meant I missed a night shift waiting for the results. I’m glad I did but now work wont cover for these casual contacts, think there will be a lot of workers (particularly health care) that will be attending work because the sites weren’t officially published.

It means more people will be potentially infectious and if they aren’t using other social media platforms, they may never know.

Silly silly silly..

Oh dear, that's truly awful. That makes the whole situation up there a whole lot worse. That's going to push your cases up faster. I can't believe they've let it get to this. I'm so sorry for all those who will catch this and those who will die from it. (Just saw there's a lecture on-line that I'll watch tomorrow probably, about covid causing diabetes - just one more of the long-term effects that you have in front of you even if it doesn't kill you).

19 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Oh dear, that's truly awful. That makes the whole situation up there a whole lot worse. That's going to push your cases up faster. I can't believe they've let it get to this. I'm so sorry for all those who will catch this and those who will die from it. (Just saw there's a lecture on-line that I'll watch tomorrow probably, about covid causing diabetes - just one more of the long-term effects that you have in front of you even if it doesn't kill you).

I am starting to believe that NSW Govt is starting to give up, like out of ideas. As has happened to a degree in UK and USA, still thousands of cases but little management or lockdowns and little compliance enforcement.

48 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Silly silly silly..

O.M.G! I'm speechless at the stupidity of the NSW government. I've been wondering why places I've seen on our community FB page haven't turned up in the exposure sites list. That is just crazy! Dangerous crazy!

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am starting to believe that NSW Govt is starting to give up, like out of ideas. As has happened to a degree in UK and USA, still thousands of cases but little management or lockdowns and little compliance enforcement.

I'm afraid they don't have the luxury of giving up. If they can't come up with workable ideas of their own then ask Dan Andrews for advice. If they can't do that then resign! Then we might be able to get someone competent at the helm.

Well one council has taken it into their own hands and closed the playgrounds (Blacktown), there are a few people up in arms, but they were closed last time, they still allow kids to play outside in parks, just not on equipment, stops the mums from mingling. 

Gladys wont do it, but glad the council has. Playgrounds in our areas (hills) are still open.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It's clear that they've lost control of the whole thing. They have no idea of the extent of the exposure sites so they're using an excuse for why they won't publish them. Shameful that it's come to this.

I feel sick to think how bad this is going to get.

7 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

It's clear that they've lost control of the whole thing. They have no idea of the extent of the exposure sites so they're using an excuse for why they won't publish them. Shameful that it's come to this.

I feel sick to think how bad this is going to get.

I feel sick too. 😭

Gladys and her cohorts have excellent examples all around them on how to handle is outbreak but their pride won't let them take notice of those examples. Unfortunately we can't force them out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Good morning from lockdown NZ,

Four news cases today.  Very busy day for me.  I am going in to closedown a restaurant.  Freezing of food, cleaning etc

I feel for you

I am glad I am old and dont really need to go to work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Good morning from lockdown NZ,

Four news cases today.  Very busy day for me.  I am going in to closedown a restaurant.  Freezing of food, cleaning etc

Are these four cases from the original one?  Hopefully it won't spread too much with your PM locking down so quickly.  Must be sad to closedown a restaurant.  Is this for the duration of the lockdown?  

On 4/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, GUT2407 said:

Is the the one at the Rocks.

We stayed there frequently when it was Holiday Inn, it was looking a little tired.

We have also stayed in other Rydges a lot and were happy with the product so hopefully you will be fine.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:26 PM, BRANDEE said:

You'll be happy to know that the Bright Angel Lodge is still a magical place. I took dozens of photos from the beautiful back veranda overlooking the South Rim.  The veranda is lined with rocking chairs to just sit and breath in the view.  There is also a lookout that perches you over the edge for a fantastic "scary" view.  There are dozens of little cabins to rent .  Not sure they were there when you visited. You have to make a reservation a year in advance.  Next time (lol) I would love to stay there.  We rented a tiny cabin in Yosemite two years ago.  Nothing like waking up right in the middle of it all!!

Clicked on quote and this came up.  Such wonderful memories of Bright Angel Lodge where we stayed several times.  My daughter just showed me a photo taken at OBama's favourite cafe in Iceland 8 years ago!

I'm so happy I travelled overseas so much.  Today it is even difficult to make interstate flight bookings because of border closures.   

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm afraid they don't have the luxury of giving up. If they can't come up with workable ideas of their own then ask Dan Andrews for advice. If they can't do that then resign! Then we might be able to get someone competent at the helm.

I doubt Gladys will ever acknowledge anything that has worked in Victoria. She certainly won't ask Dan for advice.

13 hours ago, gogo65 said:

Well one council has taken it into their own hands and closed the playgrounds (Blacktown), there are a few people up in arms, but they were closed last time, they still allow kids to play outside in parks, just not on equipment, stops the mums from mingling. 

Gladys wont do it, but glad the council has. Playgrounds in our areas (hills) are still open.

I'm glad that the council has decided to do this. When the Vic govt announced on Monday that all playgrounds would be closed (you can still take your children to the park), there were some ridiculous comments made. One in particular really annoyed me - quote "my 2 year old will have mental health issues because they can't go to the playground". The playgrounds are at this time are going to be closed for 2 weeks. Last year they were closed for weeks and weeks on end. I think people forget how contagious Delta is and how it is infecting children. I think it is close to 50-60 cases aged 10 and under in Victoria and the health dept is investigating a case where it is thought one particular child picked up their infection at a playground.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I'm glad that the council has decided to do this. When the Vic govt announced on Monday that all playgrounds would be closed (you can still take your children to the park), there were some ridiculous comments made. One in particular really annoyed me - quote "my 2 year old will have mental health issues because they can't go to the playground". The playgrounds are at this time are going to be closed for 2 weeks. Last year they were closed for weeks and weeks on end. I think people forget how contagious Delta is and how it is infecting children. I think it is close to 50-60 cases aged 10 and under in Victoria and the health dept is investigating a case where it is thought one particular child picked up their infection at a playground.

Maybe it doesn't occur to the 'complainer' that they cant take their two year old to the playground in wet weather. The child will only know that it is different and they are being 'deprived' if the parents make an issue of it.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I doubt Gladys will ever acknowledge anything that has worked in Victoria. She certainly won't ask Dan for advice.

Sadly, no. She's in denial over too many things about the Delta variant unfortunately. I have lost all confidence in the NSW government now. I predict that, come October when we're still in lockdown, there will be a great enlightenment within the government: "The vaccine isn't stopping infections. What do we do now?". 🤔🙄😡

I've never understood the policy of locking down LGAs after infection has been detected. 

Has anyone caught rabbits using ferrets? You put a net over every hole in the warren before sending the ferret (tracers?) in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Are these four cases from the original one?  Hopefully it won't spread too much with your PM locking down so quickly.  Must be sad to closedown a restaurant.  Is this for the duration of the lockdown?  

It's just for three days (hopefully).  Just need to make sure everything is clean.  Food frozen where it can be.  Eaten or thrown out otherwise.  Stuff turned off.  Deliveries cancelled.  etc.

6 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-18/nsw-children-isolated-from-parents-in-covid-ward/100385512

For all the parents worried about their child’s mental health, this is worse (and yes its true)

Thank you for this link. I saw an article the other day about a toddler overseas who was in a Covid ward separated from her family and only seeing a nurse in full PPE for a few minutes at a time. It made me so upset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sadly, no. She's in denial over too many things about the Delta variant unfortunately. I have lost all confidence in the NSW government now. I predict that, come October when we're still in lockdown, there will be a great enlightenment within the government: "The vaccine isn't stopping infections. What do we do now?". 🤔🙄😡

Personally I totally support our Premier, it's too easy to sit back and cast blame without also considering that the best brains in the world haven't come up with a magic wand yet. Civil disobedience is the main reason for our current problems, and apart from machine gunning the law breakers what else can be done? Vigilante lynchings? Nobody wants to see anarchy in the streets.

Actually I logged on to celebrate that we just had our second shots!

Edited by Russell21
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Personally I totally support our Premier, it's too easy to sit back and cast blame without also considering that the best brains in the world haven't come up with a magic wand yet.

The best that has been come up with so far is "go hard, go fast" on lockdowns.

Your Premier squibbed it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The best that has been come up with so far is "go hard, go fast" on lockdowns.

Your Premier squibbed it.

She also has enough brains to also consider the economic cost, all that is being lost and paid out as support is a bill that will have to eventually be paid. Some people think that Governments have an unlimited money supply, and are shocked to learn that managing a countries finances is a giant version of managing on a household income.

• Like 3