Is Nassau Closed to Cruise Ships?

blueboro

Just wondering if the port is closing or the town is shut down as we had Nassau removed from our 9/17/21 Equinox cruise.  Now spending from 8:00am Monday until Midnight on Tuesday in Aruba.  Of course, that could all change too...but honestly at this point I don't care if we sail for 9 days with no ports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

At this point I think many of us are glad to just be on the ship and really don't care where it goes.  

Absolutely. I got off the ship in Costa Maya to grab some vanilla. The rest of the 7 days, I sat on the ship and relaxed. 

It did not suck. 

603DBA23-3A55-461E-A928-CDA9B5F78D45.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

These is major construction going on in the harbor/port...so that wouldn't surprise me.

You are right.  They are trying to upgrade its capability to be a desirable departure port.  We cruised out of Nassau earlier this year and it worked out quite nicely. We hopped over from FL on a short flight the day of departure, no problems.  When you return to the US, you actually clear US customs in the Bahama airport prior to departure.  Then you can fly straight back home or go through any hub without dealing with US Customs stateside.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DWhit said:

We had an email from Celebrity that said our 9/17 itenary was being changed from Nassau due to pier construction.

Odd.  We got the email from X just showing change of itinerary but no mention of the reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blueboro said:

Odd.  We got the email from X just showing change of itinerary but no mention of the reason.

I got one direct from Celebrity, and the one that mentioned the pier work was one from Celebrity to my travel agent that she forwarded to me