Live From Mardi Gras August 7

Eli_6

We flew in last night and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the bed was comfy, the room was cool and they offered a shuttle from the hotel to the port for $6. Our shuttle arrived to pick us up promptly at 10. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay before your cruise out. Check in and security was a breeze at the port. We were sitting in the holding area waiting to board by 10:30.  Oop...Looks like we are getting ready to board now! I will post photos as soon as I get on board and have internet. The internet in the holding area isn't great.  

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We flew in last night and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the bed was comfy, the room was cool and they offered a shuttle from the hotel to the port for $6. Our shuttle arrived to pick us up promptly at 10. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay before your cruise out. Check in and security was a breeze at the port. We were sitting in the holding area waiting to board by 10:30.  Oop...Looks like we are getting ready to board now! I will post photos as soon as I get on board and have internet. The internet in the holding area isn't great.  

You boarded at 10,30? What time was your check in time?

I’d love to hear about the new masking policy and where you can be maskless inside the ship. Do you have to wear it at the Alchemy bar, inside the comedy club, piano bar, etc., or only while waiting in lines?  Have a great cruise!

Edited by kittymommax4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mondello said:

They booked a suite, have a suite boarding area and I believe priority embarkation.

Correct an Excel suite with priority. Their scheduled boarding time was later. They called and were told they could board in the earliest group regardless.

2 hours ago, kittymommax4 said:

I’d love to hear about the new masking policy and where you can be maskless inside the ship. Do you have to wear it at the Alchemy bar, inside the comedy club, piano bar, etc., or only while waiting in lines?  Have a great cruise!

The only time place someone is guarding the door telling you to put a mask on is at the Buffett/Lido. Outside, many people are taking their masks off. It is 🔥🔥 hot🔥🔥!  Inside, most are wearing masks but there is no one telling you to or reprimanding you if you don't. 

It just isn't being treated as a big deal. Everyone seems to be acting responsibly but the staff isn't saying anything if you don't. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Quick question...did the hotel office airport pick up when you arrived?  What are your arrangements to get back to the airport when you return??

2 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

Quick question...did the hotel office airport pick up when you arrived?  What are your arrangements to get back to the airport when you return??

I am using a shuttle service.  It was Cocoa Beach Shuttles. Only down side was we had to wait a bit because there were four of us on the shuttle and the other people's flight arrived later than ours, but it wasn't a big deal.