Grand suite- drinks

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Good luck getting it past naughty room

We once saw a standing mixer with bowls  in the "pick up after cruise from naughty room" pile on an NCL cruise. Never did figure out what that could be about... and probably don't want to know. It was also the only time we were privy to the contents of the naughty room- it was all just put on display and people were fetching their irons and such as we debarked.

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who is waiting for the sharing police to provide "feedback".

Look, we both know that the offers are for the guest.  Do I care if someone shares their drinks, not in the least.  I'll likely do it myself.  That doesn't mean that I don't know I'm breaking the rules.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

But, unlike the drink package, there’s no expressed policy from RCI against sharing. 

I would suggest that the wording on the offer sheet in your room says that.  I can't find one right now, so I could be wrong.  I'm sure somebody will post a copy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

If the intention is to implement safety protocol and social distancing, it seems to me that changing it from 11-11 to the standard happy hours would do the opposite. Instead of guests visiting throughout the day to grab a drink, they are now going to have everyone congregating during a short window of time.  

Many of these changes are financial under the guise of covid

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

We once saw a standing mixer with bowls  in the "pick up after cruise from naughty room" pile on an NCL cruise. Never did figure out what that could be about... and probably don't want to know. It was also the only time we were privy to the contents of the naughty room- it was all just put on display and people were fetching their irons and such as we debarked.

Lots of rice cookers in Pt Canaveral 

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

If the intention is to implement safety protocol and social distancing, it seems to me that changing it from 11-11 to the standard happy hours would do the opposite. Instead of guests visiting throughout the day to grab a drink, they are now going to have everyone congregating during a short window of time.  

It was just limited beer and cheap wine during the expanded hours. No cocktails.

It was probably created to be able to serve beer and wine with lunch in CK. Similar to the old CL's on Oasis and Allure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

But, unlike the drink package, there’s no expressed policy from RCI against sharing. 

I did see somebody posted a copy of the D+ letter.  It does say "you are entitled" when describing the benefits.  I'm guessing Judge Wapner would agree that the intent is that the vouchers are not meant to be shared.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, George C said:

Free room service, but no drinks , only free drinks is in suite lounge happy hour which is approximately from 5 to 8:30 , grand suites are really nice , that’s what we normally book.

We have our first grand suite this week-end. If I order room service for a meal, what is the appropriate tip?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I did see somebody posted a copy of the D+ letter.  It does say "you are entitled" when describing the benefits.  I'm guessing Judge Wapner would agree that the intent is that the vouchers are not meant to be shared.

I would argue that the word  “you” can be singular or plural. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Is that the same judge that thinks one cannot share the VOOM package?

Well Judge Wapner's legal writings are extensive, and I must confess to not being intimately familiar with all of them.  That beings said, his landmark ruling in Chair Hog .v. Booted da Head is well worth familiarizing yourself with.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, Biker19 said:

Some folks can't be bothered to read the posts and even less to consider context.

More likely they read the thread from the beginning and comment as they come across something to comment about.

Then later see that others have said the same thing.

It you do not like this behavior, you probably need to stop using the internet. 😄

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:40 AM, Biker19 said:

A casual post whore may not, a considerate one, might.

I have been doing forums and SIGs since the mid 80s.  And this is the normal situation.

Maybe the person who posted the wrong info might do some research and not post incorrect info in the first place.

Or state it as a question instead of a fact.

Bottom line is, THEY started by being WRONG.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2021 at 10:12 AM, Cigar King said:

Oh man...that bytes.  I really enjoy dinner on the balcony.  

Does anyone know if we can order and I can set it up myself?

Sorry, I didn't give the right context. Room service can't enter your room to set things up on the balcony. You absolutely can set things up on the balcony once you bring your food off the tray in the hall.

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Sorry, I didn't give the right context. Room service can't enter your room to set things up on the balcony. You absolutely can set things up on the balcony once you bring your food off the tray in the hall.

I can live with that.  Hopefully once the pandemic is behind us they'll be able to set up dinner on the balcony again.

9 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Sure, but back then we could "teach" them the error of their ways.  😉

It didn't work.

It happens on every forum I spend time on.

You just have to learn to live with it.

• 9 months later...