for those who are cruising this week Covid testing cost

joelheather

If I was coming from outside Florida, I'd test before arriving.

Testing here, I'd do all I could to avoid exposure until that test is done and you get the results.

Keep away from people, isolate as much as possible, wash hands a lot and wear a good mask until you get results

• Like 5

Can I ask how your test results confirmation looks? My lab just sent me a basic email with my name and test type and that it was negative. It was signed by the lab, but the email just looks like something anyone could have sent me. I called them today and they said that’s all they do. 
Hoping it will suffice. 

Mrs. Joe817 & I went to CVS yesterday to do that rapid antigen test. She went in at 1pm; I went in at 1:10.  We both were out of there by 1:20. They emailed us the results about 2 hours later. We finally figured out how to print the results summary. :classic_laugh: Both negative. No out of pocket expenses. We are leaving the house for our Vista cruise tomorrow. We're spending the night in Galveston, and we check in at terminal 1:00-1:30 on Saturday. We are soooo ready! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Does Carnival keep the paper or can the scan the QR code or just look at your phone?

I have no idea. But I'm taking 4 copies with me, in case Carnival wants to keep it for their records. The other 3 are for the ports of call...if needed....just in case. 

I live in NE Texas and can't find a CVS anywhere near me that offers the rapid antigen test. When I go online like I want to schedule a test and select the rapid test it says no locations found and I put 200 miles from me in the search area. When y'all are scheduling are you able to select that test online?

50 minutes ago, jcgld62 said:

I live in NE Texas and can't find a CVS anywhere near me that offers the rapid antigen test. When I go online like I want to schedule a test and select the rapid test it says no locations found and I put 200 miles from me in the search area. When y'all are scheduling are you able to select that test online?

I was able to.  Rapid Antigen booked online for the CVS 1 mile down the road from us.   Suburbs north of Houston.

Edited by arkaine23

1 hour ago, jcgld62 said:

All areas of the country seem somewhat different.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, Buffalobills said:

If you have the rapid test done at CVS you need to down load the my chart and set up an account to receive your results.

Anybody have any clue how to view childs results?  We had out tests done at CVS today, very easy, they called a few hours later saying tests were negative and to set up my chart from emails to view/print...problem is that the 3 adults got the email, but the 2 teens did not...then I noticed this on the email image.png.9e89d0b33e46161022963b2ee27aa386.png ugh now theyre closed and recording says theyre not open tomorrow.  Im not sure why I wouldnt be able to create an account/see the kids info or why they never mentioned this:(  Supposed to be on the Magic Thursday..

No local CVS offers the Rapid Test...nearest is 125 miles away....BUT....impossible to get a booking time, all filled up. Same with Walgreens.....This AntiGen test is  a real crusher, not quite to panic mode but getting closer.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:55 AM, EngIceDave said:

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

We cruise in 2 weeks. We live at Port Canaveral and we have called around, they are so swamped around here, they are saying no tests for travel, only exposure or illness.

So, cash or no cash, it's now lie or no cruise.

Good thing is, so bad here, no one would question potential exposure

Kind of a Nation-wide issue. The CDC community transmission map looks like a 1984 Election map. All red with one blue.

I live in the middle area of GA, and we have more cases going on than the previous waves. Luckily I don't think the same level of deaths (unlike FL), but that could be changing soon. We have so many COVID patients in the hospital right now. Its crazy. My MIL tested positive last week, and her husband was having a hard time finding a place to get tested despite close contact to a positive and possible symptoms (he tested negative, but it cost him $150). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

Not real computer literate, but looks like I"ll have to do the BIMAX proctored/online test..it's my only hope.....Where do you buy these, that Carnival will accept as Rapid Antigen?

Not real sure how the E-Health part works, but the only place we found Binax tests was Sams Club. Everywhere else was sold out. 

I've got plenty of time, so I don't have to worry right now, but that would be a good option to know, since I already have 3 tests at home, so I'd just need one more.

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

Not real computer literate, but looks like I"ll have to do the BIMAX proctored/online test..it's my only hope.....Where do you buy these, that Carnival will accept as Rapid Antigen?

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

It has to be the HOME TEST that eMed proctors, not the Self Test that you can buy at any drugstore.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

It has to be the HOME TEST that eMed proctors, not the Self Test that you can buy at any drugstore.

Tip of the hat to ya....great help, ordered 4 of these, hoping I can figure it out on how to tele connect, etc.  If not I'll have to try and find someone to help me online/camera, etc. I have a camera but not sure how to do the connection  and setup for this.  Again...hopefully this will work since impossible to find a CVS or Walgreens close, yes they were expensive kits but pretty much my only alternative.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 9:55 AM, EngIceDave said:

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

We cruise in 2 weeks. We live at Port Canaveral and we have called around, they are so swamped around here, they are saying no tests for travel, only exposure or illness.

So, cash or no cash, it's now lie or no cruise.

Good thing is, so bad here, no one would question potential exposure

No need to lie for either the CVS or Walgreens test.  Others have posted the CVS question about travel - it's the only one I replied yes to, and I still qualified for an appointment at no cost.  Walgreens didn't have a similar question but asked if we live in an area with community spread. That's the only one I replied yes to and qualified for that one at no cost.  Their tests need to be booked online.

Two weeks ago, I made our appointments for Rapid Antigen at CVS - in Orlando for yesterday afternoon.  So it would have been a 45-50 minute drive but there were no options closer for a rapid test.  Then I started watching the Walgreens site and checked it at different times throughout the day to see when I might find possible appointments.  Walgreens (in this area) only allow booking a day or two in advance, very occasionally three days out (my experience only in watching it for two weeks).  On Saturday, I got online at 5:00 am - my husband woke me up because he saw the Mardi Gras and Magic coming in then.  It was like magic -  Walgreens appointments were available for yesterday, the first day we could get tested for our Thursday cruise!  So I booked our appointments at Walgreens in Merritt Island for yesterday morning.  It was done at the drive-through pharmacy window and it was super fast and SO easy!  Not the poke your brains out test like we'd had a year ago - the pharmacy tech said the Q-tip only needs to be inserted 1/2 inch.  Yay!  We had our results emailed to us 30 minutes later, right after we got home.  Then I cancelled our CVS appointments for yesterday afternoon.  I was afraid to cancel until we knew we were actually going to be tested.  

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Like 2