for those who are cruising this week Covid testing cost

joelheather

On 8/19/2021 at 9:39 AM, Gromitsfamily said:

My husband and I used CVS last night for the Rapid Antigen test here in California.  Not cost and results in about an hour or less.  We did need to create a Mychart.cvsheath.com account to view and print the results.  

May I ask where you are in California?  We are up outside Sacramento and having trouble finding CVS or WALGREENS that are doing rapid testing.  Was referred to one about 40 miles away and was told it would cost $138.00 for each of us. We get all our meds at WALGREENS and we're told they do not do rapid tests at all in California.  

6 hours ago, topaz123 said:

No local CVS offers the Rapid Test...nearest is 125 miles away....BUT....impossible to get a booking time, all filled up. Same with Walgreens.....This AntiGen test is  a real crusher, not quite to panic mode but getting closer.

agree.  I am in PA and I am noticing a mixture of some CVS filling up faster than others.  And Walgreens is impossible.

Since all the cruise lines are now requiring covidtest as well as lot more other places, I feel the CEOs of each cruise line needs to let the CEOs of CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid  the need to expand more locations all across the USA.  I mean FAST.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

agree.  I am in PA and I am noticing a mixture of some CVS filling up faster than others.  And Walgreens is impossible.

Since all the cruise lines are now requiring covidtest as well as lot more other places, I feel the CEOs of each cruise line needs to let the CEOs of CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid  the need to expand more locations all across the USA.  I mean FAST.  

Yes, its like the wild west out here now...very , very poor planning. I had the pharmacist tell me at CVS, that they have people scheduling and then backing out at the  last minute...it's impossible to plan...everybody reserving cvs and walgreens, taking up spots...no body can get in now.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

I disagree completely. Everyone should be able to get tested as they see fit. Testing should be covered for free. Testing to travel is just as important as someone testing whether they "may" have covid. If you think you will die in two weeks, get the vaccine and not worry about it!!!

Ah, the age-old debate. This "necessity should be free". It's not always that easy. It's not always that glorious. It's not always that free.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Ah, the age-old debate. This "necessity should be free". It's not always that easy. It's not always that glorious. It's not always that free.

You are correct, wrong word. I should have said at no direct cost. We 39% of us are paying for it and massive debt is being added for it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jcgld62 said:

For those that tested at Walmart through Quest, when did you get results? I made an appointment for 3 days before my October 3 cruise and just wonder if I should have a backup plan for a rapid test.

Wondering about this also.  Will be looking for the reply.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, topaz123 said:

Yes, its like the wild west out here now...very , very poor planning. I had the pharmacist tell me at CVS, that they have people scheduling and then backing out at the  last minute...it's impossible to plan...everybody reserving cvs and walgreens, taking up spots...no body can get in now.

And the web for CVS is wonky.

So yesterday I saw they were up to Sept 5th and today they had on at 9am Sept 6th and 7th so I grabbed mine for a cruise on 10th. Out of the 4 stores in a 25 mile radius, one seems to fill up in wee hours of the morning. The others have more avail.

Funny I have about 15 other CVS near me and they only do PCR. So CVS needs to get more clinics to come on. It could be store type and parking lot setup too.

I think perhaps in  few months more testing sites should be around airports and malls.

And just imagine if ya now need a test to get on a plane. Yikes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jcgld62 said:

For those that tested at Walmart through Quest, when did you get results? I made an appointment for 3 days before my October 3 cruise and just wonder if I should have a backup plan for a rapid test.

I tested with them this morning so I'll let you know how that goes. They told me 1-3 days. I'm hoping today counts as day 1.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

And the web for CVS is wonky.

So yesterday I saw they were up to Sept 5th and today they had on at 9am Sept 6th and 7th so I grabbed mine for a cruise on 10th. Out of the 4 stores in a 25 mile radius, one seems to fill up in wee hours of the morning. The others have more avail.

Funny I have about 15 other CVS near me and they only do PCR. So CVS needs to get more clinics to come on. It could be store type and parking lot setup too.

I think perhaps in  few months more testing sites should be around airports and malls.

And just imagine if ya now need a test to get on a plane. Yikes 

I share your pain....6 CVS in my area....just one with the RAPID test,  fills up immediately, just cannot get in. Walgreens same story, about 6 or 7, only 2 offer the Rapid Test, no possible way to get in, unless you camp on the computer all night...whew.  I understand the possible tie up if you come to Miami without a RAPID TEST RESULT ...I realize you lose the airfare, but at this point I think the MSC model is the best...Test at the terminal, at the very least  you cannot depend on finding a valid RAPID test at home, so I would take the chance..it's a quick test, surely MSC can do it...now it's Carny's turn.

21 hours ago, topaz123 said:

I share your pain....6 CVS in my area....just one with the RAPID test,  fills up immediately, just cannot get in. Walgreens same story, about 6 or 7, only 2 offer the Rapid Test, no possible way to get in, unless you camp on the computer all night...whew.  I understand the possible tie up if you come to Miami without a RAPID TEST RESULT ...I realize you lose the airfare, but at this point I think the MSC model is the best...Test at the terminal, at the very least  you cannot depend on finding a valid RAPID test at home, so I would take the chance..it's a quick test, surely MSC can do it...now it's Carny's turn.

and NCL is doing it also in Seattle.  The thing is getting there and being turned away.  that is why I canceled my NCL and booked RCI.  Oh and then they too changed to testing so I was forced to deal with it head on.  Been an eye opener on how many pharmacies only do longer PCR.  time will tell if all this changes down the road.

There is certainly now a new cottage industry growing for rapid tests for travel, but they need to be witnessed by someone like a pharmacy and not the home tests.   So I still believe all the CEOs need to communicate and get moving.

I have a total of 4 cruises so I get to do this 3 more times.  One trip I only have to drive to

Oh and the urgent care places will do you same day but with permission from a doctor.

See a lot of medical folks believe testing should be if you only have symptoms.   But cruise lines needs to test so that vaxxed folks at least 3 days before a cruise are not carriers.  

53 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and NCL is doing it also in Seattle.  The thing is getting there and being turned away.  that is why I canceled my NCL and booked RCI.  Oh and then they too changed to testing so I was forced to deal with it head on.  Been an eye opener on how many pharmacies only do longer PCR.  time will tell if all this changes down the road.

There is certainly now a new cottage industry growing for rapid tests for travel, but they need to be witnessed by someone like a pharmacy and not the home tests.   So I still believe all the CEOs need to communicate and get moving.

I have a total of 4 cruises so I get to do this 3 more times.  One trip I only have to drive to

Oh and the urgent care places will do you same day but with permission from a doctor.

See a lot of medical folks believe testing should be if you only have symptoms.   But cruise lines needs to test so that vaxxed folks at least 3 days before a cruise are not carriers.  

Good points....this surge for testing is a tremendous burden for cruisers, especially when you hear stories of CVS/WALGREENS over 100+ miles away and NO openings for Rapid Test....CCL needs to step up and DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

• Like 1

If you live near Manchester NH there's a place called onsite medical. Its located in the parking lot of the Mall of NH. They only do travel. Booking appointments about a month out. I think they don't fill up quickly.  $60 for the rapid antigen. They don't take insurance. Manchestertesting.com I got my test today. Had my email within a half hr. 

Edited by fozzy

For those in Florida stressing, there is a NEW testing site in Brevard county (Viera) Same place we got our vaccinations that is offering both PCR and Antigen testing by appointment.  Symptoms not necessary.

Click on the "21" for Brevard, they have other sites as well.

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/26/onsite

On 8/25/2021 at 7:30 AM, jcgld62 said:

42 1/2 hours.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:24 PM, topaz123 said:

but at this point I think the MSC model is the best...Test at the terminal,

MSC changed their cruise requirements August 19. They no longer offer to provide testing at terminal. 
Passengers must test , no more than 3 days before cruise, at their own expense. Only those fully vaccinated can do Antigen tests. 

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

42 1/2 hours.

thanks, I sail on a Sunday, driving to the airport Friday, and have the PCR with Quest scheduled for Thursday am. I may try to get a rapid antigen test Friday before leaving town just to be safe.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 9:35 AM, Earthworm Jim said:

Cruising aside, that's a bad situation for someone who fears they might have Covid. You could be dead in 2 weeks if you have it. As painful as this is to say, I'm not sure us travelers who need a test to travel should be taking up testing slots if there are sick people out there that really need the test more.

Exactly why they should stop this pre trip testing insanity! A test 72 hours out is not at all useful 72 hours later, after possible exposures in that time frame. People who are sick need the confirmation, not asymptomatic vaccinated travelers.

• Like 2