Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

As I said they were dated last year.  Perhaps you could be so kind to post screen prints of the current menus?  

Would if I could but I am computer/phone/app challenged.  I have absolutely no idea how to even take a screen shot much less post it.  If no one else does in the next 24 hours, I will type it here.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Sorry but I find the food at the buffet not of good quality. In fact I can’t even look at it

I don't think the majority of passengers agree with you judging from the crowds!  So, if not the buffet, our friend can go get his breakfast at the International Cafe and take it back to his balcony.

1 minute ago, Kay S said:

I don't think the majority of passengers agree with you judging from the crowds!  So, if not the buffet, our friend can go get his breakfast at the International Cafe and take it back to his balcony.

You mean all the people I saw at the buffet last week using their hands to pick up breads and sandwiches?

• Haha 1

Have some time to kill so -

Current offerings on Ocean Now App onboard Majestic Princess.

Hot Food

Hot dog

Veggie Burger

Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Beef Burger

Above all complimentary

Steak Frites 7 oz. filet - $19

Spaghetti Bolognesse - $12

Appetizer

Fruit Plate - Complimentary

Hummus Dip & Veggies - $4.99

Shrimp Cocktail - $12

Maki Shrimp Roll - $12

Cheese Plate - $4.99

Loaded Cheese Fries - Complimentary

Maki Spicy tuna Roll - $12

Maki California Roll - $12

Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato - $4.99

Sides

French Fries - Complimentary

Greens and Soups - All complimentary

Chicken Noodle Soup

Mixed Green Salad

Three Bean Chili

Caesar Salad

Chef's Salad

Greek Salad

Sandwiches - All complimentary

Club

Peanut Butter & Jelly

Princess Egg Muffin

Turkey

Vegetarian

Tuna Salad

Sweets

Key Lime Pie verrine

Chocolate Cake

New York Cheesecake

Above Complimentary

Chocolate Chip Cookies - $4.99

Ice Cream - Various Flavors - $6

Kids - All complimentary

Cheese Quesadilla

Chicken Fingers

Grilled Cheese

Crown Grill - 13 items costing from $5 to $19

Pizza - Only served from 11 am to 11 pm

Pepperoni, Vegetarian, Margherita - $8.50 each

The Catch - 24 items costing from $5 to $280

And that is it for food items.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Have some time to kill so -

Current offerings on Ocean Now App onboard Majestic Princess.

Hot Food

Hot dog

Veggie Burger

Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Beef Burger

Above all complimentary

Steak Frites 7 oz. filet - $19

Spaghetti Bolognesse - $12

Appetizer

Fruit Plate - Complimentary

Hummus Dip & Veggies - $4.99

Shrimp Cocktail - $12

Maki Shrimp Roll - $12

Cheese Plate - $4.99

Loaded Cheese Fries - Complimentary

Maki Spicy tuna Roll - $12

Maki California Roll - $12

Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato - $4.99

Sides

French Fries - Complimentary

Greens and Soups - All complimentary

Chicken Noodle Soup

Mixed Green Salad

Three Bean Chili

Caesar Salad

Chef's Salad

Greek Salad

Sandwiches - All complimentary

Club

Peanut Butter & Jelly

Princess Egg Muffin

Turkey

Vegetarian

Tuna Salad

Sweets

Key Lime Pie verrine

Chocolate Cake

New York Cheesecake

Above Complimentary

Chocolate Chip Cookies - $4.99

Ice Cream - Various Flavors - $6

Kids - All complimentary

Cheese Quesadilla

Chicken Fingers

Grilled Cheese

Crown Grill - 13 items costing from $5 to $19

Pizza - Only served from 11 am to 11 pm

Pepperoni, Vegetarian, Margherita - $8.50 each

The Catch - 24 items costing from $5 to $280

And that is it for food items.

Thank you so much.  This was very kind of you!  Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Hello Everyone,

Maybe this has already been answered in the preceeding 109 pages...

We are a family of 7 that wishes to dine together. We have a "Reserve" dining, but kids and grandkids have standard. How do we select a traditional style time together? 

Thank you,

15 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

Hello Everyone,

We are a family of 7 that wishes to dine together. We have a "Reserve" dining, but kids and grandkids have standard. How do we select a traditional style time together? 

Thank you,

Contact who you booked the cruise with. 

28 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Your kids and grandkids will not be allowed to eat in the Reserve dining room.  You can join them in the Main Dining Room, Specialty Dining Rooms, and Casual Dining.  You can make reservations in advance for Main and Specialty.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, no1superfan said:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

You can dine together but it will be in regular dining not reserve. I would not give up dinner in reserve even for friends and family. 

• Haha 2

The problem is that the reservations are made on the APP and since we have Reserve Dining the APP sez "You have Reserve, You don't need any stinkin reservations". (I may have mis-quoted).

I have called Princess and their representative had no answer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, memoak said:

You can dine together but it will be in regular dining not reserve. I would not give up dinner in reserve even for friends and family. 

Reserve is worth the extra $ (IMO).  The menu is not really different, but the service is outstanding.  On some ships, the Reserve section is adjacent to the main dining area so conceivably you could book a table on the other side of the "divide" for the big family and ask the Reserve host to seat you near them.  They would have a different waiter, of course.  I know, that sound like too much trouble.  😄

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, no1superfan said:

The problem is that the reservations are made on the APP and since we have Reserve Dining the APP sez "You have Reserve, You don't need any stinkin reservations". (I may have mis-quoted).

Have one of the passengers without reserve make the regular reservations for everyone. There was section for traveling companions on the App where one person enters the booking numbers for everyone else and then can make the reservations. I've done that for up to 8 people (4 reservations) before but it was more than a year so I hope someone with more recent experience will chime in.  I just checked the on-line version and there is an 'add guest' option.  I would think that someone without reserve wouldn't have the option (of selecting reserve) so should be able to make reservations for all 7 of you in the regular MDR.  Good luck!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is there a reason you booked a reserve mini suite or a full suite that doesn’t involve the reserve dining. If you are in a reserve mini the dining is really the only thing extra you are paying for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Is there a reason you booked a reserve mini suite or a full suite that doesn’t involve the reserve dining. If you are in a reserve mini the dining is really the only thing extra you are paying for

I "accidentally" booked a Reserve mini once.  I usually do the minis anyway, and I chose one based on location not knowing it was a Reserve.  When I figured out what I had done, I chose to go with it and didn't regret it.  It's true that the dining is the only real perk (not the cheap wine in the cabin--do they still do that?)  

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

I "accidentally" booked a Reserve mini once.  I usually do the minis anyway, and I chose one based on location not knowing it was a Reserve.  When I figured out what I had done, I chose to go with it and didn't regret it.  It's true that the dining is the only real perk (not the cheap wine in the cabin--do they still do that?)  

Yup...still get the cheap wine.

19 hours ago, memoak said:

Is there a reason you booked a reserve mini suite or a full suite that doesn’t involve the reserve dining

Tradition. We loved the balcony and wanted to be there once again. We enjoyed it so much we're dragging the kids and the #1 Grandkid along. How often do you get the chance to share something as nice as MDR with those you love?

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, no1superfan said:

Have your children make the group dining reservation.  When you get on board, let them know at Reserve, you will not be showing up.  (PS - I wouldn't have bothered booking a Reserve Mini as there are lots of other good locations without paying for something not going to use).

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Have your children make the group dining reservation.  When you get on board, let them know at Reserve, you will not be showing up.  (PS - I wouldn't have bothered booking a Reserve Mini as there are lots of other good locations without paying for something not going to use).

I totally agree

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

But maybe the app will still object to someone with reserve dining joining a table of plebs?

On 5/5/2024 at 1:53 PM, no1superfan said:

I would write a letter to princess and point out the problem the app is presenting;  I think they really pay attention when a customer takes the time to write a letter.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:53 AM, no1superfan said:

@no1superfan  I believe you can override the reserve dining, otherwise you would never be able to pre book a specialty restaurant.  I think you will need to do each day separately.  

When you click on dining, pick a date and time, then it will ask you to pick specialty or main dining.  You can also, click on the heart to go into your reservations and choose add a reservation, which when done will cancel the existing one.  I think from there it will do what you want.  I have never followed all the way through (in this new app) so I don’t know where it goes from there.  Let us know if it works. 

Also, at some point there is a little man icon with a + sign in the upper right corner where you can add guest booking numbers.

4 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@no1superfan  I believe you can override the reserve dining, otherwise you would never be able to pre book a specialty restaurant.  I think you will need to do each day separately.  

When you click on dining, pick a date and time, then it will ask you to pick specialty or main dining.  You can also, click on the heart to go into your reservations and choose add a reservation, which when done will cancel the existing one.  I think from there it will do what you want.  I have never followed all the way through (in this new app) so I don’t know where it goes from there.  Let us know if it works. 

Also, at some point there is a little man icon with a + sign in the upper right corner where you can add guest booking numbers.

Reserve dining cannot be overridden to MDR as far as I know. Anyone can book specialty dining regardless of MDR status except for full suites where embarkation night is guaranteed and booked once you board through the dine line or concierge where available 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, memoak said:

Reserve dining cannot be overridden to MDR as far as I know. Anyone can book specialty dining regardless of MDR status except for full suites where embarkation night is guaranteed and booked once you board through the dine line or concierge where available 

There is a selection for “SD or MDR” when you go to “add reservation” for a particular date/time that is why I was asking them to try it.  I have used the SD choice to book crown grill which overrides my night at reserve, but haven’t tried the MDR choice since I don’t have others to dine with.  It’s worth a try to see if it works.

Edited by t&atravel