Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

28 minutes ago, doghog said:

On our Enchanted cruise (27 March - 6 April)  we ate in the Amalfi MDR every evening and shorts were worn by others every night. Can't imagine the other two MDRs were any different. 

We did DMW and had reservations for 6:PM every evening. Same two top that we selected. 

How did you select your table? We haven't been to a DR in 20 yearS, and it used to be you boarded the ship and could walk around the DR, pick you out a table and ask for it each night.

41 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

How did you select your table? We haven't been to a DR in 20 yearS, and it used to be you boarded the ship and could walk around the DR, pick you out a table and ask for it each night.

The staff will seat you.  You could ask for a particular location, but it's not a sure thing.  With DMW, both reservations and walk ups are in the same line (at least that's how it was on my post-covid cruises) and when you got to the head of the line, they ask if you want to share a table.  If you don't you likely would have to wait some more.  Old traditional dining meant you had a table assigned before you go to the MDR and that was your table for the rest of the cruise.  That meant just walking in and sitting down at your appointed hour.  

We were on the first couple of ships out of Los Angeles directly after cruising resumed.  The whole DMW was a nightmare.  Maybe they have changed things since then, but this new plan of three dining rooms sounds like an improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We asked on embarkation and was told we had to wait until the first evening. So at the end of the first evening we spoke with the Maitre D and asked for a specific table. Our request was acknowledged.put in their system and we were assigned that exact two top table for the entire cruise. Since we had a standing reservation time and table we were allowed to walk in the MDR without stopping at the podium to be checked in. Our entire experience with DMW was anything but a nightmare. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, doghog said:

We asked on embarkation and was told we had to wait until the first evening. So at the end of the first evening we spoke with the Maitre D and asked for a specific table. Our request was acknowledged.put in their system and we were assigned that exact two top table for the entire cruise. Since we had a standing reservation time and table we were allowed to walk in the MDR without stopping at the podium to be checked in. Our entire experience with DMW was anything but a nightmare. 

Exactly how it worked for us.  I already have my list of preferred tables for our next cruise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kay S said:

The staff will seat you.  You could ask for a particular location, but it's not a sure thing.  With DMW, both reservations and walk ups are in the same line (at least that's how it was on my post-covid cruises) and when you got to the head of the line, they ask if you want to share a table.  If you don't you likely would have to wait some more.  Old traditional dining meant you had a table assigned before you go to the MDR and that was your table for the rest of the cruise.  That meant just walking in and sitting down at your appointed hour.  

We were on the first couple of ships out of Los Angeles directly after cruising resumed.  The whole DMW was a nightmare.  Maybe they have changed things since then, but this new plan of three dining rooms sounds like an improvement.

It could be that you are relating experience from resumption of cruising because it really isn't like that.  Sure nothing is absolute with Princess, but generally, the line with res is different than the line without res.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sure nothing is absolute with Princess, but generally, the line with res is different than the line without res.

That has been our experience also in three cruises on three different Princess ships (Enchanted, Coral and Caribbean) post Covid including two in 2023.

• Like 1

Just now, capriccio said:

That has been our experience also in three cruises on three different Princess ships (Enchanted, Coral and Caribbean) post Covid including two in 2023.

On 2 cruises this year as well both reservation line and walk up lines

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It could be that you are relating experience from resumption of cruising because it really isn't like that.  Sure nothing is absolute with Princess, but generally, the line with res is different than the line without res.

Agree. On our recent Enchanted cruise we ate in the Amalfi MDR. We usually left between 7:00 to 7:15. The line for no reservations was out the door and up the staircase. It was that way every evening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, as I said, it was at the beginning of all of this and that I am aware things might have changed.  Still, we did two cruises then (burning off FCC) where the lines were combined and out the door.  People were complaining and one lady fainted from standing too long.  I am happy to hear that things have improved in the year I've been away, and I have guarded hopes for the success of the new dining scheme.

• Like 1

I didn't want to start a new thread asking this so figured in here might be best place to ask. I've got Princess Plus for my cruise which says it has room service included, does this mean I could get breakfast delivered to my cabin every morning or is it limited?

It's my first time on a Princess cruise and first time on any cruise where I'll have a balcony and sitting on my own wee balcony having a relaxed breakfast sounds quite appealing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OTrail said:

I didn't want to start a new thread asking this so figured in here might be best place to ask. I've got Princess Plus for my cruise which says it has room service included, does this mean I could get breakfast delivered to my cabin every morning or is it limited?

It's my first time on a Princess cruise and first time on any cruise where I'll have a balcony and sitting on my own wee balcony having a relaxed breakfast sounds quite appealing.

Yes, you can have breakfast delivered each morning, but it is a very limited menu.  Juices; coffee; tea; milk; water; fresh fruit; yogurt; cold cereal; bread; pastries; pepperoni, ham, cheese pizza muffin; egg, bacon, cheese muffin; butter; jelly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Yes, you can have breakfast delivered each morning, but it is a very limited menu.  Juices; coffee; tea; milk; water; fresh fruit; yogurt; cold cereal; bread; pastries; pepperoni, ham, cheese pizza muffin; egg, bacon, cheese muffin; butter; jelly.

In addition to the room service breakfast menu you hang on your door, you also have free access to the OceanNow menu (from your room or elsewhere on the ship). It will have additional options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

In addition to the room service breakfast menu you hang on your door, you also have free access to the OceanNow menu (from your room or elsewhere on the ship). It will have additional options.

Curious what breakfast options you have seen?  The only breakfast food options I have found on the app is the Egg McMuffin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HotRoot said:

But cant you have this anyway without paying extra?

Pretty sure you can have room service breakfast in with the standard cruise package?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OTrail said:

If the room service options are too limited, you can always go to the buffet and make a plate to take back to your balcony.  In the olden days (when I cruised Princess often) I would fill out the door card to hang out in the evening, but I would write in that I also wanted a hard-boiled egg.  I almost always got it.  I heard of people doing that for bacon, too, but I just wanted my egg.  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

Pretty sure you can have room service breakfast in with the standard cruise package?

You can but you have to pay extra since the delivery charge isn't included in the standard package.  Get Ocean Now for a one time fee of $14.99 per person to cover delivery anywhere on the ship.

Here's the food and drink menus from last year to give you an idea (items may have changed and prices - for those that are extra - may have also):

https://profcruise.com/princess-oceannow-food-delivery-menu/

https://profcruise.com/princess-oceannow-beverage-menu/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

26 minutes ago, capriccio said:

You can but you have to pay extra since the delivery charge isn't included in the standard package.  Get Ocean Now for a one time fee of $14.99 per person to cover delivery anywhere on the ship.

Here's the food and drink menus from last year to give you an idea (items may have changed and prices - for those that are extra - may have also):

You do not have to pay extra for breakfast room service from the door hanger menu. You only have to pay extra if you order by phone or OceanNow.

I was replying to @OTrailwho has the Plus package, so telephone and OceanNow room service do not extra with that package.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Curious what breakfast options you have seen?  The only breakfast food options I have found on the app is the Egg McMuffin.

30 minutes ago, capriccio said:

It depends on your definition of breakfast food options. Some people may want a hamburger for breakfast. I just wanted to point out that there is more available from room service than just what is on the door hanger card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Seems to be some confusion.

As far as I know you can order breakfast from your room every morning and there is no delivery charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

Seems to be some confusion.

As far as I know you can order breakfast from your room every morning and there is no delivery charge.

As I understand it, there is no delivery charge for breakfast ordered with the door tag as discussed earlier.

Some of us were elaborating on when a room service charge is incurred (basically for anything else if you don't have Ocean Now) since poster @OTrail is a first time Princess cruiser.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

From what I understand if you put on the hang tag to order breakfast there is no additional charge. If you order by phone or on the app and you don't at least have the Plus package. you pay a "delivery fee". 
If this is incorrect please inform.

• Like 2

Perfect, thanks folks. Looking forward to enjoying a croissant and coffee on my balcony. Now just to hope the weather holds and I'm not sitting out there in the rain :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kay S said:

If the room service options are too limited, you can always go to the buffet and make a plate to take back to your balcony.  In the olden days (when I cruised Princess often) I would fill out the door card to hang out in the evening, but I would write in that I also wanted a hard-boiled egg.  I almost always got it.  I heard of people doing that for bacon, too, but I just wanted my egg.  🙂

Sorry but I find the food at the buffet not of good quality. In fact I can’t even look at it

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

These menus do not match what is currently on board.  First, pizzas now cost $8.50.  There is no guacamole and chips.  I did not look any further than that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

These menus do not match what is currently on board.  First, pizzas now cost $8.50.  There is no guacamole and chips.  I did not look any further than that.

As I said they were dated last year.  Perhaps you could be so kind to post screen prints of the current menus?