Bermuda new protection edict!

Marygracie C.

13 minutes ago, drbeamer said:

I’m booked on the first Boston Bermuda cruise in 2022. Done the trip many times since we can drive to port and avoid air travel. I wouldn’t mind just staying  on the ship for the whole week, and not disembarking at any time. Do you think I could avoid all the Bermuda requirements? I’m vaccinated and would just do the NCL required testing. 

Based on the grid, which i tried to copy.  Under departure day it says munst have TA to board the ship.  So it looks like they NCL would not allow you to board without it.

I can understand that part.  If you dont meet their standard to be on the ship with however many your sailings capacity is, why would they want you potentially infecting all of those passengers while on the ship.

We really all just have to decide for ourselves what level of risk, and what level of protective measures we are willing to go through in order to cruise again.  We chose a 100٪ vaccinated cruise to limit the risk as many of you did.  Some may have chosen it bases in NCL being their line of choice.  We use them often so it falls under both for us.

If you choose not to get of the ship than you may not have to do the testing upon arrival.  One question is for a multiple day stay Wednesday to Friday do we only have to test the first time we leave the ship or would that be day as well?  And for passengers that do not have internet plans, how are they going to get the email that says they are cleared.  Will NCL have a login for that purpose.  Will they have computers on dock to check(which would be a disinfecting nightmare)

We dont sail until 10/10 on Breakaway so hopefully by then NCL will have answers to these questions.  As of now I have not received any notice from NCL letting us know of the requirement.  But as we all know the contract says we are responsible for knowing what will be required.

1 hour ago, Marygracie C. said:

Oh you are right!We hoped to miss all this testing in Bermuda by staying on the ship but rereading their Bermuda cruise ship paperwork,to sail to Bermuda must be pretested,papers and fees filed before leaving home port.Oh my!

I cancelled my 10/17 trip because of this. For me, 4 days before I board a ship I should be happily anticipating, not worrying about test results coming back on time for me to upload and further wait for an OK acceptance within 24 hours from Bermuda. And pay $75 for the privilege. Nope.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, The P said:

I cancelled my 10/17 trip because of this. For me, 4 days before I board a ship I should be happily anticipating, not worrying about test results coming back on time for me to upload and further wait for an OK acceptance within 24 hours from Bermuda. And pay $75 for the privilege. Nope.

something to think about seriously

On 8/15/2021 at 10:29 AM, MsTabbyKats said:

Anyone's guess is just as good as anyone else's....but if Bermuda has rules, it doesn't matter how long you're staying there...just that you're covid free upon arrival. 

So, my guess is that they spend the day at sea. (Note:  I dom't know how long your cruise is, but the stop being the last day would not be "good timing" for the PCR test.)

Anyone else want to guess? 

Yeah, they are going to get their $75 whether anyone likes it or not.

9 minutes ago, fsls40 said:

Any Updates From NCL ?

I have not seen anything for our 10/10 Breakaway, but there documentation says they will send this type of information about 30 days in advance.  With the constantly changing requirements, this would make sense.    The information for someone sailing next week, may not be the same for me sailing in 49 days.

• Like 1

We have been jumping through all size hoops for what will soon be two years because of one disease. The world is home to at least 100,000 diseases and only some of them have cures. Under the circumstances, a batter course might be to trash the hoops and return to  pre Covid reality. Disease will be with us for at least the foreseeable future and we can live with that because we all did. As far as Bermude is concerned, go elsewhere now. When things are easier, visit then.

Mary

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:36 PM, Karaboudjan said:

Wasn't there a mention a while back about no excursions being available for the first morning?  If that is correct then it seems like they are anticipating everybody spending that time waiting for their test results, which probably means testing around 8am.

The way they are currently doing it for land-based vacations in Bermuda, you are tested immediately upon arrival.  Then you must go directly to your hotel and stay there until you receive your test results by email.  The results don't arrive in your email box until the next morning.  After that, you will receive an email from the Bermuda government when your next tests are due (every 4 days).

Edited by ShelleyQT
added word for clarity

2 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

The way they are currently doing it for land-based vacations in Bermuda, you are tested immediately upon arrival.  Then you must go directly to your hotel and stay there until you receive your test results by email.  The results don't arrive in your email box until the next morning.  After that, you will receive an email from the Bermuda government when your next tests are due (every 4 days).

That assumes you are vaccinated.  If not 14 day quarantine.

1 hour ago, keep on cruisin said:

That assumes you are vaccinated.  If not 14 day quarantine.

All visitors to Bermuda must be vaccinated. 

Unvaccinated residents may return to Bermuda but they are immediately sent to 14 day quarantine upon arrival to island.

1 hour ago, ShelleyQT said:

Usually 6 hours before you receive test results. Even the vaccinated returning residents must go directly home and quarantine until they receive email.

ALL arrivals - visitors and residents - are subject to PCR nasal swab tests.

Final payment for my booking is due in two days, and I can't imagine going through with it. I already have too much money tied up in travel credits.

Where I live, it's not possible to get PCR results in written form in time to apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorisation -- drugstore tests using private labs don't come back quickly enough (I'm currently waiting for the result of a test drawn 71 hours ago). Hospital tests using the state lab come back within 36 hours but there is nothing in writing; results are given only by phone.

And then there's the re-test upon arrival in Bermuda, so the first day in port seems to be shot, and I question whether Bermuda has the capacity to process thousands of tests in 24 hours, so I wouldn't be confident about the second day.

28 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Final payment for my booking is due in two days, and I can't imagine going through with it. I already have too much money tied up in travel credits.

Where I live, it's not possible to get PCR results in written form in time to apply for the Bermuda Travel Authorisation -- drugstore tests using private labs don't come back quickly enough (I'm currently waiting for the result of a test drawn 71 hours ago). Hospital tests using the state lab come back within 36 hours but there is nothing in writing; results are given only by phone.

And then there's the re-test upon arrival in Bermuda, so the first day in port seems to be shot, and I question whether Bermuda has the capacity to process thousands of tests in 24 hours, so I wouldn't be confident about the second day.

I cancelled because of the uncertainty with test timing results. Hope springs eternal the future will improve and the "4 days before" rule will be eased. At least the Bahamas gives 5 days!!!!!

The testing doesn't seem onerous for people who live near a CVS or Walgreens, both of which do PCR testing for free with emailed results within 48 hours. But I can see how, if you don't have access to either of those options, it could be a lot harder to track down a source of testing that has a fast enough turn around and provides electronic results.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The testing doesn't seem onerous for people who live near a CVS or Walgreens, both of which do PCR testing for free with emailed results within 48 hours. But I can see how, if you don't have access to either of those options, it could be a lot harder to track down a source of testing that has a fast enough turn around and provides electronic results.

I'm on same cruise as you. Is that 48 hour turn time for the Rapid or Regular PCR test ?

3 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

I'm on same cruise as you. Is that 48 hour turn time for the Rapid or Regular PCR test ?

I am not sure, the CVS site says "Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)", if that means anything to you? I had the same test at Walgreens a couple of weeks ago and got my results right at the 48 hour mark. I am scheduled to have the test at CVS on Wednesday the 1st in advance of my trip to Canada on the 3rd. We are getting our tests first thing when they open on the 1st (10:00 am) and hope to have plenty of time to receive our results before we drive over the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge in the late evening on the 3rd.

all of the cvs near me is only doing the Rapid-result test (antigen). for those cvs that is doing a PCR test it says a drive thru test and a vehicle is required

it seems to the antigen seems to be the most test when i checked other places in my area

2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

all of the cvs near me is only doing the Rapid-result test (antigen). for those cvs that is doing a PCR test it says a drive thru test and a vehicle is required

it seems to the antigen seems to be the most test when i checked other places in my area

Unfortunately I don't think Bermuda is accepting the Antigen test. Many of the "walk-in" doctors said they are out of the rapid PCR tests. I'm afraid the regular PCR results wont be back in time. Many of the Walgreens seem to offer the rapid PCR. I plan on booking an appointment there. Anyone know how far in advance we can reserve online ?

20 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am not sure, the CVS site says "Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)", if that means anything to you? I had the same test at Walgreens a couple of weeks ago and got my results right at the 48 hour mark. I am scheduled to have the test at CVS on Wednesday the 1st in advance of my trip to Canada on the 3rd. We are getting our tests first thing when they open on the 1st (10:00 am) and hope to have plenty of time to receive our results before we drive over the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge in the late evening on the 3rd.

Thanks for the quick response. Planning on rapid PCR at Walgreens. Plenty of stores on long island. 

8 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Unfortunately I don't think Bermuda is accepting the Antigen test. Many of the "walk-in" doctors said they are out of the rapid PCR tests. I'm afraid the regular PCR results wont be back in time. Many of the Walgreens seem to offer the rapid PCR. I plan on booking an appointment there. Anyone know how far in advance we can reserve online ?

CVS will let you book two weeks out. Walgreens will only let you book two days out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Its all the same test. And the thing is that even if you make the test yourself and bring it with you, they will still make you take their own test. Its very frustrating