Cheers package - Is the 15 drink limit inclusive of all types of beverages?

kwokpot

Quick question on the Cheers package. Does the 15 drink per day limit count all types of beverages together? Or does the limit only apply to alcoholic beverages? TIA!

Edited by kwokpot

Just now, kwokpot said:

Quick question on the Cheers package. Does the 15 drink per day limit count all types of beverages together? Or does the limit only appt to alcoholic beverages? TIA!

Alcoholic only.  Non alcoholic is unlimited

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

I wonder if you hit 15 alcoholic beverages...does it cut off others as well?  That would seem really dumb, but I would not be surprised.

What others?  Why would they cut off someone else who hadnt reached their limit. You afraid a cabin mate would sneak someone a drink .. I'm sure it happens. Just dont get caught.

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What others?  Why would they cut off someone else who hadnt reached their limit. You afraid a cabin mate would sneak someone a drink .. I'm sure it happens. Just dont get caught.

You are not understanding the response.

They wanted to know if they cut off the non alcoholic drinks such as coffee etc after the 15 drink limit was reached

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don Kehote said:

I wonder if you hit 15 alcoholic beverages...does it cut off others as well?  That would seem really dumb, but I would not be surprised.

Only if you have a siamese twin would he or she be cut off since they could be sharing your liver.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

You are not understanding the response.

They wanted to know if they cut off the non alcoholic drinks such as coffee etc after the 15 drink limit was reached

This is correct.  Sorry I wasn't clear, day job was taking most of my attention.

So, more eloquently put:  Can I be sure that after slamming 15 beers (can't be drunk all day if you don't start early), someone on staff won't get overzealous and say, "sorry, you've had 15 alcoholic drinks already. No Powerade for you?"  Once you reach 15 alcoholic drinks, is CHEERS turned off altogether, or only the boozy side of it?  Can anyone attest to that from experience? 

Sure, there's lemonade and water available in the buffet, but post bacchanalia...I'd like some electrolytes (they're what plants crave).

• Haha 2

I think this is clearly stated in the FAQs about cheers.  Non alcoholic beverages such as coffee, bottled water, soda are unlimited.  Once you reach 15 beers or other alcohol, then you will be allowed to order any number of other beverages.  

Not a big drinker, so I plan on starting with a couple of specialty coffees in the morning, then have a couple of cocktails or bottled water or canned soda, then in the evening a pre dinner cocktail, wine with dinner & maybe a few after dinner drinks- some alcohol & some not.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I think this is clearly stated in the FAQs about cheers.  Non alcoholic beverages such as coffee, bottled water, soda are unlimited.  Once you reach 15 beers or other alcohol, then you will be allowed to order any number of other beverages.  

I mostly agree, but I'm still unsure.  The FAQ doesn't specifically state the bolded part.  It seems reasonable that it would be the case, but it's not really defined well.  It DOES state "15 alcoholic Beverages Limit", which is positive, but I can't find anything that says that you can still go bananas on Pepsi.  

I know I'm being hyper-critical on this.  I came up in an environment where rules were very detailed and specific.  Completely pass/fail.  I hate myself a little bit for it, but I still seek that kind of order these days.

• Haha 1

The 15 drink limit doesn't only apply to the Cheers program. They have the discretion to cut anyone off at 15 drinks. It's a hard limit on Cheers since you aren't allowed to share drinks. It's more flexible without Cheers because they try to take into account that you may be buying drinks for multiple people. 

12 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

I mostly agree, but I'm still unsure.  The FAQ doesn't specifically state the bolded part.  It seems reasonable that it would be the case, but it's not really defined well.  It DOES state "15 alcoholic Beverages Limit", which is positive, but I can't find anything that says that you can still go bananas on Pepsi.  

I know I'm being hyper-critical on this.  I came up in an environment where rules were very detailed and specific.  Completely pass/fail.  I hate myself a little bit for it, but I still seek that kind of order these days.

You are indeed being paranoid.

You get unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, period.

You get 15 alcoholic drinks, period.  (Unless you order "for a friend", lol.)

On 8/20/2021 at 6:13 PM, Don Kehote said:

This is correct.  Sorry I wasn't clear, day job was taking most of my attention.

So, more eloquently put:  Can I be sure that after slamming 15 beers (can't be drunk all day if you don't start early), someone on staff won't get overzealous and say, "sorry, you've had 15 alcoholic drinks already. No Powerade for you?"  Once you reach 15 alcoholic drinks, is CHEERS turned off altogether, or only the boozy side of it?  Can anyone attest to that from experience? 

Sure, there's lemonade and water available in the buffet, but post bacchanalia...I'd like some electrolytes (they're what plants crave).

I can attest to that! Our bartender at the lobby bar held up 2 fingers ( yes I knew exactly what see meant). After the 14th drink again got the notice ( 1 finger with a little grin.)

Told her great after 5 minutes just throw another shot in my drink and I’m finished.