Princess Plus with only 1 smart phone / device for 2 people?

debsjc

We have Princess Plus on our upcoming cruise. I have a smartphone, but my mum doesn't have one (or any other app device)
I know using the app it's possible to order a drink, but I think just 1 per person at a time, on Princess Plus.
Does this mean we won't be able to use the app to order 2 drinks on 1 device? 

12 minutes ago, debsjc said:

We have Princess Plus on our upcoming cruise. I have a smartphone, but my mum doesn't have one (or any other app device)
I know using the app it's possible to order a drink, but I think just 1 per person at a time, on Princess Plus.
Does this mean we won't be able to use the app to order 2 drinks on 1 device? 

Wondered the same thing if ordering via the appl. Of course using our separate medallions at bars should work fine.

I go on cruises to get away from my cell phone....  I use it in port, I use it to take pictures, and that's it.  I've never been on a Princess ship before, so I'm definitely wonder how these medallions work and why we need our cell phones....

14 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Log out of the app for your account and log back in with mom’s account. Don’t need two devices.

Not a convenient process. Princess needs to fix this issue as it is a common occurrence. 

• Like 1

Just got off regal and this was my pet peeve, you can only order drinks for the person logged in so even though we both had Princess plus we just ordered our drinks off the people walking round, or it states no bar service but you can go up to the stools by the bar and order them, my husband didn’t have the medallion app so this was the easiest way for us to work things out, some asked for your cabin number others had you tap your medallion then ordered the drinks so we never had any discrepancies with our bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Not a convenient process. Princess needs to fix this issue as it is a common occurrence. 

That's what I was thinking. it's a bit of a pain to be forever logging in and out!

1 hour ago, Stokie33 said:

Just got off regal and this was my pet peeve, you can only order drinks for the person logged in so even though we both had Princess plus we just ordered our drinks off the people walking round, or it states no bar service but you can go up to the stools by the bar and order them, my husband didn’t have the medallion app so this was the easiest way for us to work things out, some asked for your cabin number others had you tap your medallion then ordered the drinks so we never had any discrepancies with our bill

Thanks for the info, did you try ordering food or drinks from your in room TV at all? 

13 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Log out of the app for your account and log back in with mom’s account. Don’t need two devices.

And this usually results in two separate deliveries by two different waitstaff.

9 hours ago, debsjc said:

Thanks for the info, did you try ordering food or drinks from your in room TV at all? 

I got banned from using the tv after ordering 3 cocktails by mistake after a few drinks lol, it was really easy to use, the only advice I can give you is if you order via the app make sure your Bluetooth is switched on as I found the location didn’t work otherwise. Loads of people ordered via both the app and tv and didn’t have any issues 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stokie33 said:

I got banned from using the tv after ordering 3 cocktails by mistake after a few drinks lol, it was really easy to use, the only advice I can give you is if you order via the app make sure your Bluetooth is switched on as I found the location didn’t work otherwise. Loads of people ordered via both the app and tv and didn’t have any issues 

Are you allowed to order 2 drinks from the TV, one each? 

Did you run into any people that did not have the app on their smart phone?     When I tried to download the app, a message popped up saying I needed iOS 13.0 to download and use it.    I have deleted every app I don't use and also hundreds of pictures.  We have older smart phones that work great for us.  Until they die, we have not plans to spend a small mint on a new one that we only use for calls, texting and a few apps.   Our cell bill is too high the way it is and will not purchase more  just to use that app.    I do not want to carry my phone around on the ship - we lock them in the safe - we are on vacation!!!!

Is there any way to put it on our tablets so we can put our info in and do other required stuff?   We were on several cruises prior to covid where the medallion was used.  We used our card - I hated carrying that bulky thing around and will not wear it around my next or wear it as a watch.

3 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Is there any way to put it on our tablets so we can put our info in and do other required stuff?   We were on several cruises prior to covid where the medallion was used.  We used our card - I hated carrying that bulky thing around and will not wear it around my next or wear it as a watch.

You don’t mention what type of tablet you have but  the App is available from the App Store ( for IPads running IOS 13 or above) and Google Play for android devices. When you pull up the apps you should be able to see if your device is supported. 

I got the airtag holders that someone mentioned on here they were £8.99 from Amazon and they worked a treat, we took the medallions out of the lanyards and put them into these and then they had a little metal clip that you could attach to a belt loop, so much easier and not on show. I’d reserved the afternoon tea but they just let everybody in didn’t check that you had a reservation and I think they weren’t checking for the theatre as well as they kept announcing it was first come first served for the theatre.  I didn’t use the app once on board I just asked the waiters for drinks most asked for a cabin number, occasionally we had to tap the medallion, and if we wanted food we went and got it, so it is possible to be on board and not carry your phone around.

You can download the medallion app to a tablet and upload all of your info, I couldn’t as every time I tried it deleted my hubby’s info and only retained mine, hopefully it’s working better now.

At the docks we never had to show the app they checked passports and vaccination letter at the COVID check and passports as you entered the terminal, you then waited for your results and went to the blue lane if info was missing or the green lane if all info was on there.

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

You don’t mention what type of tablet you have but  the App is available from the App Store ( for IPads running IOS 13 or above) and Google Play for android devices. When you pull up the apps you should be able to see if your device is supported. 

Mine is a Samsung tablet - I have had it for years so doubt if it is running 13.   Our other one is a IPAD Air - whatever that is.    Mine was not supported of it.  I will play with the Ipad.   Thanks.   I was on hold for 50 minutes to the Ocean support.   Then someone from reservations picked up.   Sounds like they are getting a ton of calls from people not happy with this new technology. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, K.T.B. said:

I go on cruises to get away from my cell phone....  I use it in port, I use it to take pictures, and that's it.  I've never been on a Princess ship before, so I'm definitely wonder how these medallions work and why we need our cell phones....

You only need your phone and the app to fill in information required before sailing. After that use is optional. you can lock up your phone and just use the medallion like the cruise card. The app does have some features that many find useful. Keep your phone on airplane mode and you won't be bothered by calls or texts if you decide to use other features of the app while onboard.

1 hour ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Mine is a Samsung tablet - I have had it for years so doubt if it is running 13.   Our other one is a IPAD Air - whatever that is.    Mine was not supported of it.  I will play with the Ipad.   Thanks.   I was on hold for 50 minutes to the Ocean support.   Then someone from reservations picked up.   Sounds like they are getting a ton of calls from people not happy with this new technology. 

to see what version your iPad Air is running go to “settings” , scroll down and click “general”  then click on “about” .  This will show you what software version you are running,   The highest version the original IPad Air can run is 12.5.  MedallionClass needs iOS13 or above.

you can also use your iPad to visit the App Store and when you pull up the MedallionClass app it should say under information whether the app is compatible with the iPad you are using.

Hope this is helpful 

50 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

I don't want that darn medallion hanging around my next or on my wrist.    Give me a key card!!!!!

Inside the holder it is just about the same size as the card and functions like one.

16 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

to see what version your iPad Air is running go to “settings” , scroll down and click “general”  then click on “about” .  This will show you what software version you are running,   The highest version the original IPad Air can run is 12.5.  MedallionClass needs iOS13 or above.

you can also use your iPad to visit the App Store and when you pull up the MedallionClass app it should say under information whether the app is compatible with the iPad you are using.

Hope this is helpful 

WOW, I could use you around here all the time.    It says the software version is 14.7.1.

Thanks