LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

Is this the elusive key lime pie dessert that @geoherb mentioned? It was at the International Cafe today and it was tasty! 

I'm a noob cruiser here and made a fool of myself tonight trying to sneak off with a creme brulee from the MDR 🤦‍♀️ 

I hope I didn't get our lovely server in trouble with the failed great creme brulee heist of 2021... 

PXL_20210901_024541077.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

I just ordered a French Martini and had it delivered to my cabin. Took about 15 minutes to get it. So to answer your question…..yes you can use your drink package to get cocktails delivered to your room!🍸🤪

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what teamwork looks like!

Well done, @KLM3164!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, caribill said:

Was it listed on the menu as pie? If so I would have been very disappointed be served that pudding.

Yes it was listed as pie but there was no graham cracker crust. @geoherb reported on it last week so I knew it was going to be key lime pudding. I just wanted to give it a try myself and it was ok but nothing to write home about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KLM3164 said:

Yes it was listed as pie but there was no graham cracker crust. @geoherb reported on it last week so I knew it was going to be key lime pudding. I just wanted to give it a try myself and it was ok but nothing to write home about.

geoherb reported on what he received from room service. I was hoping the dining room would have served real key lime pie.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

geoherb reported on what he received from room service. I was hoping the dining room would have served real key lime pie.

What I ordered was also from room service. I haven’t seen key lime pie yet on the dining room menu.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

2 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

What I ordered was also from room service. I haven’t seen key lime pie yet on the dining room menu.

2 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

The only key lime I like is the martini.  
They used to make it at Crooner’s, but no Crooner’s onboard. 

@caribill the dessert pictured above with LBD is a banana/chocolate mousse And tge texture and taste was far superior to the LBD.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ilovebananas said:

Are the karaoke suites still closed? Or any info about them would be appreciated!

I was just thinking about that the other day.  I kind of understood there being no.karaoke in the beginning before they started requiring tests and masks. But since those protocols are now in place as it seems that restrictions on things like karaoke and the behind-the-scenes ship tours should be allowed now.

38 minutes ago, wondertwinsmom said:

I was just thinking about that the other day.  I kind of understood there being no.karaoke in the beginning before they started requiring tests and masks. But since those protocols are now in place as it seems that restrictions on things like karaoke and the behind-the-scenes ship tours should be allowed now.

Those karaoke suites are private rooms as I understood it and people would potentially use them on their own.  With Majestic out of Asian market, perhaps they will be changed out?  The karaoke that was cancelled was the former venue situation with multiple singers and audience.  I imagine they were stopping the public singing.

8 hours ago, HeloAthena said:

Is this the elusive key lime pie dessert that @geoherb mentioned? It was at the International Cafe today and it was tasty! 

I'm a noob cruiser here and made a fool of myself tonight trying to sneak off with a creme brulee from the MDR 🤦‍♀️ 

I hope I didn't get our lovely server in trouble with the failed great creme brulee heist of 2021... 

PXL_20210901_024541077.jpg

Now THAT looks like key lime. Key lime is supposed to be a pale greenish color. The supposed key lime they're passing of on the room service menu is way too yellow.

BTW: sometimes (maybe) (YMMV) if you ask for an item to be delivered to your stateroom...

We've been successful once.

2 hours ago, Turk1 said:

Question on those with the Drink Package. If my DW and I both have the package,  is there a "link" between the two or will each of us need to have the drinks (cocktails and/or coffee) scanned to our own Medallions?

There isn’t a link on our cruise this week. I ordered 2 lattes in the app this morning and was charged for one of them. So you need to each order your own drinks if you don’t want to be charged. Hopefully Princess will link them in the future so you can order a drink for you and your partner.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KLM3164 said:

I checked at guest services this morning and the karaoke suites are still closed…..COVID protocol.

When we were on the Majestic in October 2019 sailing out of Sydney, the karaoke suites were turned into sort of an internet cafe.  And now they are just plain closed.  I do wonder what Princess will do with them in the long run.  Maybe turn them back into spa treatment rooms?

• Like 1