Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

21 minutes ago, brockmom said:

We have enjoyed the Cherry Pie…..( seriously the wine lol)

it is also a Pinot…

please feel free to try….but please save some for us in November lol

cheers

Brockmom

That is probably the same one.  I'll be back on board at the end of November so I'll save some for you if you save some for me.  😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

That is probably the same one.  I'll be back on board at the end of November so I'll save some for you if you save some for me.  😉

I found the Cherry Tart Pino in the by the glass MDR menu, nor sure if it is available in Luminae but I will find out. We had a nice Pino Gris from Elk Grove winery in Oregon by the glass $14 for lunch in Luminae today.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I found the Cherry Tart Pino in the by the glass MDR menu, nor sure if it is available in Luminae but I will find out. We had a nice Pino Gris from Elk Grove winery in Oregon by the glass $14 for lunch in Luminae today.

Thanks for the warning about the entree. It appears that we have similar taste in wines. I hope you’ll leave me a few glasses of the good ones. OK maybe more than a few😂 

2 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Terry. Sorry you are having wifi trouble. Just post what you can. What ever we can get is a plus.

We were on August 1 and wi fi horrible. Never had that problem before with Celebrity. They are making us purchase the better package

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Last night dinner in Luminae was unimpressive terrible choices of Entrees.  So I tried the Daniel Baulud Signature Moroccan chicken and if this is his Signature dish I can't see how his restaurant stays in business,  it was dried tasteless over cooked chicken and the first real dinning miss so far.

I will have to agree with you on the Signature Moroccan Chicken.   Defiantly wasn't pleasant to my pallet.  I think it was the spices.    I also tired the Jerk Chicken and had to send it back and select something different....

Having said that the Boulud  special desert on the bottom is definitely worth a try.   That  one he knocked out of the park.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I will have to agree with you on the Signature Moroccan Chicken.   Defiantly wasn't pltgeasant to my pallet.  I think it was the spices.    I also tired the Jerk Chicken and had to send it back and select something different....

Having said that the Boulud  special desert on the bottom is definitely worth a try.   That  one he knocked out of the park.  

The sauce was fine, but the chicken breast was very over cooked which left it dry and tasteless. This is an error many chefs are guilty of doing. It was the worst meal so far. Today for lunch I had the Luminae Signature burger and it is a home run, cooked medium rare and it had so much flavor. 

• Like 1

This afternoon the WiFi is working much better, maybe we are better positioned with the satellite. 

Here is an example of the kind of awesome service we are getting on the ship. The Martini bar doesn't open until 4pm, my wife and I were walking by it at 3pm and the bartender was in the middle of setting up the bar and I asked what time he opened and he said 4:00. He then said but if you want something now it would be his pleasure to serve us so we got two great martinis. This had nothing to do with us being in the Retreat as he had no clue about our cabin class. This is the attitude I am finding all over the ship from this great cruise.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This afternoon the WiFi is working much better, maybe we are better positioned with the satellite. 

Here is an example of the kind of awesome service we are getting on the ship. The Martini bar doesn't open until 4pm, my wife and I were walking by it at 3pm and the bartender was in the middle of setting up the bar and I asked what time he opened and he said 4:00. He then said but if you want something now it would be his pleasure to serve us so we got two great martinis. This had nothing to do with us being in the Retreat as he had no clue about our cabin class. This is the attitude I am finding all over the ship from this great cruise.

How cool is that!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The sauce was fine, but the chicken breast was very over cooked which left it dry and tasteless. This is an error many chefs are guilty of doing. It was the worst meal so far. Today for lunch I had the Luminae Signature burger and it is a home run, cooked medium rare and it had so much flavor. 

Interesting - we didn't have the Boulud items on our menu at all.  

Also, I wasn't a fan of the Luminae burger. because it was too big a burger.  Throughout our cruise, they cut it in half horizontally for us every time.  (I think my sister had it eery day Luminae was open).  They called it butterflying the burger. 

14 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Interesting - we didn't have the Boulud items on our menu at all.  

Also, I wasn't a fan of the Luminae burger. because it was too big a burger.  Throughout our cruise, they cut it in half horizontally for us every time.  (I think my sister had it eery day Luminae was open).  They called it butterflying the burger. 

Abby --- They are at the very bottom of every nights menu in Luminea.     Easy to miss unless your looking for it.

I love the burger but usually cut it in half and only eat half otherwise I can't eat dinner.     Having said that Hamburgers are my favorite thing to eat.   Love 5 Guys.

F76B6AAA-5A4D-4066-9304-FEE124489795.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

i am sitting in the Martini bar and just asked  the answer is YES. Black  Red and White

Something I have NOT seen in the list for quite some time is any sort of Irish Whiskey - not even your basic Jameson.  I assume that's just a shortcoming of the list, and that they really are serving one or more?

My wife and I were on the Equinox the last week of July. I think that was the first Equinox sailing this year. It was fantastic. The entire crew was so happy to be back at work. It felt very safe. They had us all wear tracer bracelets (they called them tracelets) to know who we were in close contact. Are they still using them?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Abby --- They are at the very bottom of every nights menu in Luminea.     Easy to miss unless your looking for it.

I love the burger but usually cut it in half and only eat half otherwise I can't eat dinner.     Having said that Hamburgers are my favorite thing to eat.   Love 5 Guys.

F76B6AAA-5A4D-4066-9304-FEE124489795.jpeg

Not there on the Summit as of a month ago.  I would have noticed it as I would have ordered the dessert at least once.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I found the Cherry Tart Pino in the by the glass MDR menu, nor sure if it is available in Luminae but I will find out...

Make friends with your Sommelier and you'll be amazed at what he can get for you in Luninae 🙂

We had 14 delightful days exploring the wine cellars with ours in Luminae during the trip from HK to Singapore before all the pandemic kicked off.

90% of it was all within the Premium package and some how the other 10% never appeared on the bill...

Edited by Mark_T

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Not there on the Summit as of a month ago.  I would have noticed it as I would have ordered the dessert at least once.

Interesting that they didn't have it on Summit.    I just looked on the Celebrity App for my upcoming cruises and they even show it on the Luminae dinner menus.     I couldn't check Summit as they currently aren't showing any menus.  

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting that they didn't have it on Summit.    I just looked on the Celebrity App for my upcoming cruises and they even show it on the Luminae dinner menus.     I couldn't check Summit as they currently aren't showing any menus.  

We just booked the Summit for November (to see our amazing staff) so as soon as it populates in my app, I'll let you know.

Sorry to read about the disappointment with the Moroccan chicken.  I was looking forward to trying that one.  Rack of lamb will be a fine substitute.  Thanks again again Terry for taking us along.  And thanks in advance Jim for taking the baton.  I recall an amazing candy cart in Luminae on Silhouette several years ago.  Does Equinox have this on board?

12 hours ago, canderson said:

Something I have NOT seen in the list for quite some time is any sort of Irish Whiskey - not even your basic Jameson.  I assume that's just a shortcoming of the list, and that they really are serving one or more?

At the Martini bar a saw a bottle of Jameson but I will ask today if the have others.

9 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry to read about the disappointment with the Moroccan chicken.  I was looking forward to trying that one.  Rack of lamb will be a fine substitute.  Thanks again again Terry for taking us along.  And thanks in advance Jim for taking the baton.  I recall an amazing candy cart in Luminae on Silhouette several years ago.  Does Equinox have this on board?

Yes they had a candy and cookie cart Sunday but not last night.

6 hours ago, sn2792 said:

I had the Moroccan chicken on a previous Equinox cruise and I liked it. You still need chefs to prepare it properly.

So true, no matter the dish it still has to be done correctly. 

Last night Dianne had the prosciutto wrapped stuffed chicken breast and she said it was very good and moist. I had the citrus and Chilli braised short ribs and they were delicious our waiter said they are braised for 12 hours and the sauce was so good I wanted to lick the plate.