Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

14 minutes ago, phissy said:

There is a coffee maker in room but, we always did the complementary room service breakfast. ( continental breakfast) 

Nice to have carafe of coffee in the morning.

There should be room service card that says complementary breakfast.

Ordered coffee and decaf for 2 . We drink half caff.

also, pastries, cereal and milk and juices. 

Perfect! Thank you Pat!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Looks like not many upgrades this week, usually by each week their have been several upgrades for the coming weekend, must be because this upcoming week is holiday so the ships must be sailing full or at covid capacity.

I still have 3 pending and I can still make an offer. We leave Saturday, not sure if this is usual or not. I’m assuming that tomorrow I see expired or the upgrade goes through but it’s right down to the wire. It has been strangely quiet on here though. Usually you hear people comment yes or no. 

It is a good morning!  I just received THE email that my bid for an upgrade was accepted (surprisingly 8 days in advance).  I bid the absolute minimum to move from an oceanview to a club balcony for the April 23 Bliss cruise to Alaska.  A very nice Easter treat 😀

• Like 6

Just got upgraded to a club balcony from an Oceanview for the 7-day cruise on Escape that leaves Saturday. Is the sparkling wine you receive in the room for everyone is a club balcony suite or does it depend on your latitudes level? Thanks! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

Just got upgraded to a club balcony from an Oceanview for the 7-day cruise on Escape that leaves Saturday. Is the sparkling wine you receive in the room for everyone is a club balcony suite or does it depend on your latitudes level? Thanks! 

Sparkling wine is no longer a latitudes perk.

52 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

One bottle per cabin for Club Balcony Suite.
Latitudes members no longer receive a bottle sparkling wine in cabin as perk. Removed this year along with internet minutes.

6 hours ago, Krazy Kat said:

It is a good morning!  I just received THE email that my bid for an upgrade was accepted (surprisingly 8 days in advance).  I bid the absolute minimum to move from an oceanview to a club balcony for the April 23 Bliss cruise to Alaska.  A very nice Easter treat 😀

Congrats on upgrade. Balcony is excellent upgrade for Alaska .
You will be on the first NCL cruise to Alaska , out of Seattle, this season.  
Seattle will be happy to see cruise ships in harbor again.

We sail the next week ( April30).  Many in our CC group are waiting for upgrade news. Many cabins available so, looks like good chance.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

I am trying to decide if I should bid on a club balcony suite (from regular balcony) or catch them closer with a sale and see if I can upgrade next to nothing. Its a $50 poor bid right now, but I am in a room next to my friends, so I would down if we both bid. We both want to stay next to each other. I have no clue how to upgrade without paying too much. Few days ago a Club Balcony looked less than what I paid. We sail May 15th for Alaska on the Encore.

9 minutes ago, Katarae said:

I am trying to decide if I should bid on a club balcony suite (from regular balcony) or catch them closer with a sale and see if I can upgrade next to nothing. Its a $50 poor bid right now, but I am in a room next to my friends, so I would down if we both bid. We both want to stay next to each other. I have no clue how to upgrade without paying too much. Few days ago a Club Balcony looked less than what I paid. We sail May 15th for Alaska on the Encore.

Chances are slim to none that bidding would get you and your friends adjoining rooms.  And you won't get an upgrade if the room you want costs less than what you paid.  At this point you might get some FCC but that's about it.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Chances are slim to none that bidding would get you and your friends adjoining rooms.  And you won't get an upgrade if the room you want costs less than what you paid.  At this point you might get some FCC but that's about it.

I'd be ok paying a bit more for an upgrade, but I wouldn't want to pay more than a bid

6 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

I wouldn’t get to excited about the bottle of Sparkling Wine. We normally just gave it to someone. It’s worst than Baby Duck, which is bad enough. Put in a few extra $$ to buy a bottle of Champagne(not sparkling wine) at a store. and bring it on board with you, you’ll be much happier. 

Edited by pamps2801

16 hours ago, Katarae said:

We are going back and forth with the same - should we bid on a Club Balcony?  We like the cabins but we have a balcony on deck 9 - mid to forward near the stairs.  We booked that cabin because we know we spend a lot of time on deck 8/Waterfront/District Brew House, no wait for elevators being close to the stairs.  So we put a bid on Haven suites only as we figure Haven access may make it worth being further away from deck 8 - LoL!   Fingers crossed we get a Aft-Haven on a lower deck! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:10 AM, Krazy Kat said:

When were invitations to bid sent out for you? I’m 35 days out on my Encore Alaska cruise and no email yet! I get nothing when I put in my information on the website as well. 

9 minutes ago, lhs2011 said:

When were invitations to bid sent out for you? I’m 35 days out on my Encore Alaska cruise and no email yet! I get nothing when I put in my information on the website as well. 

When you sign in you should look for the banner let’s get you upgraded.  Also, if you booked thru a travel agent a lot of them do not participate in upgrade advantage especially the big box ones

20 minutes ago, lhs2011 said:

I received my invitation to bid at about 65 days out.  Unfortunately, not everyone receives an upgrade bid invitation.

13 hours ago, Krazy Kat said:

I received my invitation to bid at about 65 days out.  Unfortunately, not everyone receives an upgrade bid invitation.

Thanks for the response! Did you book through NCL or travel agent? I booked through an agent. 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:28 PM, pamps2801 said:

I wouldn’t get to excited about the bottle of Sparkling Wine. We normally just gave it to someone. It’s worst than Baby Duck, which is bad enough. Put in a few extra $$ to buy a bottle of Champagne(not sparkling wine) at a store. and bring it on board with you, you’ll be much happier. 

I agree, we've had that sparkling wine several times prior, including on the Dawn in Feb. and though I don't pretend to be a connoisseur, I found it unpalatable.  If it's in our room on the Spirit to Alaska this August I won't even pop the cork.  Maybe others like it-different tastes perhaps.  My opinion.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, lhs2011 said:

We’re sailing Encore next month as well. I always get the upgrade offer on NCL.com, but never an email. Ironically, we did receive those nice heavy luggage tags.  Only problem?  They haven’t assigned our cabin yet so the tags just have our names and sail date.  Somebody didn’t think that one through.  🤣

• Haha 1