Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

10 hours ago, rbxlady said:

I just ran that through Google, and that’s just under $108USD at the current exchange rate. I thought that looked pretty good even at 1:1 AUD to USD, but wow, what a deal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes we're happy. Remember though  ship sailing at 40% capacity.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, mking8288 said:
spacer
Norwegian Cruise Line Upgrade
spacer Onboard Upgrades spacer

This email is to confirm that we have received your offer(s) to be upgraded on your upcoming cruise. While your offer has not been selected yet, you may still be selected for an upgrade by our onboard team.

Upgrades may be awarded at any time up until 0 hours prior to the sailing departure. Should your offer be selected for an onboard upgrade, your credit card will be automatically charged, and your stateroom will be reassigned. Please check your email up to 0 hours prior to the sailing departure to see if we were able to upgrade you.

If you no longer wish to be considered for an onboard upgrade, you may cancel your offer(s) through the link provided below up until 5 hours prior to the sailing departure, provided that your Offer has not already been accepted by Norwegian Cruise Line, and provided that your credit card has not been charged.

Your upcoming cruise

Reservation
Ship and Sail Date:

Summary of your offer(s):

Upgrade To Offer Total Offer  

modify / cancel (up until 24 hours before scheduled departure, or until your offer is accepted)

(Note: Prices shown are in US Dollars.)

What happens if I’m upgraded before my cruise?

• We will notify you via email and your credit card will be charged in your booking currency for the specific upgrade offer that is accepted.
  • When you log into My NCL you will see your new stateroom number, which has been assigned based on availability.

What happens if I'm upgraded on day of sailing?

• We will notify you via email and your credit card will be charged in your booking currency for the specific upgrade offer that is accepted. If the first payment attempt is declined, the upgrade amount will be automatically charged to your onboard account in USD, subject to the Foreign Exchange rate at that time.
  • You may stop by the Guest Services Desk to receive your updated stateroom number and pick up your new key card.

If you are not upgraded, you will keep the stateroom that you already have. You will not be billed for any additional amounts.

Good luck! Please remember that each offer on a stateroom is considered its own offer and is considered independently of one another. Only 1 offer will be accepted depending on availability and if you have submitted a winning bid.

Most bids are evaluated between 14 and 0 days before sailing. We'll notify you via email if your offer is accepted!

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.
Norwegian Cruise Line

This is what the "current" email from NCL looked like if there is still a chance that your submitted bid might be accepted until the day of embarkation (i.e. last minute cancellation, no-show, someone else (unfortunately, for whatever reasons) unable to cruise and get onboard for a sailing, etc.  

This, looks like, the decision(s) are made by the onboard NCL team - as stated above - and out of the hands of the "outside contractor/vendor" handling the bidding ... 

For this particular cruise / ship / date - it appeared Haven is sold out, but club "suites", balconies and oceanviews remained available for last minute acceptance.  

That's exactly the email I got the day before the Joy 9/6/22 cruise.  Something new as it used to be guest would know one way or the other 48 hours in advance.

When the whole check-in process, strawberries, letters, etc. all made to the "originally assigned" cabin, I didn't even give the upgrade a second thought.  Just happened to be in the cabin for a 2 pm knock on the door informing me I was moving to a balcony same deck 13!  Suitcase had been delivered but I hadn't unpacked.

The Group Services Coordinator had a small stack of "You've won upgrade - new cabin # -a/c charged" letters in her hand.  Implied that they had gotten the info and had "just processed" the upgrades (so didn't sound like a decision made by the onboard team).  So there were definitely other guests being informed embarkation day mid-afternoon.  

When I had MDR embarkation lunch my original card was swiped so these were indeed late surprises!  Not just the oddball no show, either!

So hang onto your hopes a little longer - you never know!

• Like 2

What do you folks mean by minimum bid? I got email yesterday about chance to upgrade from inside to a balcony from 125 per person. Is that the minimum bid? This is for the Pearl to  to Bermuda in November. Also it would be taking a chance on a less than desirable location, right? Thanks for any advice

5 hours ago, RBrowny said:

Just had an upgrade accepted for the Gem this weekend, from an inside to a balcony. Really happy with this!

Me too !  Got the email 30 minutes ago.  What a shock! and happy with the location as well.

If only the weather forecast would cooperate. 😞

• Like 2

I'm on the getaway 10/15.  I see there are still 148 balconies left, as well as 30 club balconies.  I put in a minimum (75/PP) bid to go from inside to balcony.  If I get it, great.  If no, will still have a great trip.  Last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago), they wanted over $500 to do the upgrade over the phone.  Maybe I'll call back in a week or so if I still see a lot of inventory on the website if see if I can just pay for the upgrade if the upgrade prices have come down

• Like 3

We are 100+ days out from sailing.  I had booked a BF guarantee cabin and received my cabin assignment 2 days after final payment for a cabin super-close to the District Brewhouse. A few days after that, I received an upgrade bid offer for a Club Balcony Suite. (I feel as if they gave me the worst cabin they could, as early as possible, and then immediately offered an upgrade). I don't think I want to bid.  If I ignore the offer, will other offers come my way closer to sail date? And if so, has anyone had better offers waiting?

10 minutes ago, mpcaruth said:

We are 100+ days out from sailing.  I had booked a BF guarantee cabin and received my cabin assignment 2 days after final payment for a cabin super-close to the District Brewhouse. A few days after that, I received an upgrade bid offer for a Club Balcony Suite. (I feel as if they gave me the worst cabin they could, as early as possible, and then immediately offered an upgrade). I don't think I want to bid.  If I ignore the offer, will other offers come my way closer to sail date? And if so, has anyone had better offers waiting?

It doesn’t Matter at 100 plus really if you big now or wait until lik 10 days or so before cruise since 95 percent at least or more of the bids are not processed until 3 to 5 business days before, all bidding right at 100 days plus is give them algorithms towards what average bids are at a certain point before sailing date,  occasionally it’s been reported that if it’s a slow sailing they do lower the minimum bids but again it’s only if they haven’t reached a certain quota Happy Sailing 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:20 AM, kacurl said:

What do you folks mean by minimum bid? I got email yesterday about chance to upgrade from inside to a balcony from 125 per person. Is that the minimum bid? This is for the Pearl to  to Bermuda in November. Also it would be taking a chance on a less than desirable location, right? Thanks for any advice

Yes that would be the minimum if you click on the link or email link it will bring you to the details and you can see minimum to maximum bid options Happy Sailing

3 hours ago, mpcaruth said:

The cabins on 8 forward are not a bad location. Unless you are directly adjacent or in the second cabin forward of the DBH, you might consider staying put. Very convenient location to 6 - 7 - 8 activities.  I'm staying on 8 forward of Food Republic on Joy next week.

5 minutes ago, JaynBNA said:

The cabins on 8 forward are not a bad location. Unless you are directly adjacent or in the second cabin forward of the DBH, you might consider staying put. Very convenient location to 6 - 7 - 8 activities.  I'm staying on 8 forward of Food Republic on Joy next week.

Uh oh... I am in the second cabin from DBH. I assume this is due to noise?  Any chance they would move my cabin forward a few if I called them?

49 minutes ago, mpcaruth said:

Uh oh... I am in the second cabin from DBH. I assume this is due to noise?  Any chance they would move my cabin forward a few if I called them?

I wouldn’t worry about it. I had the cabin directly next to DBH on the Escape and the only noise you heard was from the fire door directly outside your cabin that seals off the corridor from the DBH corridor. I loved the room as I could quickly look into the BDH from the balcony to see how busy it was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, qdog123 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. I had the cabin directly next to DBH on the Escape and the only noise you heard was from the fire door directly outside your cabin that seals off the corridor from the DBH corridor. I loved the room as I could quickly look into the BDH from the balcony to see how busy it was.

Good to know; I think I am going to keep this cabin.  I do like the idea of being close to the lower decks. 

• Like 1

I just lowered all my Haven Bids to minimum for my upcoming 14 night cruise. I just love the location of my aft cabin and already have 6 specialty dinners, vibe beach club, and sapphire perks so why add thousands more to my credit card for a potentially overcrowded Haven restaurant and a Breakaway courtyard with no view? I'm feeling at peace either way 🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

I just lowered all my Haven Bids to minimum for my upcoming 14 night cruise. I just love the location of my aft cabin and already have 6 specialty dinners, vibe beach club, and sapphire perks so why add thousands more to my credit card for a potentially overcrowded Haven restaurant and a Breakaway courtyard with no view? I'm feeling at peace either way 🙂

My wife and I have eaten in the Haven Restaurant many times for breakfast lunch and dinner. At the most its been 50% full

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have never seen it.

Yes.  I had a few go down on my Sept 26 sailing on the Jewel.  When I went on the site to check my bids it was in RED under that particular category.  It went down significant in a few categories, and I was able to budget the min bid.   

6 minutes ago, Fisical1 said:

Yes.  I had a few go down on my Sept 26 sailing on the Jewel.  When I went on the site to check my bids it was in RED under that particular category.  It went down significant in a few categories, and I was able to budget the min bid.   

Awesome thanks!

20 hours ago, KXZ1498 said:

Anyone know if the price of the minimum bids go down as we get closer to the sailing date?

Thanks

Occasionally they do but only in one or two categories - not across the board. They send out an email telling you. It has the old minimum crossed out and then shows the new minimum to entice more bids. But it isn't common. 

Edited by peg013
  • Like 1