ELITE?ELITE PLUS DISCOUNTS

waltlin37

After many cruises at elite and upgrading the drink package I just came to realize I never received the 10% discount after almost an hour on the phone I was told it should of shown up and here is the rub as a non refundable onboard cruise credit!!! The same goes true for the specialty dinning discount. So my thought is how would anyone feel if going to any store in the mall and you saw a 50% off sign and they told you it is only in a store credit, I don't think most people would be ok with that. So don't work so hard to move up in the captains club for thought it's a gimmick. The last three cruise no welcome back party (COVID) but they had a concierge party with about a 100 people on the  Aug Equinox sailing at. Sorry  this policy is wrong in my opinion.

I had a different experience.  I called to upgrade both beverage & wi-fi.  The 10% and :35% are were applied  

No problem   You need to call to upgrade with the discounts.

The 10% on upgrades is new since the start of AI

Edited by jelayne

1 hour ago, waltlin37 said:

After many cruises at elite and upgrading the drink package I just came to realize I never received the 10% discount after almost an hour on the phone I was told it should of shown up and here is the rub as a non refundable onboard cruise credit!!! The same goes true for the specialty dinning discount. So my thought is how would anyone feel if going to any store in the mall and you saw a 50% off sign and they told you it is only in a store credit, I don't think most people would be ok with that. So don't work so hard to move up in the captains club for thought it's a gimmick. The last three cruise no welcome back party (COVID) but they had a concierge party with about a 100 people on the  Aug Equinox sailing at. Sorry  this policy is wrong in my opinion.

Agree with you.  We have many stores that use this technique. Menard which is a Haredware Store. 11% off everything. You fill out a form to request the 11% and mail it in.  Then in the mail you get your coupon that you must use at their store.

Burn you once NOT again. LOL

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

had a different experience.  I called to upgrade both beverage & wi-fi.  The 10% and :35% are were applied  

No problem   You need to call to upgrade with the discounts.

The 10% on upgrades is new since the start of AI

did they charge you the discounted price or a credit?

this was as of today 9/2/21

I did call 2 different times was told the same thing pay full price and the you receive the discount as a onboard ship credit NON REFUNDABLE!!!!

19 minutes ago, waltlin37 said:

did they charge you the discounted price or a credit?

this was as of today 9/2/21

I did call 2 different times was told the same thing pay full price and the you receive the discount as a onboard ship credit NON REFUNDABLE!!!!

Does this apply to an already booked cruise?  or only those booked today?

The discount was applied before I paid.  The $12 per day beverage package upgrade was reduced to $10.80

anx the Internet upgrade price of $18 per day was reduced to $11.70.  
There have been a number of posts of people getting the discount off the price, this is the first report of being charged and getting the discount as OBC

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Does this apply to an already booked cruise?  or only those booked today?

The discounts are based on Captains Club level and apply  to any cruise.

Edited by jelayne

4 hours ago, waltlin37 said:

Are you saying that you previously paid for the drink package upgrade and are now trying to get a discount applied retroactively?   If yes, when did you pay for the upgrade?  Perhaps the OBC is just the refund/ adjustment portion.  If not too late, perhaps you can just cancel the upgrade for a full refund and then call the Captain Club to upgrade at the discounted rate after you get the refund.

I did not realize that you could apply the Specialty restaurant discount to advanced reservations.  I have used that discount when on board and it did not involve an OBC.  Actually the discounted Specialty charge was paid with OBC already on my account.

I upgraded the drinks package after final payment a couple of weeks ago by calling in. They couldn't get the 10% discount to work so they upgraded at the full $12 price and gave me OBC to cover the difference between $10.80 per day and $12.

39 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I upgraded the drinks package after final payment a couple of weeks ago by calling in. They couldn't get the 10% discount to work so they upgraded at the full $12 price and gave me OBC to cover the difference between $10.80 per day and $12.

We  called and upgraded both drinks & wi-fi on 8/21 and the rep had no problem with applying the discounts.

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

We  called and upgraded both drinks & wi-fi on 8/21 and the rep had no problem with applying the discounts.

I guess the two people in the captains club I spoke with to upgrade where not trained well, but then they kept telling me they had to check with a supervisor!!!!! still no discount

43 minutes ago, waltlin37 said:

I guess the two people in the captains club I spoke with to upgrade where not trained well, but then they kept telling me they had to check with a supervisor!!!!! still no discount

When I called the Captains Club there was a menu option for Enhancements ( I think that was what it was called) apparently they do the upgrades, and other packages.  The Enhancement rep  knew exactly what I wanted and had no difficulty processing the upgrades with discounts applied.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:13 PM, jelayne said:

The discounts are based on Captains Club level and apply  to any cruise.

Elite plus level...but question is...will this discount apply to already booked cruises.  I don't see any discount on the excursion or dining pages.

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Elite plus level...but question is...will this discount apply to already booked cruises.  I don't see any discount on the excursion or dining pages.

The discounts being discussed are for upgrading the Classic beverage package to Premium and upgrading from surf wi-fi to stream; not dining or excursions.