HERE IT IS. TESTING 2 days before

RoePost

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

SDM

Thanks. Would you know whether these tests are ONLY for Ontario residents and require proof of residency? The testing isn't available here in the Democratic People's Republic of Quebec, but we have  many SDMs just over the border in Ontario within a 30 minute drive.

44 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

That's our thinking as well, our late November trip almost certainly won't happen if all this is still in place, particularly since we Canadians also have to test flying to and from the US. Q: Where in Canada can you get tested for $40-60 and are those tests acceptable to both Princess and Air Canada? Thx

Shoppers Drugmarts-rapid antigen test to fly to US & for ship. Also TO. Pearson airport in garage. Google them for locations 

you need molecular test done on ship to return to Canada 

also check time requirements for flights 

Edited by dog

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Since Princess has the free testing option at Quest Diagnostics, will Quest Diagnostics guarantee results within the two days? Will Quest Diagnostics testing be available 7 days a week?

That's my problem...our cruise sails on Jan. 4 '22. We'll need to find an available test on the New Year's weekend. Oh, glory. 😭😵

4 hours ago, dog said:

Shoppers Drugmarts-rapid antigen test to fly to US & for ship. Also TO. Pearson airport in garage. Google them for locations 

you need molecular test done on ship to return to Canada 

also check time requirements for flights 

Thx. No SDMs here in Quebec offer the tests, but there are a bunch just over the border in Ontario, maybe a 30 minute drive away, so we'll be checking them to see if we can get tested there. $40 sure bests the $150+ around here.

30 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

So, if I'm sailing on a Wednesday then I need to have the test on Monday (or later) to fall withing the time frame. Guess next week the CDC will say 1 day before. Most people in the US have lost all confidence in the CDC at this point.

Most people I talk to are glad we have the CDC to make us a healthier country. How can you come off saying something without any proof. I am glad we have all the watchdogs caring about our health and safety. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

I can always tell them I think I was exposed or complain of a scratchy throat.  

But will insurance pay for two tests on the same day?  It's only free to us because insurance or the state are picking up the tab. If insurance or the state doesn't pay you will be receiving a bill from the lab.

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

But will insurance pay for two tests on the same day?  It's only free to us because insurance or the state are picking up the tab. If insurance or the state doesn't pay you will be receiving a bill from the lab.

Insurance most likely won’t cover many  but the government program will pick it up.

The testing center I used multiple times submitted to my insurance and was denied and the gov’t program paid for them all (I live in Florida)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Since Princess has the free testing option at Quest Diagnostics, will Quest Diagnostics guarantee results within the two days? Will Quest Diagnostics testing be available 7 days a week?

My wife was just notified at work that the labs can no longer guarantee that the covid results for procedure patients will come back in time for the procedure. They just lowered it from 3 days to 2 days.  She said that there are going to be a lot of cancelations if the patients don't get the test done through the hospital test site.

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

Insurance most likely won’t cover many  but the government program will pick it up.

The testing center I used multiple times submitted to my insurance and was denied and the gov’t program paid for them all (I live in Florida)

But will they cover 2 in the same day? 

I woke up to the emails for my Sep 25 & Oct 31 cruises with "EMERGENCY NOTICE" on the header.  I knew what it would say.  I was able to go online and change my Quest lab PCR test appointment from Sep 22nd to Sep 23rd early morning.  I'm still planning on driving 80 miles to the closest CVS with the rapid test available once I get close enough to schedule it.  All the CVS and Walgreens around me are only offering the PCR test.  Two days is really cutting it close.  

16 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

Sorry, but we can all have our opinion of the situation. If I have offended anyone I am sorry. Just that we have so many different things coming from the CDC on a daily basis without them actually showing us the data to justify why the changes are made. Like 1 mask or 2. Safe outside or not. Booster or not. Just would like the CDC to perform the job they are there for as an independent organization.  That would increase my confidence in the information they are sending out. I am fully vaccinated and if a booster is require I will get that. Fully expect that we will need a covid shot every year like the flu shot.

I believe the surging cases of Delta and now they are looking at at third variant is the reason for change. They just started making us wear masks at work again.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I never tested at the same location on the same day. I did test at 2 different facilities on the same day and didn’t have an issue. 

They still submit the same insurance information. I'm sure your insurance carrier would pick up on two claims for the same person on the same day but I doubt the government would notice or even care for that matter.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

They still submit the same insurance information. I'm sure your insurance carrier would pick up on two claims for the same person on the same day but I doubt the government would notice or even care for that matter.

It’s not a big deal to test twice in the same day considering the percentage of error involved.

i wouldn’t worry about paying out of pocket if you are at a facility that is marketing themselves as free .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I believe the surging cases of Delta and now they are looking at at third variant is the reason for change. They just started making us wear masks at work again.  

Also, the EU just relabeled the US from a low-risk to high-risk nation, so some of these changes in Covid requirements is probably having a trickle effect on other cruises that cater to US citizens,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

That's our thinking as well, our late November trip almost certainly won't happen if all this is still in place, particularly since we Canadians also have to test flying to and from the US. Q: Where in Canada can you get tested for $40-60 and are those tests acceptable to both Princess and Air Canada? Thx

The $40+hst Antigen test from Shoppers Drug Mart will get you into the States and onto a Princess ship(just make sure it is within 2 days of sailing).  My local store said it wasn't even necessary to make an appointment (although I will be).

45 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Maybe they "did" but I think people have been abusing the testing and it will no longer be paid for unless a real reason......not travel.  IMO and also what is being reported. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Thx. No SDMs here in Quebec offer the tests, but there are a bunch just over the border in Ontario, maybe a 30 minute drive away, so we'll be checking them to see if we can get tested there. $40 sure bests the $150+ around here.

I suggest contacting them before driving there and check with your airline. I was referring to air Canada from Toronto. Quebec May be different 

4 hours ago, DebbieActon said:

The $40+hst Antigen test from Shoppers Drug Mart will get you into the States and onto a Princess ship(just make sure it is within 2 days of sailing).  My local store said it wasn't even necessary to make an appointment (although I will be).

Super, thanks very much. I checked the SDMs in all the small towns in far eastern Ontario nearest the Quebec border, and the SDM website says they all have testing available. We'll have to contact the specific store to confirm obviously.

4 hours ago, dog said:

I suggest contacting them before driving there and check with your airline. I was referring to air Canada from Toronto. Quebec May be different 

Definitely will be for sure. We're also AC, from YUL to FLL so if it worked for flights out of Pearson, it would also work from here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Level six said:

Maybe they "did" but I think people have been abusing the testing and it will no longer be paid for unless a real reason......not travel.  IMO and also what is being reported. 

I have to test often for work and community spread is a real reason.

I also have to test for work if requested by the athletes I work with, there’s no box to check for that 😁 so a “valid” reason at this point can be pretty much anything. 

Avoid the stress and buy the Abbott monitored tests, $150 for 6 tests, so no searching for a test, no worries about results or insurance, no stranger sticking a swab up your nose, and no contacts with possibly infected people in clinics or pre-boarding testing rooms. If you plan to eventually travel to Europe, it's also a perfect test for re-entry to the US, instead of searching for a test in a foreign country and risk missing a flight. It also gives a backup plan if a local testing falls through, so it avoids that stress, or the stress and cost of using port testing as a backup. Just make sure it's an Abbott Ag Card test, only available through emed.com or optum.com. 

• Like 4