HERE IT IS. TESTING 2 days before

RoePost

33 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

What would be the point of requiring b2b passengers to book the same cabin for each respective cruise if they are treated as new passengers?

We book the same cabin so we don't have to clean the cabin and pack and unpack.  A lot to do 7 times.

We have a b2b on 10 and 20 Dec but in different cabins since we booked at different times.  If the requirement to pack up and vacate your cabin between each cruise is still in effect, we will be planning on just a carry on and back pack each.   Good thing Princess has the laundry rooms so we can wash and wear the same clothes a lot.  No dress to impress anymore for us.😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coo359a2 said:

In the FAQ section dated 2 Sept.  I'm wondering if the reason to pack up is just in case you test positive and are not allowed back on the ship to gather up your belongings.

This seems like the likely reason

I have a 14 day cruise that I booked as a single cruise.  Princess also sells it as two 7 day cruises.  I will not be happy if they treat me as a B2B - unless I can buy a bottle or two of liquor on the first leg to be delivered to my cabin on the last night of the first leg.  That would help ease the pain.

On 9/4/2021 at 2:11 PM, LoriPhil said:

Have had multiple tests at Walgreens, which has “living in an area with high community transmission” as justification for the test, and have never been denied insurance coverage.  But the Abbot at-home test sounds like a good way to go as a contingency, as we typically fly in two days prior to the cruise.  I’m guessing we’ll also need test results to fly back to the US from Vancouver after our B2B, so Abbot may be the way to go for that as well.  I can see it now - in Ketchikan sitting on our balcony with the laptop, cocktail in one hand and the other holding a swab stuffed up my nose.  Ah, travel-tales to tell the grandkids..

I’m not sure if I understood correctly, but if you will be flying to Canada, at this time they’re requiring a PCR test to enter Canada. I live in Canada and will be able to do a rapid antigen test to enter USA and get on the cruise ship, but I will need a PCR test to return home.

31 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

I’m not sure if I understood correctly, but if you will be flying to Canada, at this time they’re requiring a PCR test to enter Canada. I live in Canada and will be able to do a rapid antigen test to enter USA and get on the cruise ship, but I will need a PCR test to return home.

You are correct 

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Recent change in policy says testing will be done after disembarking the ship.

Still, though, I wonder why someone needing a PCR couldn't get it at the Medical Center before final morning if they needed an early departure to airport for example.  I don't see the harm in having the test early.  Is Princess afraid of finding a positive result early?  IF (big IF for fully vaccinated) the guest was going to test positive on final morning, wouldn't it be useful to know a day or two sooner so they could be isolated?  

Who knows when Canada is going to get rid of the PCR for fully-vaccinated Canadians (many medical experts have called it unnecessary)?  When cruising ramps up more and Caribbean opens up, a typical several hundred Canadians would represent a huge jam waiting for testing and results on final morning.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Who knows when Canada is going to get rid of the PCR for fully-vaccinated Canadians (many medical experts have called it unnecessary)?  

Like who? Statistics show that significant numbers of vax people are infected. In BC, fully vax people are 1/10 as likely to be infected as un-vax.  But, vax people still represent 1/7 of those hospitalized. 😲

Is it different in Ontario?

15 hours ago, dog said:

Princess will test you on-board before your flight home 

I also found that out this morning on a different thread.

If your home country requires PCR test like Canada, Princess will test you after you’ve cleared customs and gathered your luggage and results will be given in approx 60 minutes

19 hours ago, Lizabu said:

I've been searching Cdn Gvt websites, ArriveCan and Air Canada but can't find an explicit answer to a basic question. What happens if a Canadian flies down and boards the ship having tested COVID-negative, but catches the bug while on board and PCR tests positive at the disembarkation testing the day you are supposed to fly home. You may be fully vaccinated, and you would have a valid test result, just that's it's positive. Presumably the airline (AC in our case) would then refuse to fly us home? I haven't been able to find an explicit description of this specific situation. ArriveCan seems to indicate that ALL you need is a proof of vaccination and a valid test result but makes no mention of whether it has to be negative or not. It does clearly say that if you are symptomatic, you are stuck and the airline won't fly you home (hence the need for medevac insurance) but it seems to imply that if you have no symptoms, you COULD fly home and then quarantine. Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Like who? Statistics show that significant numbers of vax people are infected. In BC, fully vax people are 1/10 as likely to be infected as un-vax.  But, vax people still represent 1/7 of those hospitalized. 😲

Is it different in Ontario?

Not looking to lord it over BC, but wondering about those stats which seem high.  In ON, < 1% of Covid cases and < 1% of hospitalizations are break-through cases (affecting fully-vaccinated).  IDK what number of hospitalizations had other complications.  

Mandatory PCR testing over-the-top for fully-vaccinated.  Other options exist.  Save the PCR for more risk situations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I've been searching Cdn Gvt websites, ArriveCan and Air Canada but can't find an explicit answer to a basic question. What happens if a Canadian flies down and boards the ship having tested COVID-negative, but catches the bug while on board and PCR tests positive at the disembarkation testing the day you are supposed to fly home. You may be fully vaccinated, and you would have a valid test result, just that's it's positive. Presumably the airline (AC in our case) would then refuse to fly us home? I haven't been able to find an explicit description of this specific situation. ArriveCan seems to indicate that ALL you need is a proof of vaccination and a valid test result but makes no mention of whether it has to be negative or not. It does clearly say that if you are symptomatic, you are stuck and the airline won't fly you home (hence the need for medevac insurance) but it seems to imply that if you have no symptoms, you COULD fly home and then quarantine. Thoughts?

Good question, but I suspect the individual would be expected to remain in US until test negative?  I'd be taking another test soon, thinking it had to be false positive.

I don't see a need for a medevac unless the individual was hospitalized and expected to remain there for some time.  HIGHLY unlikely for fully-vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I also found that out this morning on a different thread.

If your home country requires PCR test like Canada, Princess will test you after you’ve cleared customs and gathered your luggage and results will be given in approx 60 minutes

Yes, recently updated. Testing in the terminal not on-board 

14 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

This situation is explained in Princess FAQ updated recently 

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Good question, but I suspect the individual would be expected to remain in US until test negative?  I'd be taking another test soon, thinking it had to be false positive.

I don't see a need for a medevac unless the individual was hospitalized and expected to remain there for some time.  HIGHLY unlikely for fully-vaccinated.

Very good point about getting a second test for confirmation, we'd definitely do that. Problem is, we really can't wait in the US until testing negative, who knows how long that would take. We pretty much need to be back within a few days at most, but are OK with quarantining once home. I agree that this scenario is highly unlikely, but it's not THAT unlikely given the rates in the US

If you test negative you are free to go to airport. If positive Princess should assist you in arranging a hotel to isolate. Cannot fly on plane to Canada at this time without proof of negative covid test 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not looking to lord it over BC, but wondering about those stats which seem high.  In ON, < 1% of Covid cases and < 1% of hospitalizations are break-through cases (affecting fully-vaccinated).  

Wow! What a difference! Here's the BC public health statement...

"From Aug. 25-31, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 79.0% of cases and from Aug 18-31, they accounted for 84.0% of hospitalizations"

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0054-001735

The important thing to remember is that infected people (even the fully vax) can infect others!!! 😷

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Mandatory PCR testing over-the-top for fully-vaccinated.  Other options exist.  Save the PCR for more risk situations.

Actually, there was a mass outbreak on the Carnival Vista among the fully vax. The situation would be worse if unreliable quick tests were used instead of PCR. 🙄

9 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Wow! What a difference! Here's the BC public health statement...

"From Aug. 25-31, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 79.0% of cases and from Aug 18-31, they accounted for 84.0% of hospitalizations"

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0054-001735

I referenced a PDF report from Public Health ON from late August.

18 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Yes, but now:

UPDATED: Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back?

Yes, back-to-back bookings will be available for vaccinated guests, subject to availability.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will need to disembark the ship at the end of each voyage, receive a complimentary viral COVID-19 test, and will be permitted to board the ship again once they receive a negative test result.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

We will closely monitor all guidance and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

I think we'll be canceling the first leg of our b2b.  Too much effort to repack, disembark, and then wait for the result of the test, just to go back to the same cabin.