More Observations From The Poop Deck

morpheusofthesea

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

What is “brown bread”?    Is it wheat, whole wheat, multigrain, or pumpernickel?   I love some of those breads but not others.   Really love marble rye but have not seen it on Celebrity.

Not sure what's in it.  I assume whole wheat.  Brown bread is what they call it.  It's really quite delicious.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:43 AM, morpheusofthesea said:
On 9/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, Daneenm said:

This is your private entrance to the Retreat sun deck, pool, and bar. It is at the top of the stairs bedroom level.

Thank you so very much for this Morpheus!

• Thanks 1

Upon leaving this morning (Retreat guests rendezvous at / in Fine Cut) one passenger said he heard there were only 600 passengers boarding today ( we heard 800 from staff a couple days ago). We docked at 7 am and were cleared to disembark at 7:17. Retreat guests are the first to leave, noticeably absent this time was Capt. Kate saying her goodbyes at the gangway. These 600 guests are going to have the time of their life being catered to by 1100 crew.

22 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Now that we are 'safely' home and out of 'harm's way' ( one never knows how someone might react to a post). We were in villa #15100.

Seems you had a great cruise!  Lol on your villa  comment, yes does seem some get their knickers in a twist if someone mentions staying in an upper suite 🙄 very glad you enjoyed it and your pictures were wonderful!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Seems you had a great cruise!  Lol on your villa  comment, yes does seem some get their knickers in a twist if someone mentions staying in an upper suite 🙄 very glad you enjoyed it and your pictures were wonderful!!

One of the best cruises of our lives. One should never look back and say 'we should have'.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

One of the best cruises of our lives. One should never look back and say 'we should have'.....

My son and his husband were on this cruise celebrating their honeymoon. They said the same thing that it was the best cruise they have been on! Actually I think their cabin was near yours. We can’t wait to be back ourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cbfb said:

My son and his husband were on this cruise celebrating their honeymoon. They said the same thing that it was the best cruise they have been on! Actually I think their cabin was near yours. We can’t wait to be back ourselves. 

Thanks. I just hate having to defend myself. Yes, there was a couple of gentlemen on our deck that complimented my DW on her evening outfits. They were very kind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Thanks. I just hate having to defend myself. Yes, there was a couple of gentlemen on our deck that complimented my DW on her evening outfits. They were very kind.

Defend yourself from what or who?  Your cruise post was so wonderful!  Don’t worry about the negative stuff posted, you have clearly worked hard and you deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labor.  I hope next time you can stay in the iconic suite and share your entire journey with us!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:
On 9/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, Daneenm said:

Now that we are 'safely' home and out of 'harm's way' ( one never knows how someone might react to a post). We were in villa #15100.

OMG, that didn’t even occurred to me when I asked!  Note to self…think before asking.  Thanks again for all of the details. 

• Like 1

I was also on last week’s sailing and agree with OP - it was a perfect cruise.  We were fortunate to be in a Penthouse Suite and everything was flawless.  Cruise was so good that we decided on Thursday to stay onboard an additional week and am currently still onboard with a little over 800 passengers.  Perfection everywhere I look.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 3

Here is something interesting. Just got our move up offer today to the Penthouse or Iconic Suites. Found that one can really overbid these things, bidding much more than the original price of these cabins. We called Celebrity to check if these cabins were opened. No they are booked, but the bidding is in case there is a cancellation. So we put in one "fair" bid on the Iconic and just a "weak" bid on the Penthouse. The "weak" bid on the Penthouse is just $500 lower than the advertised original price....No matter. It piqued our interest on a future 'look see' when we get on board for the Future Cruise Desk and extra OBC if booked on board. Before we pressed the 'submit button', the last line in fine print said this bid is not subject to additional perks. Immediately got back on the phone to Celebrity to make sure that IF one of our bids is accepted we still get the original perks of drink package, wifi, etc.. that we presently have with our booked RS. The Celebrity rep laughed and said yes we still get all the perks that we are supposed to get in the booked RS, just not anything additional. Whew! We pressed submit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here is something interesting. Just got our move up offer today to the Penthouse or Iconic Suites. Found that one can really overbid these things, bidding much more than the original price of these cabins. We called Celebrity to check if these cabins were opened. No they are booked, but the bidding is in case there is a cancellation. So we put in one "fair" bid on the Iconic and just a "weak" bid on the Penthouse. The "weak" bid on the Penthouse is just $500 lower than the advertised original price....No matter. It piqued our interest on a future 'look see' when we get on board for the Future Cruise Desk and extra OBC if booked on board. Before we pressed the 'submit button', the last line in fine print said this bid is not subject to additional perks. Immediately got back on the phone to Celebrity to make sure that IF one of our bids is accepted we still get the original perks of drink package, wifi, etc.. that we presently have with our booked RS. The Celebrity rep laughed and said yes we still get all the perks that we are supposed to get in the booked RS, just not anything additional. Whew! We pressed submit.

I have watched a few videos of the Iconic, all I can say is amazing, farthest forward cabins are always our preference.  Good luck with the bid(s)!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here is something interesting. Just got our move up offer today to the Penthouse or Iconic Suites.

For those who are not aware, if you win a bid for a higher category suite or cabin than the one you were originally booked in, you will only receive the number of CC points associated with your original booking.

• Thanks 1