Cruise Shoes - how many is too many?

BoozinCroozin

On 9/7/2021 at 7:29 AM, shipgeeks said:

And don't forget your tap shoes.  Heavy, but so worth it when you want to attend tap dance classes.

On two of our three Cunard cruises, tap classes were offered, with several attendees well prepared.  Another Cunarder reported that at least 30 of the 80 or 90 passengers who showed up for a tap class had packed their own tap shoes.

I've done a Cunard cruise to PNG ex Australia - there were ballroom dancing (one of the reasons we chose them) - but my dance shoes are the same as my formal shoes-  I wouldn't normally wear suede soled shoes outside - but I figure a cruise ship counts as inside LOL.  Black suede or satin shoes go with everything and  I ended up wearing them everynight 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clo said:

From the little I just read that seems like the more 'correct' heel for amateur dancers. Thanks.

Yes I always wore 2.5" dancing competitive - but coming back to  it after over 18 months off with partner's health issues I'll probably not wear that height again - the pain in my legs was destroying my technique anyway. NZ has (finally) opened up to same sex competitive dancers and followers who are male can dance in comfortable cuban heels at 1 or 1.5"  I will probably do so too if we return to competition. 

And for a cruise ship its a much better height for going up and down stairs! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to pack light for all my trips (including cruises), so I like multi-use pieces (clothing and shoes). I bought these to wear: https://smile.amazon.com/crocs-Kadee-Womens-Black-US/dp/B003XE1CR0?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

With pants, they just look like a basic flat, but can be worn to the pool or spa. 

Full Disclosure: I haven't yet worn for  a cruise, but have used for three land vacations (some nice dinners out and hanging at the pool) and they worked great.

For a cruise like Alaska, I'd bring the aforementioned crocs, a comfortable pair of chelsea boots and a pair of good walking shoes for sightseeing (I use Keens)

For a cruise where I'll be on the beach, or at the pool a lot, I'd choose the croc flat, a pair of walking sandals and a walking shoe. Then, if I had multiple beach days planned, I'd throw in a pair of water shoes (because they can pack so flat).

I find three pairs is usually  the magic number for me.

Well, I am packing tomorrow😀.........I am thinking 5 pairs.  Packing for where you may ask.?.........Flying out on Wednesday........going to Lisbon for a 12 night cruise😃😀😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

...I am thinking 5 pairs.  

Snap thats about my lot though i do travel in one pair either sketchers or trainers(sneakers) then its one pair glitzy dance sandals, one pair dark medium heels and a pair flat day sandals. I alway pack footwear along the outer edges of my suitcase and fill them with miscellaneous socks, belts scarves etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, clo said:

Holey moley!  I've never taken more than three, sometimes two. And since I've discovered Rothys it's just confirmed that.

So bring your 2 or 3.....why do I get the feeling when someone has a different view on things from you, you take offense.  Holey Moley! Right back at you.  You can be happy with the way you pack and I will be happy with the way I pack.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Snap thats about my lot though i do travel in one pair either sketchers or trainers(sneakers) then its one pair glitzy dance sandals, one pair dark medium heels and a pair flat day sandals. I alway pack footwear along the outer edges of my suitcase and fill them with miscellaneous socks, belts scarves etc. 

I have a pair of shoes I travel in by a brand called "Spring Step"......they look like they are weaved....they are black and VERY lightweight. Bringing a pair of dressy flats and a pair sandals for evenings.......one pair of shoes for my tours and possibly a pair of slides...for around the cabin and pool. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

.why do I get the feeling when someone has a different view on things from you, you take offense. 

I'm not taking offense. Perhaps you are. My wardrobe for traveling isn't a lot different than at home. More tailored and understated so "glitzy" isn't a word in my vocabulary 🙂 Probably the same pair of shoes at dinner every night and a different pair during the day.

I am not taking offense. As I said, you are happy with how you pack and I am happy with the way  I pack.

Different strokes. You posted The Holy Moley!  Not me. There are women who pack 15 pairs. I choose 4 or 5.

40 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am not taking offense. As I said, you are happy with how you pack and I am happy with the way  I pack.

Different strokes. You posted The Holy Moley!  Not me. There are women who pack 15 pairs. I choose 4 or 5.

I use it humorously 

ho·ly mo·ly
/ˌhōlē ˈmōlē/

exclamation
DATEDHUMOROUS

1. used to express surprise or dismay.
    "holy moly, this is exciting news!"

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I admit to being one of those who packs 15+ pairs of shoes, unless of course it’s longer than 10 days😂

Edited by GrammieK
Wording
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

I admit to being one of those who packs 15+ pairs of shoes, unless of course it’s longer than 10 days😂

Hi, and do whatever makes you happy😀👍.  The cruise I am going on is 12 nights.....with 2 extra, one pre cruise, one post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

LOL. I don't OWN 15 pairs of shoes.  Not sure if I have 10.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, PandaBear62 said:

I prefer to pack light for all my trips (including cruises), so I like multi-use pieces (clothing and shoes). I bought these to wear: https://smile.amazon.com/crocs-Kadee-Womens-Black-US/dp/B003XE1CR0?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

With pants, they just look like a basic flat, but can be worn to the pool or spa. 

Full Disclosure: I haven't yet worn for  a cruise, but have used for three land vacations (some nice dinners out and hanging at the pool) and they worked great.

For a cruise like Alaska, I'd bring the aforementioned crocs, a comfortable pair of chelsea boots and a pair of good walking shoes for sightseeing (I use Keens)

For a cruise where I'll be on the beach, or at the pool a lot, I'd choose the croc flat, a pair of walking sandals and a walking shoe. Then, if I had multiple beach days planned, I'd throw in a pair of water shoes (because they can pack so flat).

I find three pairs is usually  the magic number for me.

How is the croc for walking? Do you feet get damp and slip in them? I think they might be a good option for a warm weather cruise I'm planning next year - and would double as swim shoes / beach shoes 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:28 PM, lissie said:

How is the croc for walking? Do you feet get damp and slip in them? I think they might be a good option for a warm weather cruise I'm planning next year - and would double as swim shoes / beach shoes 

They're fine for small amounts of walking....like to and around the pool, or to dinner. I wouldn't wear them all day but I'm not a big crocs fan. They worked for me, when I want multi-use items. I just booked (like yesterday) a Disney cruise the first weekend in December, so I can report back how it worked for walking on a cruise deck.

• Like 1