The Daily for Monday September 06, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@StLouisCruisers

💖 HAPPY 52nd ANNIVERSARY! 🥂

Here's to many more happy years together!   🍾

Thank you for the wishes and the champagne!  I don't have any champagne in the house so will celebrate later today with WINE!  💗

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning All!  Labor Day is bittersweet - love the three day weekend, but in this area it is always considered the symbolic end to summer.  As @cat shepard says, the flowers outside have more finished blooms than buds, but I procrastinate dead-heading because it will soon be time to just ditch them and switch over to fall mums.

Have always loved reading a good book, but to me the best place for that is on the deck chair of a HAL ship with a nice adult beverage by my side.  

Not sure what a 'cockle' is, but I'm guessing it is some type of seafood.  Not a big fan of that, so will pass.  The drink?  Ooof...was never one to mix beer and spirits so will pass on that too.  The wine sounds interesting though.

@StLouisCruisers, a very happy anniversary to you and DH!

The comedy night we went to Saturday was very enjoyable - funny and (mostly) clean comedy but all in good spirits.  I haven't laughed so hard like that in a long time, and DH and I decided we need to find events like that and get out more often.  It was outdoors under a tent, so we felt more comfortable being in a more crowded space.

Daughter sent a text all excited that her gender test results had come in, but was waiting for her husband to come home before opening.  A few hours later, she texted again, disappointed that it seems the results weren't actually loaded into her portal account.  With the holiday it probably won't happen until later this week.  I told her it just keeps the anticipation growing.  

Today, the sun is out and humidity lower.  DH booked us a tee-time this afternoon so we'll round out the holiday weekend with 18 holes of golf.  

Prayers to all on the care list.  Despite the challenges, may each and every one of you find moments of joy to celebrate.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

@StLouisCruisers Happy Anniversary, Sandi and DH. Have a wonderful day. 

Thank you Julie!  We will have a nice, easy day today. 💕 Our neighbors Ray and Diana are celebrating an anniversary tomorrow and wanted to go out to dinner together but we said not this year.  I have a doctor appointment Friday for a larngoscopy procedure and didn't want to risk exposure to Covid this week.  Trying to figure out why I have a chronic cough.  Still! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  It's a daily fight Procrastination Day here everyday.  Getting more lazy in my old age.  I read daily, love the feel of a real book in my hands.  Happy Labor Day everyone.  @StLouisCruisersHappy Anniversary.  The meal sounds interesting. 

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Yorsh:

Yorsh is a Russian mixed drink consisting of beer thoroughly mixed with an ample quantity of vodka. It is traditionally drunk in a social setting, typically with a toast followed by downing a full glass of it at one go. Vodka is a neutral spirit which does not greatly alter the flavor of the beer, but does greatly increase its alcohol content.Wikipedia
Ingredients

2 oz Vodka
    Beer
    Glass: Beer Mug

Directions

Fill a chilled beer mug with any beer.
    Pour vodka over top and serve without stirring.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.25.32 AM.png

Thank you for the good wishes today!  But oh my on the drink!  Someone braver than me would have to taste that one.🍺

• Like 10

Happy Labor Day everyone and thanks for today’s report.  Great day to procrastinate. I’ll continue reading Death in Disguise by Caroline Graham.  We’ll be having yesterday’s recipe this evening. Can’t wait to see the photos of today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Happy Anniversary to @StLouisCruisers and cheers to everyone in our daily family celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

@StLouisCruisers  Happy Anniversary!

Good-wishes-for-marriage-anniversary-happy-anniversary-image.jpg.a9e16d4d40a1edad38d40702aa3650c3.jpg

Well, I thought I was packed for my cruise yesterday, but I need to make some changes in the big bag.  It is always something.

Today's meal sounds good, but too many carbs for me.   I hope others can enjoy it. 

https://www.marthastewart.com/355892/linguine-new-zealand-cockles

linguine-and-clams-with-almonds-and-herbs-112816.thumb.jpg.36f0d6a2ce479a445cfecf357ebe9c8f.jpg

Debbie, thank you for the beautiful flower-filled wishes for us!  We appreciate it!🌷

Sorry to hear about Donna not being able to go on the cruise with you last minute, but her doctor is right.  Wouldn't want an accident while away on a cruise.

I love linguine but don't think I can handle the cockles today.  Sorry!  Some seafood lover can have mine.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Good morning All!  Labor Day is bittersweet - love the three day weekend, but in this area it is always considered the symbolic end to summer.  As @cat shepard says, the flowers outside have more finished blooms than buds, but I procrastinate dead-heading because it will soon be time to just ditch them and switch over to fall mums.

Have always loved reading a good book, but to me the best place for that is on the deck chair of a HAL ship with a nice adult beverage by my side.  

Not sure what a 'cockle' is, but I'm guessing it is some type of seafood.  Not a big fan of that, so will pass.  The drink?  Ooof...was never one to mix beer and spirits so will pass on that too.  The wine sounds interesting though.

@StLouisCruisers, a very happy anniversary to you and DH!

The comedy night we went to Saturday was very enjoyable - funny and (mostly) clean comedy but all in good spirits.  I haven't laughed so hard like that in a long time, and DH and I decided we need to find events like that and get out more often.  It was outdoors under a tent, so we felt more comfortable being in a more crowded space.

Daughter sent a text all excited that her gender test results had come in, but was waiting for her husband to come home before opening.  A few hours later, she texted again, disappointed that it seems the results weren't actually loaded into her portal account.  With the holiday it probably won't happen until later this week.  I told her it just keeps the anticipation growing.  

Today, the sun is out and humidity lower.  DH booked us a tee-time this afternoon so we'll round out the holiday weekend with 18 holes of golf.  

Prayers to all on the care list.  Despite the challenges, may each and every one of you find moments of joy to celebrate.

Thank you for the kind wishes!  Hope your daughter's gender test results come in quickly.🤞

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Happy Labor Day everyone and thanks for today’s report.  Great day to procrastinate. I’ll continue reading Death in Disguise by Caroline Graham.  We’ll be having yesterday’s recipe this evening. Can’t wait to see the photos of today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Happy Anniversary to @StLouisCruisers and cheers to everyone in our daily family celebrating a happy event today!

Much appreciated Mr. Boston!  

• Like 6

Good afternoon and thank you for today's daily and care reports.

It is currently 70°F and sunny.

I have just got home after a busy 5 hours doing sales calls.

Interesting quote today.

Nice food and wine of the day.

I tend to do things straight away because if I procrastinate I will forget to do them.

We have been to Civitavecchia several times on ships.

We have visited Rome on a few occasions which is about 1 hour from the port and walked around the port of Civitavecchia also.

Pauline reads books all the time but I rarely do these days.

Happy Labour day to all those who celebrate it.

Prayers to everyone on the care list.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Graham!  Did you and Pauline go out to lunch today to celebrate for me?  😉

Pauline is a civil servant and has been working from home today.

I am semi retired and went out for 5 hours today doing sales calls.

I hope you both have a wonderful day.🥂🍷🍹

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Wow, sorry to take up so much space here but wanted to respond to everyone for their many wishes for us today.  Thank you so much my friends!  

A great group of days today.  I think sometimes I do procrastinate when it's something I really don't want to do.  Of course today is Labor Day and like I said, it's great you all get a holiday to celebrate my anniversary!  LOL!  As for Read a Book Day, I'm currently reading a book called "Maiden Voyages: Magnificent Ocean Liners and the Women Who Traveled and Worked Aboard Them" by Sian Evans.  It's on my Kindle.  The author goes into great detail about some of their lives so sometimes it feels like a gossip mag.  😄

Civitavecchia is a great little port and the gateway to Rome.  We've been there so many times I had to check my "chart".  Nine time!  Quite a few times we've spent time roaming around town instead of heading into Rome.  Perhaps I'll find a few photos to share of Civi instead of Rome.

But first a photo of DH and me cutting the cake at our reception.  I was 19, working at the time, and paid for the entire wedding myself.  We had 275 friends and family members there, but remember things were a lot cheaper in 1969!  My handsome DH was 21 and an engineering student at the time.  I continued working and helped put him through college.  Our daughter didn't arrive until 3 years later after he graduated.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlcZk5WIPvuJMvxDBNQAUdV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1630791029

Edited by StLouisCruisers
grammar
  • Like 38

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, sorry to take up so much space here but wanted to respond to everyone for their many wishes for us today.  Thank you so much my friends!  

A great group of days today.  I think sometimes I do procrastinate when it's something I really don't want to do.  Of course today is Labor Day and like I said, it's great you all get a holiday to celebrate my anniversary!  LOL!  As for Read a Book Day, I'm currently reading a book called "Maiden Voyages: Magnificent Ocean Liners and the Women Who Traveled and Worked Aboard Them" by Sian Evans.  It's on my Kindle.  The author goes into great detail about some of their lives so sometimes it feels like a gossip mag.  😄

Civitavecchia is a great little port and the gateway to Rome.  We've been there so many times I had to check my "chart".  Nine time!  Quite a few times we've spent time roaming around town instead of heading into Rome.  Perhaps I'll find a few photos to share of Civi instead of Rome.

But first a photo of DH and I cutting the cake at our reception.  I was 19, working at the time, and paid for the entire wedding myself.  We had 275 friends and family members there, but remember things were a lot cheaper in 1969!  My handsome DH was 21 and an engineering student at the time.  I continued working and helped put him through college.  Our daughter didn't arrive until 3 years later after he graduated.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlcZk5WIPvuJMvxDBNQAUdV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1630791029

What a really nice photo of you both.

You look beautiful and your husband was handsome.

Nice dress and cake too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1