Arrival group question

On 9/8/2021 at 3:30 PM, 1aCruise4wks said:

How soon were you able to select the group?  We are booked to sail in early November - we checked in on the Medallion App but the feature to select a boarding group wasn't available.

Dennis

For our 8/29 sailing, I was able to select an arrival time a week before final payment. I still can't select one for our 10/31 sailing. No consistency there.

After checking everyday for 2 weeks, I got to pick our arrival time. We leave on October 6th on the Majestic for the 3 day with San Diego. We were assigned 1130,am. We are platinum. I’m not sure if we can get on earlier, but at least that part is set. Next hurdle is a negative test result on October 4th. Lots of obstacles, but we miss cruising.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We sail Oct 23 out of LA and our window opened as well. 😃 Lets hope it holds. 🙏

I don't take any chances with Princess.  Screen shot confirmation and that is what I am going by if it magically disappears.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 12:06 PM, 1965 said:

What were the choices for arrival groups? Did you pick a specific hour, or were the choices general, like early, noon, afternoon, evening? Thanks. 

For our Oct Mexico cruise we were able to pick early/mid/ late. I selected mid and then I was prompted to select one of several 30 minute blocks within the broader mid time frame. I picked arrival group C 12:30-1:00 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

For our Oct Mexico cruise we were able to pick early/mid/ late. I selected mid and then I was prompted to select one of several 30 minute blocks within the broader mid time frame. I picked arrival group C 12:30-1:00 

Thank you so much for the info. 😊

• Like 1

I’m also on the October 31, 2021 cruise, 44 days out, & still can’t pick my arrival time. I’m curious as to what times will show as the Ruby Princess is coming out of dry dock so perhaps we can board earlier. I check my account several times a day so when it’s available I’ll say YEA. 

From what I’ve read when you can pick your boarding time varies from one cruise to the next. 

Since I live in the city I’m hopeful I can be in one of the 1st boarding groups plus I’m Elite. 

Tom😀

@trbarton Will this be Ruby's first appearance?  Maybe that is why it's taking so long to get a boarding time. 

San Pedro just opened up a few days ago for ships leaving in October.  First cruise out is September 25.

Good luck.  I think it is very poor public relations for Princess that her passengers have to find out from others (not Princess) when the window opens.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@trbarton Will this be Ruby's first appearance?  Maybe that is why it's taking so long to get a boarding time. 

San Pedro just opened up a few days ago for ships leaving in October.  First cruise out is September 25.

Good luck.  I think it is very poor public relations for Princess that her passengers have to find out from others (not Princess) when the window opens.

Yes…It’s the first cruise out of dry dock. I’m crossing fingers so hopefully something will happen soon. Yes is not good PR for Princess. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

Wouldnt take too much notice we were both Green Lane prior to our cruise on Regal on the 9th September but on the morning of the cruise wife automatically went to Blue Lane and at the port they werent interested they said because one of us was now Blue we both had to go to Blue Lane. Another anomaly of the Medallion App not working as it should.

When you do your medallion set up it will give you options. It automatically gave us one group but I was able to move us to an earlier slot. The color assignment is based on how you answer the set up health questions, or so it told us. If you need the vaccination I think you’ll be in the yellow line.