Everything.. Norwegian Viva/Prima class #2

FreestyleNovice

17 minutes ago, bianks said:

wait, LUIS FONSI will be on board? Or just for 1 show or something??? 

Probably just ONE show for invited guests only like Pitbull did on the Encore.  Ceremony will be on the 28th of November.

4 hours ago, bianks said:

wait, LUIS FONSI will be on board? Or just for 1 show or something??? 

Probably just ONE show for invited guests only like Pitbull did on the Encore.  Ceremony will be on the 28th of November.  If he does do a sailing, it will probably be an invited guest cruise to San Juan.  The Viva is going to homeport over the Winterr in San Juan.

11 minutes ago, omahabob said:

If you look over to the right on this page, there are customer shot videos as well.

Thanks , we are on the VIVA sister ship  but very little information on the VIVA yet 

1 minute ago, Keith.W said:

Thanks , we are on the VIVA sister ship  but very little information on the VIVA yet 

Hmm, the ship is not yet ready for cruising and in the shipyard. Therefore there is not much information yet and you have to rely on the information availble on the Prima.

steamboats

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keith.W said:

Yep. We're in the same boat, both literally and figuratively. We sail on Viva in March. But since Viva isn't truly operational yet, you can't find anything, and must rely on Prima to get a feel for things. I keep searching though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

Yep. We're in the same boat, both literally and figuratively. We sail on Viva in March. But since Viva isn't truly operational yet, you can't find anything, and must rely on Prima to get a feel for things. I keep searching though.

You and me both. But I'm sure things will be similar.  Of course, we're about five weeks away from the first cruise (early August), so I'm waiting to see what shows up!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

You and me both. But I'm sure things will be similar.  Of course, we're about five weeks away from the first cruise (early August), so I'm waiting to see what shows up!

At least, you know that it will be similar to the Prima.  It was worst for us  a year ago when we were getting ready to sail on the Prima and there was absolutely no information available except what great people on the Cruise Critic page were able to find out.  The first real pictures we got was 2 weeks prior to my cruise when media boarded the cruise in Reykjavik for the media cruise

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

Hmm, the ship is not yet ready for cruising and in the shipyard. Therefore there is not much information yet and you have to rely on the information availble on the Prima.

steamboats

Thanks Steamboats , hope your well. I remember the NCl Escape from Hamburg with ye :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

8/19/23 

There’s another sailing, which used to be available for purchase on the website, starting on 8/10. I haven’t seen that it was canceled yet, so I’m guessing that 8/10 will still be the inaugural. 

5 hours ago, zelliott said:

There’s another sailing, which used to be available for purchase on the website, starting on 8/10. I haven’t seen that it was canceled yet, so I’m guessing that 8/10 will still be the inaugural. 

OK, I somehow remember this story posted here in CC that said 8/17/23, https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/norwegian-cruise-line-delays-norwegian-vivas-debut-to-august-2023

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Actually that article says first cruise is Aug 26.  Aug 17 was cancelled.  Did they change this?

Yes - That article is the information as it was known in 2022 but since then they brought the inaugural forward adding two more dates before Aug 26th.  The first cruise is now Aug 10th - 19th from Trieste to Lisbon, then Aug 19th - 26th Lisbon to Rome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to  Cruisemapper.com, here are the cruises listed for the Viva

Date             Itinerary                                                                         Embarkation

2023 Aug 10 9 days, one-way from Trieste to Lisbon  Trieste $1149
2023 Aug 19 7 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome  Lisbon $1149
2023 Aug 26 9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Trieste  Civitavecchia-Rome $1349
2023 Sep 04 9 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens  Trieste $2039
2023 Sep 13 10 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome  Piraeus-Athens $2499
2023 Sep 23 8 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon  Civitavecchia-Rome $1749
2023 Oct 01 9 days, one-way from Lisbon to Civitavecchia-Rome  Lisbon $1039
2023 Oct 10 9 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Trieste  Civitavecchia-Rome $2199
2023 Oct 19 9 days, one-way from Trieste to Piraeus-Athens  Trieste $1849
2023 Oct 28 9 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Civitavecchia-Rome  Piraeus-Athens $3499
2023 Nov 06 10 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Lisbon  Civitavecchia-Rome $929
2023 Nov 16 11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Miami  Lisbon $879
2023 Dec 02 4 days, round-trip Bahamas Great Stirrup Cay Key West  Miami
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks.  I'm thinking the Prima is my next booking.  I really want to sail her.

If you book the Prima (or the Viva) make sure you will be sailing in warm weather. As most of the public spaces are located outdoor, if you sail in cool or cold weather, you will be end up with overcrowded inside venues

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Ugh! You'll be SO disappointed. 😂

IKR?  LOL!

1 minute ago, BenCoudon said:

If you book the Prima (or the Viva) make sure you will be sailing in warm weather. As most of the public spaces are located outdoor, if you sail in cool or cold weather, you will be end up with overcrowded inside venues

One of my favorite features of the recent NCL ships is the WATERFRONT with all the outdoor spaces.  Agree about sailing her in warmer climates.

But, I sailed the Bliss and the Encore in Alaska. I took advantage of being outside a lot given the stunning views.  I didn't mind layering up when it got chilly.  

Looks like the Prima and Viva offer the same outdoor areas.  I mean, you're on a cruise.  Isn't a major part of the appeal to be outside on deck?

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

IKR?  LOL!

One of my favorite features of the recent NCL ships is the WATERFRONT with all the outdoor spaces.  Agree about sailing her in warmer climates.

But, I sailed the Bliss and the Encore in Alaska. I took advantage of being outside a lot given the stunning views.  I didn't mind layering up when it got chilly.  

Looks like the Prima and Viva offer the same outdoor areas.  I mean, you're on a cruise.  Isn't a major part of the appeal to be outside on deck?

The outdoor space on the Prima and Viva are much much larger than on the Bliss or Encore.  The issue is not being outside to look at the scenerie.  The issue is they made the eating venues (many specialty restaurants, the indulged food hall, the garden Cafe, and The Locals  very small inside with very large outdoor space. So when you have bad weather, people don't want to eat outside and the inside space is overcrowded. 15 to 45 minutes line-ups just to get a table inside. That what I have experienced when I sailed Northern Europe, Iceland and the Trans-Atlantic,  We had rain, strong winds and cold weather.  There were several days where access to outdoor spaces were prohibited due to strong winds.

People that sailed in the Caribean last winter didn't have those issues.  Most people on the inaugural cruises last fall had the same comments:  Those ships are build for warm weather. 

Finally, note that the entertaiment venues are very very small.  Theater:  About 750 seats.  Sid Norman's under 50 seats.   With 3500 passengers on board, getting a ticket to see the shows is a challenge.  There were many complains last year that on a 7 day cruise, people were not able to get tickets to see Donna Summer show.  If you don't pre-book your shows or don't do it the minute you are boarding the ship, it was sold out even before the ship sailed away.  

• Like 2