PLF ( Passenger Locater Form)

daveoc

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You can order now, get the reference number, but the tests will not be dispatched until the 22nd.

Testing For All seems to be the company that many are using.

I must be wrong then, but I am finding all this very confusing. I thought they were available to order on 22nd and dispatched from 24th.

5 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

I must be wrong then, but I am finding all this very confusing. I thought they were available to order on 22nd and dispatched from 24th.

Well, I may have the dispatch date wrong, but many people  here have already ordered, and got the ref number, and completed the PLF. 

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, I may have the dispatch date wrong, but many people  here have already ordered, and got the ref number, and completed the PLF. 

Not that I am cruising at present but, if you place an order before the 22nd wont it have to be a PCR test rather than the cheaper LFT.  Forgive me if I am barking up the wrong tree.

26 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

According to government website list of approved providers doesn’t go live until 22 October 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lateral-flow-tests-to-be-introduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals

10 minutes ago, murphyjl said:

Just looking at my vaccination status certificate on NHS Scotland website. So the certificate right now is showing code expired on 14/10/2021. Confusing to me. Can i download this certificate with a so called out of date bar code and use this.

This whole process feels like getting pecked to death by morons in charge.

NHS England every time you log in the date refreshes another month when it runs out.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

NHS England every time you log in the date refreshes another month when it runs out.

Like me, I imagine you have a nice collection of these letters . What with all the LFT results I will need to delete them all soon, or Microsoft will send me a bill for exceeding my storage allowance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lovely email from P&O received today changing itinerary, dates/ports, etc and explaining about the Belgian plfs that have to be completed for each passenger separately, and of course us having to change to UK plfs as well. More form filling, saving, printing, ensuring copy on mobile devices (as paper copies not accepted is says.).

Interesting info from them:

Le Havre

• Unfortunately, we’ve received guidance that unvaccinated children aged 12-17 won’t be able to disembark Iona. This is a requirement of the local port authority, not the country, and so this is why your cruise has been affected. We’re so sorry to bring you this news.

• Unvaccinated guests aged 12-17 can stay on board Iona with one parent/guardian and make the most of our brand-new ship and, as a goodwill gesture, we’ll give you £50 per cabin to spend on board.

It appears that in France local ports can override national laws.

Joy.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

How can they do that when the govt says the tests cannot be ordered until the 22nd, or have I also misunderstood that?

You can order tests now, but they will not be delivered until after the 22nd.

In all honesty,  I think this whole PLF procedure is just Covid theatre. People are reporting that test results are late coming back, or not coming back at all, there is no follow up, and whilst there is a recommended list of test suppliers, you are not obligated to use any of them.

And ironically,  most places in the world have a lower infection rate than the UK ! It would make more sense for me to be tested when I return home from Lincoln than Barcelona! 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You can order tests now, but they will not be delivered until after the 22nd.

In all honesty,  I think this whole PLF procedure is just Covid theatre. People are reporting that test results are late coming back, or not coming back at all, there is no follow up, and whilst there is a recommended list of test suppliers, you are not obligated to use any of them.

And ironically,  most places in the world have a lower infection rate than the UK ! It would make more sense for me to be tested when I return home from Lincoln than Barcelona! 

So is the code you need for the PLF  given in the confirmation e-mail then?

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

So is the code you need for the PLF  given in the confirmation e-mail then?

Yes, and it is being accepted when completing the PLF.

Stupidly, I completed my PLF on Friday for our cruise returning on Nov 5th. using PCR tests. I like to be organised! 

If I had waited a couple of days, I would have saved £40 by buying two LFTs at £19 each, instead of £39 each. 

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, and it is being accepted when completing the PLF.

Stupidly, I completed my PLF on Friday for our cruise returning on Nov 5th. using PCR tests. I like to be organised! 

If I had waited a couple of days, I would have saved £40 by buying two LFTs at £19 each, instead of £39 each. 

We Yorkshire men would never make that sort of error.😁

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

People have booked the LFTs and filled in their PLFs with no issues.

Thanks for your help with this wowzz, i don’t know why I doubted you 😂.

I’ve now ordered my day 2 LFT from Testing for All, which cost £19. During the order process they ask what date you will arrive back in the UK and that is the date they dispatch the kit by next day delivery. The confirmation email, which arrived immediately, contains the code that I need to enter on the PLF together with the full instructions for carrying out and submitting the test.

Les.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

I’ve now ordered my day 2 LFT from Testing for All, which cost £19. During the order process they ask what date you will arrive back in the UK and that is the date they dispatch the kit by next day delivery. The confirmation email, which arrived immediately, contains the code that I need to enter on the PLF together with the full instructions for carrying out and submitting the test.

Les.

Glad you got sorted.

1 hour ago, Les_ldh said:

Les.

Am I missing something?

The government approved list doesn't appear until Friday.

How do we know Testing For All will be on that list?

That's why I've been resisting ordering the tests.

5 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

Am I missing something?

The government approved list doesn't appear until Friday.

How do we know Testing For All will be on that list?

That's why I've been resisting ordering the tests.

You don't have to buy the test from a government approved supplier, Testing For All is not on the list.

edit - just checked their site. they claim to be non profit making!

Edited by davecttr

1 minute ago, Tatra603 said:

Really?

So I was missing something.

What's the point of the list, then?

Recommended by the Government as reliable companies where those NOT on the list might not be reliable. A few have been taken off the list this last few months for varying reasons.

Hi All

I am on B124A which is leaving Southampton tomorrow. I am have trouble filling out the PLF form. on the first page it says: 

image.png.e77b5c6f4c781ed24c6805aa01f31642.png

But when I try to fill out the form online is asks me the date I will enter the uk (7th november) but when I enter it it says ' you cannot complete this form until 48 hours before you arrive in the UK'

what am i supposed to do? enter a wrong date?