Travel insurance and credit card

Awhile back several people posted extensive Information about travel insurance from  credit cards.  I was saving the Chase information in anticipation of getting the card.  It included a wealth of info from the supplier of the insurance.  Obviously I didn’t do a good job of saving it as my daughter managed to trash it while “helping” me with something else on my IPad .  

Is there any chance someone can steer me to the info?  Chase is no help as I spent an hour trying to get a live person at Chase to help.  We are about to book another cruise and would like to be able to use the card.

I tried a search on CC but nothing came up.  With high hopes I shall keep checking back.

The Chase card you want with the insurance benefit is the Chase Sapphire reserve card Ann.  Google it and apply.  

We use the CSR cruises for amounts over $15k, we then get 3x Chase Points or $450 vs $300 SBC for using AMX Platinum.

Hope this helps, and stay healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our experience dealing with Chase Sapphire Reserve's insurance adjusters, Card Benefit Services, has been nothing if not frustrating.

We needed to cancel European travel for fall 2021 which included two cruises, one on Viking Ocean and one on Regent.  We insured all but $20,000 with IMG iTravelInsured, leaving the balance to be covered by Chase Sapphire Reserve Travel Benefits.

The claim with IMG iTravelInsured has been paid in full while Card Benefit Services is dragging its feet...unresponsive when not requesting additional information.  They state they will respond to inquiries within five days which has never happened.

Thank you Wes, Labonevie, Portolan, DaveFr and Lew.   I am very grateful for the info.  I knew I could count on my fellow CC people.  I will investigate further.  

Lew, your experience is a little  discouraging.  We too use Travel insured but at our stage of life it almost costs as much as the cruise.

Ann

It is unfortunate that Lew you have had issues with Chase re: insurance.  Once I submitted the correct documents (a boo boo or two on my end), the reimbursement experience was fantastic. We were well looked after 2 years ago when we couldn’t go on the Mariner to the Amazon for Christmas due to my health issue.  Looking forward to a ‘redo’ in 2023…and some other cruises before then!

I had a very good experience on a small claim on trip interruption a couple years ago with Chase. 

Just adding another data point. 

We use it for cruise insurance if the cruise is under the Chase limit. 

Edited by CruiserFromMaine
Added last paragraph.

8 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Remember that credit cards do not cover pre existing conditions. 

Limited to the sixty day period immediately prior to the initial deposit or booking date which is pretty standard for most travel insurance policies.

54 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Limited to the sixty day period immediately prior to the initial deposit or booking date which is pretty standard for most travel insurance policies.

If you have a pre existing condition…I do… and want to use my Sapphire credit card as my insurance, it will not cover my pre existing condition. It might cover another illness, that is not pre existing, that there is no medical record for. 
We use a travel insurance company that covers my pre existing condition when purchased within two weeks of my initial deposit. Otherwise it will not cover pre existing conditions either. 
Be very careful. 
Sheila

On 10/12/2021 at 1:41 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We use a travel insurance company that covers my pre existing condition when purchased within two weeks of my initial deposit. Otherwise it will not cover pre existing conditions either. 

It is also well to remember, even if you do not have any per-existing conditions, if you have a loved one that should have an unfortunate circumstance due to a per-existing condition which would require you to cancel, you would not be covered.

I should have added I also get a GeoBlue multi trip policy for additional medical coverage. That will cover pre existing conditions. It’s pretty inexpensive per trip if you can spread the cost over several trips. 

I might also get Med Jet but I haven’t done that yet.