Working with HAL PPC

steve4031

I’ve been trying to get started with the process of rebooking my cruise.  I’ve left messages and sent an email yesterday with a PPC that was recommended to me by a friend.  How long should it take for a phone call to be returned?  Is it reasonable to expect them to call back the same day?

16 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

I’ve been trying to get started with the process of rebooking my cruise.  I’ve left messages and sent an email yesterday with a PPC that was recommended to me by a friend.  How long should it take for a phone call to be returned?  Is it reasonable to expect them to call back the same day?

The few HAL PCCs left are swamped with work.  Next day return calls are the norm for my PCC.

32 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

Is it reasonable to expect them to call back the same day?

I don't think that's a reasonable expectation right now.  In the future, when things get more settled, it probably is, though the best PCC I ever had almost always returned my calls the next day.

Thank you.  

I got impatient and went ahead and booked a Neptune suite.  4211 on the Beethoven deck.  It has staterooms above and the dining room room underneath.  An aft corner balcony which I really wanted for an Alaskan cruise.  By booking on Hal’s website i was able to apply 175 per person credit from the cruise canceled by Covid. Paid 7,408 after the cruise credits were applied.  I can handle this with installments.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve4031 said:

Thank you.  

I got impatient and went ahead and booked a Neptune suite.  4211 on the Beethoven deck.  It has staterooms above and the dining room room underneath.  An aft corner balcony which I really wanted for an Alaskan cruise.  By booking on Hal’s website i was able to apply 175 per person credit from the cruise canceled by Covid. Paid 7,408 after the cruise credits were applied.  I can handle this with installments.  

And, when you hear back from the PCC if you want to use them they can still take over and you can still make installment payment on the HAL website 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I sent an email today to cancel one cruise, and transfer the funds to another.   Also to cancel a courtesy hold.   I got an automatic out of office reply saying my PCC was away until Monday at 0700 hrs.   But about 15 mins later, she called.   She had gone in for a few hours to catch up on some things and she saw my email and called right away.   Whenever I send her an email, she contacts me within a few hours at the latest.   If I email her on the weekends, she will call me first thing on Monday morning.  She’s awesome.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zgscl said:

Probably a stupid question, but if you book with a PCC can the main  reservations number make changes to your booking or is it like a TA where they have to do it?

If you booked with a PCC, they are the ones who can make changes to your reservations.  If there are further adjustments, they will connect you to ship services.  By the way, there are never stupid questions.

26 minutes ago, albingirl said:

If you booked with a PCC, they are the ones who can make changes to your reservations.  If there are further adjustments, they will connect you to ship services.  By the way, there are never stupid questions.

I believe that PCCs are more than a "regular" HAL representative. On weekends, the PCCs are on a rotating duty schedule so that any of them can help you. I know as I left a message onetime for my PCC on a Sunday who surprisingly returned my call that day. But he did explain that it happen to be his weekend to cover the PCC phone line extension. I believe he indicated that there were only two or three of them available and it can get quite busy for them. Since then I make a point to only contact him by phone or email during weekdays. 

Our HAL PCC is usually pretty good, but sometimes I never receive answers to my email questions. I don't know if she thinks they aren't important enough or what. I'd like to think she is a bit overwhelmed with everything and tries to prioritize the questions she receives. Mine have been more informational questions than something she needs to do right away.

36 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Our HAL PCC is usually pretty good, but sometimes I never receive answers to my email questions. I don't know if she thinks they aren't important enough or what. I'd like to think she is a bit overwhelmed with everything and tries to prioritize the questions she receives. Mine have been more informational questions than something she needs to do right away.

I have found the email works great with my PCC.  I guess it depends on the person.

My experience has been exemplary. After I booked online I decided a few days later to ask about the have it all package.  She somehow arranged for me to call the reservation department so I could add this. I believed that it was going to be too late and she sorted out.  Each HAL employee was knowledgeable and helpful.  

• Like 1