Saint Greg's Panorama - LIVE - October 23-30 2021

Saint Greg

36 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Recently went through similar dental work. Front tooth cracked root needed bridge or implant. Went with the bridge due to shorter healing time. Just a word or caution. My temporary would pop off and I would need to return to dentist to have reattached. Since you are going to be out of touch with your dentist, I would recommend asking him for adhesive you can use (my dentist offered me that after the second time) or at least go to a drug store and pick up a dental kit.

They told me the thing I’m getting I should be able to take out and put back in. It’s called a flipper or flapper or something. The surgeon asked that I try not to wear it this week for the healing. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Are you talking about the food in Ocean Plaza?

Not sure. I am talking about when you are at the port, the ship and sign in are on your left. The garage and bag check in is on your right. About 100 feet straight ahead towards the waters edge pre covid there was a makeshift food area with vendors. You could purchase OJ breakfast sandwiches/burritos  coffee pastries and fresh fruit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

Not sure. I am talking about when you are at the port, the ship and sign in are on your left. The garage and bag check in is on your right. About 100 feet straight ahead towards the waters edge pre covid there was a makeshift food area with vendors. You could purchase OJ breakfast sandwiches/burritos  coffee pastries and fresh fruit. 

oh this is sort of news to me. I think I remember one food truck as I was leaving last time. Think I got a picture of it.

96A69F74-F2D3-4DE4-A822-ED0E770CBA8D.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my temp toof. It was a little more involved than I thought. They had to do some adjusting. I was there for an hour. This is basically what it is. Except this on is for #9 and mine is #8.

https://drpaulcaputo.com/one-tooth-flipper-for-tooth-9/

I've never seen a flipper toof.  Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

oh this is sort of news to me. I think I remember one food truck as I was leaving last time. Think I got a picture of it.

96A69F74-F2D3-4DE4-A822-ED0E770CBA8D.jpeg

Yeah we have seen it set up multiple ways over the years. It was just tables with pop up tents with big containers with ice that had the treats displayed. I believe the truck may have been pushed back last time and you rested from a table under a pop up.  Hopefully it will be there when you go next week and in November 

• Like 1

@Saint Greg......you always seem to bring "new things" to the table.....I'd never heard of a "flipper tooth" before, very interesting.  From the pic it appears that the impression part is much more substantial than the tooth itself.

Did they take an impression of the tooth that had to be extracted so they make sure it matches your existing teeth?

Like I said previously I am NOT a fan of the dentist especially when they have to work on my upper front teeth.....you are a brave soul my cruisin friend.

Looking forward to getting the party started here!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg......you always seem to bring "new things" to the table.....I'd never heard of a "flipper tooth" before, very interesting.  From the pic it appears that the impression part is much more substantial than the tooth itself.

Did they take an impression of the tooth that had to be extracted so they make sure it matches your existing teeth?

Like I said previously I am NOT a fan of the dentist especially when they have to work on my upper front teeth.....you are a brave soul my cruisin friend.

Looking forward to getting the party started here!

Yeah the other little pieces all fit in between my other teeth to hold it in. 

I went in for the impression on Thursday 7am.

Remember? That’s the impression that I get da da da da da…da da da da…da da da da da…da da da da.

54 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I don’t remember if I posted it or not but the real interesting part was when the surgeon was twisting my tooth like she was trying to break off a tree branch. I was thinking “man that should really hurt.”

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my temp toof. It was a little more involved than I thought. They had to do some adjusting. I was there for an hour. This is basically what it is. Except this on is for #9 and mine is #8.

https://drpaulcaputo.com/one-tooth-flipper-for-tooth-9/

I got my 1st flipper, when I was in 5th grade. I knocked out my 2 front teeth, on the ice at school during recess, and they were my adult teeth.😢 Hope you get your tooth issue resolved, so you can  enjoy your upcoming cruise. Happy cruising!😁

• Like 1

My mouth felt better yesterday. I had enchiladas for dinner (skipped the chips). I drank through a straw. It was a little sore this morning. Probably from the dentist shoving that flipper up there repeatedly. I might prefer wearing a mask to wearing that thing. I have a hockey jersey I could bring for the Halloween party.  Then I could leave it out that night.

Follow up with the surgeon is Thursday. I need to get my mail hold card turned in at lunch one day this week. I’m close totally packed. We’re almost there.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6

Greg, I am following with anticipation.  Your last review right before the pandemic was so good.  The last day when you were held at port read like a great suspense novel.  I remember sitting in my house and not doing anything but following the review.  We were supposed to sail in April that year.  We have moved it twice and now sailing May 2022.  It will be nice to see if anything has changed.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Or you can do it with your phone or pc. Stop and restart  here: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

I do both. I've had the online one not work. They say sometimes they don't get it. I went over at lunch today and while I was waiting in line I submitted online. Then I turned in the card.

• Like 2

I’m pretty sure this happened before Mardi Gras as well…but this afternoon everyone on the cruise gets an email saying we need to log in and complete a heath assessment. You log in…no health assessment.

73A72317-F453-4CB6-A9E0-383BADE7BFB0.thumb.jpeg.ffe9f2eabac6285de527b379ee5b5c78.jpeg

Then tonight the health assessment pops up.

867E0F45-E2C6-44E7-B702-A05F2985A613.thumb.jpeg.dfb8068daa787121f91a4000045da231.jpeg

8F794DCC-5DBF-48C0-B18C-26C4DBBDBC8C.thumb.jpeg.ec2f43e6ffa29433cec6e99c75a257fe.jpeg7A18FFB5-46C5-42B4-9CBA-A4E2F65B4B35.thumb.jpeg.ea510bc1c6373fb9a26a806c7de0c74c.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve been concerned about my flight with all of the sw cancellations. Spirit did something similar in august. While they didn’t cancel mine, they did push it back an hour and a half. I really can’t have anymore delays so I was a bit concerned when I saw this in my inbox today.

31CF549F-1D53-4695-8A1C-F2DA09D862A9.thumb.jpeg.f9fe1cf9af2a83cc7ba3b4c3cf9a0a51.jpeg

But fortunately it is just travel tips. 

D1CBC37F-B795-4B8B-921E-C5BF0436D90D.thumb.jpeg.4770182a0462aec1602a805aa11c90a5.jpeg

This is interesting. I did not realize I had to fill out an online travel form to travel to California. I have only had to do that going to Mexico. Well…In some ways going from Texas to California is like international travel.

Here is the form.

https://travel.lacity.org/?utm_source=responsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Airport Notices&mi_u=13651503682&mi_ecmp=Airport Notices

• Like 2
  • Haha 3