Big Announcement IS a World Cruise departing from Miami

molly361

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But how many will back out during the 14 day deposit window🤔

That was my thought as well.  Now that you explained it to me.  

Big investment there...need to be absolutely sure with that hefty "no refunds" deal.  😮 

On 10/25/2021 at 1:47 PM, tgetz said:

Ins of 21,000 per person? for what class cabin?

So if you back out you have  to pay $21,000 to get back your $8000 deposit? if you should back out like 6 months from now?

Now you are down $13,000 instead of $8000?

Booking this cruise would still scare me. Pass

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yep...I was worried enough about losing the value of business class air that I canceled for a fly/drive trip we had planned to do this month to visit National parks out west. As it worked out, the airlines extended the timeframe within which to use the credits till end of next year, so we'll try again on the trip (it'll be the THIRD time trying to do it). 2-3 weeks on a ship is more than enough for me. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sandebeach said:

They interviewed Richard Fein yesterday on one of the business news shows. He said that the ages of cruisers who are booked on the World Cruise ranges from 2 to 80. I can’t imagine taking a 2-year-old on a cruise that long. 

Don't worry.  H/She will be 3 at the end of the cruise.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, sandebeach said:

They interviewed Richard Fein yesterday on one of the business news shows. He said that the ages of cruisers who are booked on the World Cruise ranges from 2 to 80. I can’t imagine taking a 2-year-old on a cruise that long. 

57 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

That's insane....what a disservice to that kid IMHO. 

Well, there are tens of thousands of two year olds who just spent about nine months in lockdown/out of the mainstream.  This sounds like a lot more fun.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So if you back out you have  to pay $21,000 to get back your $8000 deposit? if you should back out like 6 months from now?

Now you are down $13,000 instead of $8000?

Deposit is $8000 per person 😉

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Define normal

Life should be an adventure  if you have the money, not too many commitments or ones you can manage,  and love cruising I think it's a great idea and I look forward to hearing on these boards from folk doing this cruise or segments 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sandebeach said:

He is as we say in the telesales game chatting wet or chatting what comes out of your back passage. False high pressure selling techniques is all this is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker is bored this morning so he'll bite - you think RCG is lying about Serenade being 70% sold out?

I think the number is accurate for reservations held.  However, the holds start expiring tomorrow, lets see what comes available then.

John, who has 3 cabins held in that 70% number

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I think the number is accurate for reservations held.  However, the holds start expiring tomorrow, lets see what comes available then.

John, who has 3 cabins held in that 70% number

Hey John, quick question: you mentioned people were able to "hold" cabins, does that mean a free hold for 14 days?? Or does it mean they paid the $8K per person, but can get that back if they cancel within the 14 days? 

Thanks!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

and love cruising

You raise some good points. Financial considerations and available time aside, it's all about one's tolerance and level to which they want to indulge in just about any form of recreational (or other) activity. I enjoy walking but wouldn't dream of attempting something like a full or even substantial portion of the Appalachian trail. I like cruising also, but spending even a few months on a ship is not something I think I could mentally and physically handle. What's interesting is that many people might think of something like this as a "once in a lifetime" thing, and yet I've encountered several folks on CC who have done several WC. For me, the itinerary would be simply too much to take in. Even after a 2-week trip - if it's a reasonably busy one - it takes me some time to reflect back on everything I saw and did. I would suspect that even partway into the first segment I'd feel sensory overload from visiting port after port, although there are something like 90 sea days in the whole thing. Then there is still the uncertainties inheritant in whatever might happen with covid. Hopefully by then we'll be basically over with most of the precautions. Otherwise, the various countries' different regulations, etc. could make things a bit unwieldy. 

As you correctly said, you need the right circumstances that make it practical to engage in such a venture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Hey John, quick question: you mentioned people were able to "hold" cabins, does that mean a free hold for 14 days?? Or does it mean they paid the $8K per person, but can get that back if they cancel within the 14 days? 

Thanks!!

Free hold, no commitment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

You raise some good points. Financial considerations and available time aside, it's all about one's tolerance and level to which they want to indulge in just about any form of recreational (or other) activity. I enjoy walking but wouldn't dream of attempting something like a full or even substantial portion of the Appalachian trail. I like cruising also, but spending even a few months on a ship is not something I think I could mentally and physically handle. What's interesting is that many people might think of something like this as a "once in a lifetime" thing, and yet I've encountered several folks on CC who have done several WC. For me, the itinerary would be simply too much to take in. Even after a 2-week trip - if it's a reasonably busy one - it takes me some time to reflect back on everything I saw and did. I would suspect that even partway into the first segment I'd feel sensory overload from visiting port after port, although there are something like 90 sea days in the whole thing. Then there is still the uncertainties inheritant in whatever might happen with covid. Hopefully by then we'll be basically over with most of the precautions. Otherwise, the various countries' different regulations, etc. could make things a bit unwieldy. 

As you correctly said, you need the right circumstances that make it practical to engage in such a venture. 

From what I've seen, most world cruises are half this length. This one is extremely comprehensive, so to me, it's truly once in a lifetime experience 

• Like 2