Diamond plus drinks query

bidgley

9 minutes ago, bidgley said:

just been looking at the revised Q&A benefits,in particular the drinks voucher,are the vouchers in addition to the happy hour drinks or do you now use the vouchers in the lounge and or other venues?

Vouchers are supposed to be used everywhere, including the DL - no more happy hour drinks.

Edited by Biker19

Vouchers are redeemable all day in the bars (most); restaurants and also in the DL. Daily allowance does not roll over if not used; and if you’re at the bar past midnight you’ll be using the next day’s allowance!

Although there’s bound to be someone saying their vouchers weren’t accounted for in the lounge…
They aren’t actual vouchers; they swipe your card; and be sure to say when you don’t want your drink ( aka a coke) to come out if your daily allowance, and save the vouchers for the pricier drinks! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bidgley said:

Hi,

just been looking at the revised Q&A benefits,in particular the drinks voucher,are the vouchers in addition to the happy hour drinks or do you now use the vouchers in the lounge and or other venues?

The vouchers are NOT in addition to happy hour drinks in the D lounge. If you go to happy hour in the D lounge they will use your vouchers now. 

59 minutes ago, Welly9 said:

thanks good info!

but a little tightening of the belt eh!?

I don’t think so. I think it’s treating the overcrowding in the lounge.  Sure, it hits some folks that drink super heavy, but I think overall it costs RCL more. For one, it’s any drink up to $13 and not the previous well drinks. 

Edited by AustinCruise
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rylee123 said:

Has anyone actually been on a cruise and asked the bartender not to use the drink voucher but wanted to save it for the pricier drinks and what was their response?

Their response is to punch a different option on their screen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Welly9 said:

thanks good info!

Royal may take a small hit from D & D+ who will now no longer purchase the drink packages because using the vouchers over the course of the day (as opposed to the Happy Hour hours) makes the drink package less of a value.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Vouchers are redeemable all day in the bars (most); restaurants and also in the DL. Daily allowance does not roll over if not used; and if you’re at the bar past midnight you’ll be using the next day’s allowance!

Although there’s bound to be someone saying their vouchers weren’t accounted for in the lounge…
They aren’t actual vouchers; they swipe your card; and be sure to say when you don’t want your drink ( aka a coke) to come out if your daily allowance, and save the vouchers for the pricier drinks! 

This is good advice, but also if you don't drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day you can use some of them for other things.  In our case, we used 1 for specialty coffee in the morning, 1 for a before dinner drink, 1 or 2 for wine at dinner, and, if one left over, we grabbed a bottle of water on the way to bed.  Sometimes we had a drink earlier in the day and a couple of days there were none left over.  But, we figured, why pay $6 for coffee (or even whatever it costs for water) and have vouchers go unclaimed at the end of the day?

The new system worked very well for us, but I know there were some people who looked forward to "unlimited" drinks and were sad they couldn't get them.  We never had more than a couple of drinks anyway and having the ability to have them any time, anywhere makes it so many of us don't need drink packages or to pay out of pocket for drinks.

Remember to tip for the drinks if they are served to you in bars.  18% gratuity on $0 is not a lot of for the servers 🙂

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rylee123 said:

Has anyone actually been on a cruise and asked the bartender not to use the drink voucher but wanted to save it for the pricier drinks and what was their response?

They are happy to do this if you ask.  Otherwise, the servers assume you want the drink for free.  It's super easy just to say, "I don't want to use Diamond for this..." and they know exactly what you mean.  They don't mind at all.  In those cases, they automatically get the 18% gratuity added on.  

30 minutes ago, Rylee123 said:

I had the Refreshment Package and my DH had the Soda Package. At the end of the night I was grabbing water to go back to the room (DH had only had 3 drinks) I asked for water for him too. The guy at Café Prom asked me if I was sure I wanted to waste voucher on water.  

It can go both ways. People have reported they have had a voucher charged for water or soda. And for me it was the opposite they knew who we were and what packages we had from day 3 of an 8 night cruise 

Edited by LilBlackDress

Does any know if the suite lounge offers any drink or is it from the old menu that we had for the concierge lounge please?  I don’t drink alcohol but my wife likes an occasional Pernod which isn’t on the list. I realise the vouchers would cover that but would like to know if the suite lounge now covers all drinks up to $13

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

Does any know if the suite lounge offers any drink or is it from the old menu that we had for the concierge lounge please?  I don’t drink alcohol but my wife likes an occasional Pernod which isn’t on the list. I realise the vouchers would cover that but would like to know if the suite lounge now covers all drinks up to $13

On the Indy recently, the suite drinks were brought in from the outside bar and you could order whatever you wanted - not the old limited menu. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Welly9 said:

thanks good info!

I don't think it's a tightening of the belt at all.  If fact, I find it pretty much the opposite.  I think the ones who go to the Happy Hour at the start and drink until the end might think they are losing out, but for the rest of us, I think it's far better.

I like being able to get a drink whenever I want and having whatever I want (within the $13 limit).  I wouldn't drink 5 drinks between the lounge and dinner, so now, I can spread the drinks out during the day and have my wine with dinner.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, little britain said:

I thought that would be the case.  We just got off Odyssey on Sunday and my husband bought drinks after midnight and they still showed up on the day before.  It was fine though, we sometimes didn't use all of our vouchers.