Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

12 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Laurie, was the patio open for dinner on your March cruise on Quest?

We got off Quest last week  and the Patio was only open lunchtime and afternoons. It never opened in the evening. 

• Thanks 1

to anyone who is, or has already been, on 'onward'....   i'm new to azamara, will board in july... love to know what brand(s) of tea are onboard?  and... do they have both english breakfast and assam?   (i'd call customer service but if recent experience is any guide,  that is a 90+ minute wait). thanks!

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

A charter cancelled, so Quest will use the week for some prettying up/ maintenance is what I understand.

And time for a number of crew to recover from covid.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I don't think Covid takes weeks to recover from...

I believe there are a number of people on this forum who would disagree with your statement.

Different people are affected differently.

My understanding was that one charter cruise was cancelled, hence my previous post.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

I believe there are a number of people on this forum who would disagree with your statement.

Different people are affected differently.

My understanding was that one charter cruise was cancelled, hence my previous post.

I am one of those people. Side effects are real.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, laurieb said:

I don't think Covid takes weeks to recover from...

It depends on the person, some show no symptoms so ‘recovered’ once showing a negative test, which could be after 3-5 days, but others take a long time. We had positive tests for 12 days and felt very tired for 5/6 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It depends on the person, some show no symptoms so ‘recovered’ once showing a negative test, which could be after 3-5 days, but others take a long time. We had positive tests for 12 days and felt very tired for 5/6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing this. It helps us keep our perspective on a return to cruising.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 11:23 PM, scholarly said:

to anyone who is, or has already been, on 'onward'....   i'm new to azamara, will board in july... love to know what brand(s) of tea are onboard?  and... do they have both english breakfast and assam?   (i'd call customer service but if recent experience is any guide,  that is a 90+ minute wait). thanks!

I’ve been drinking Twinings English Breakfast tea

On 5/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, takemewithyou said:

Laurie, was the patio open for dinner on your March cruise on Quest?

We were on the Quest for three legs in March.  The first leg in the Carribean, the patio was open for all meals though dinners were lightly attended.  The next two legs, a crossing and Portugal/Spain, the patio was hit or miss but only open for dinner a few nights,  For breakfast and lunch it seemed to be weather dependent.

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:06 PM, uktog said:

Thats not what we wanted to hear!  If they cant sort it on a new ship will they ever?

It’s a new system onboard, I used it yesterday before we sailed into Kotor and it was worth better than I’ve had on the other ships. Unfortunately once into Kotor it apparently crashed and was still out this morning. Currently in Dubrovnik I’m using the local 4G running at 220Mbps so not too bothered.

Its a maiden we’re the willing Guinea pigs I’m sure it’s all going to be fine.

• Like 3

Can anyone on board now confirm what the situation is with use of the Spa Terrace/ T-Pool? I'm specifically interested in what the policy is on the Pursuit at this time. Did the Club Cont. Suite guests lose this perk? Are people able to use the Terrace after having a treatment? Are they selling passes? 

12 minutes ago, joyride said:

Can anyone on board now confirm what the situation is with use of the Spa Terrace/ T-Pool? I'm specifically interested in what the policy is on the Pursuit at this time. Did the Club Cont. Suite guests lose this perk? Are people able to use the Terrace after having a treatment? Are they selling passes? 

I would like to know this as well.  I was in a CC last time and it was included (not that  anybody asked me or checked when I used it), but will not be in a suite this time so interested in purchasing a pass --- but is it worth purchasing if it is not even policed?

Edited by Xcelsior

5 hours ago, Cruiser Craig said:

Could anyone currently on the Onward let us know if the complimentary shuttles operate on Thursday May 12th between Porto Corsini and the center city of Ravenna?  If not, are there taxis at what seems to be an industrial port?  Thank you

This was the complimentary shuttle schedule on 30 April . There were no taxis available at the port that we saw. The drop off was very central.

8C35BCA3-F770-49EF-8EB5-DE14BB444E96.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

I would like to know this as well.  I was in a CC last time and it was included (not that  anybody asked me or checked when I used it), but will not be in a suite this time so interested in purchasing a pass --- but is it worth purchasing if it is not even policed?

From my understanding the rumored problem right now is not that access is not policed but that supposedly absolutely nobody but top tier suite guests are allowed to use the Thermal Pool. Last stories we heard was that passes are no longer sold and not even spa treatments give you access to the pool and veranda.  

I would definitely be interested to purchase a pass for my upcoming trip at the end of the month so any information if they are still selling them on Pursuit would be very much appreciated. 

On 5/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, takemewithyou said:

I haven’t seen any pictures of Prime C yet on Onward?

Anybody Have any?  Those of you currently onboard……

Pictures now up in Prime C with a few new additions.

1F5ED44D-D364-4BB8-BF37-218661CA3118.thumb.jpeg.a9bbb18d0ac20028d03ee9642f7e7588.jpeg

F7013D5B-A1AC-40E0-A85B-3E323406AB61.thumb.jpeg.7451388d52a58a2bfd3949996d26cdcb.jpeg

BD364D04-71D7-4ED7-BE52-B34E420C6D56.thumb.jpeg.5f546abc30cc91bea27b335aebf07c32.jpeg

FBF83BA4-9473-4A48-B4F9-DBE15333C84E.thumb.jpeg.e772e15f5609e4e1c58bfd46e08d7d6c.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Some gray chairs, some tan /brown chairs.  White chairs at the bar.  There is art work now.  I am disappointed there are no tables for two at the very aft under the slanted windows, tucked away in the corner.  It was always a romantic quiet spot.  Oh well.  
Thank you @Riocca!

• Like 1