Mystery medallion? What does a white medallion indicate?

Ldyandrea

On 11/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, trbarton said:

Question…When boarding would you like to board 1st if you’re elite or board last & wait in the terminal?  If the ship was full you could be waiting for a long time. Also if your Elite & you use the Tender you bypass everyone else. 

If none of this is important to you than there’s no need to care what’s on the Medallion. 

Tom😀

All the info, including your status, is programmed into the medallion. Just go through the Elite entrance, you should have no issues. 

• Like 3

On 11/13/2021 at 6:15 AM, Buckeye10640 said:

So we just got our medallions, and my husband's is white with a gold-ish princess logo. Mine is customized with a design.I do not see how one can tell for certain about  any status when looking at a customized medallion?? Seems they would need to be scanned....

What is the color of the center on the back of the medallion? That should also be the color of the Captain circle level.

• Like 1

Help me understand this:: the medallion, your pic, and your Captains Circle level shows up on the pad that the crew uses. (I know this because I looked and I keep mine in my pocket.) They are the ones who determine whether you can board 1st, use priority tender, etc. So why does the color matter?? Seems that the actual color is just a status symbol

And no, PSD wouldn't give me a blue sticker. 😔

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Help me understand this:: the medallion, your pic, and your Captains Circle level shows up on the pad that the crew uses. (I know this because I looked and I keep mine in my pocket.) They are the ones who determine whether you can board 1st, use priority tender, etc. So why does the color matter?? Seems that the actual color is just a status symbol

And no, PSD wouldn't give me a blue sticker. 😔

Maybe the system as usual wasn't working properly and they could only go by the color of the medallion??? As if that hasn't ever happened before....lol

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:15 PM, Ldyandrea said:

So, I got my medallion in the mail today for the November 20 sailing of the Enchanted Princess, and rather than a black one for Elite status, my medallion is white. I called Princess, but they didn’t have any answers for me on what that meant, if anything. 

Anyone else know about these, or has received one?

Snow Princess!  There’s a lot of those on the Enchanted 🤩 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Maybe the system as usual wasn't working properly and they could only go by the color of the medallion??? As if that hasn't ever happened before....lol

I want pink or blue. I have a drawer full of black and that doesn't color coordinate well with my clothes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Marelaine said:

All the info, including your status, is programmed into the medallion. Just go through the Elite entrance, you should have no issues. 

None of this is inside the Medallion. All the Medallion has is a reference ID. That ID is sent to the ship's computers which have the information you mention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
On 11/13/2021 at 8:35 PM, CineGraphic said:

Just off of the Majestic...everyone who scanned our medallions could see that we were platinum, even though our medallions were blue. They could also see you interests (if you entered them in the app), and there was also a place for employees to add notes about you. (nice, grumpy, good tipper, etc)

This makes me think of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine was trying to see what the doctors were writing about her in their charts... 

• Like 2

Yes, white is indicative of an inaugural cruise year.  The problem is the WONKY as always App.  I am white too on the App, but really elite, black. I've call a few times to no avail. They say they will get back to me and never do.  The agents we get are not interested in such a trivial thing as a color on a medallion on a screen so it gets no attention or resolution.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I've seen white on a lot of cruises. Was told it was either for the inaugural season or a group booking.

White with Blue Seawitch is now used for all 1st time to Princess. White with your appropriate Captain circle level color for Seawitch was previously used for Inaugural year sailing of new ships, but I think this policy has changed as I believe with this inaugural year of the Sun, the medallions were the normal as any other ship. I think I remember some passengers were hoping for a special ‘Sun Princess’ design. 

The APP is known to show/display the incorrect loyalty level, but if you order a medallion, in most cases, your correct color/medallion will be sent. This is true for me. The Princess APP shows me a new to Princess, but when I have ordered my Medallion, what is shipped is my correct level.

As Princess policy, if you are traveling on a friends and family rate, no matter what your actual loyalty level is,  previously you were issued a ‘blue’ cruise card, now you are issued the equivalent ‘blue’ new to Princess medallion which is white color background with Blue Seawitch.

Many times the passenger or travel agent did not communicate to Princess of past loyalty numbers, so the cruise card and now Medallion was issued with the incorrect level. I have seen either a ‘sticker’ placed on the existing medallion to reflect the appropriate color/level or the passenger is directed to Guest relations where they will either make new medallion or apply appropriate sticker.

I believe the ships do not carry any of the custom designs.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Have never paid any attention to the color of my medallion.  On our last cruise DW gad a Grey medallion and mine was white.  Found out I had three loyalty numbers!  

Oh well.

So did you get your Princess account consolidated to only one number and know what number to use in the future? If you have the same Princess history as your DW, it matters in terms of access to reduced Princess Insurance and WiFi costs, in additional to priority boarding and access to the PES lounge. Having your individual account being correct insures it will be accurate in tracking to reach the next loyalty levels which has some worthwhile benefits such as free laundry and a one time mini bar setup per cruise segment.

Many times when you call a travel agent for a quote, they may generate a quote/hold so the fare quoted is locked in and without knowing, this may cause a ‘new’ Captain circle number to be allocated. If you never go further, this ‘new’ account will remain but with 0 cruises associated with it and the loyalty department now handled by Future cruise on board can easily ‘clean up’ your account or consolidate if for whatever reasons you have multiple loyalty numbers with cruises to be consolidated into one account.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 6:09 AM, caribill said:

None of this is inside the Medallion. All the Medallion has is a reference ID. That ID is sent to the ship's computers which have the information you mention.

That's my understanding as well.

Princess have given many the impression that the medallion is somehow smart and core to the whole medallion experience.

They could go back to cards and the only thing that gets lost is the extended proximity ability.

All actions could go back to tap.

• Like 1

Essentially the medallion is like an Apple Airtag - it just identifies you, by a code unique to you, to the ship's systems. All the "smarts" are in the ship's systems. It's essentially an electronic name badge but much more useful as you don't have to do anything more than carry it with you. 

• Like 2