Mystery medallion? What does a white medallion indicate?

Ldyandrea

So, I got my medallion in the mail today for the November 20 sailing of the Enchanted Princess, and rather than a black one for Elite status, my medallion is white. I called Princess, but they didn’t have any answers for me on what that meant, if anything. 

Anyone else know about these, or has received one?

• Like 1

The rare Albino.  Unfortunately, Passenger Services on board will ask you to turn that one in and give you your Elite Medallion.  I tried to keep my blue in error one, but they denied my request.  

Maybe you could conveniently forget it at home....They will give you a new one onboard.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The rare Albino.  Unfortunately, Passenger Services on board will ask you to turn that one in and give you your Elite Medallion.  I tried to keep my blue in error one, but they denied my request.  

Maybe you could conveniently forget it at home....They will give you a new one onboard.

They told me to just use the one I had, and it shouldn’t effect anything.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ldyandrea said:

So, I got my medallion in the mail today for the November 20 sailing of the Enchanted Princess, and rather than a black one for Elite status, my medallion is white. I called Princess, but they didn’t have any answers for me on what that meant, if anything. 

Anyone else know about these, or has received one?

I had the same problem. They do not change your Medallion. They just just put the black Elite stickers on both sides. My Medallion looked like this but here’s what it was after the stickers were applied. 

If necessary I’ll peal these stickers off & attach them to my new Medallion. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ldyandrea said:

They told me to just use the one I had, and it shouldn’t effect anything.

Here’s a issue…If you’re Elite & they board that group first you won’t be allowed to join that group. I spent time & money traveling solo & I want all of my benefits. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Here’s a issue…If you’re Elite & they board that group first you won’t be allowed to join that group. I spent time & money traveling solo & I want all of my benefits. 

Tom😀

I’m not worried about that so much. I have the black medallion from my last cruise on the Regent 2 years ago, so I’ll just bring that with me as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

FYI….You don’t get a new Medallion they just apply the correct sticker as they did for me. 

See my photos. 

Tom😀

3A0DBA47-CCDF-473B-9C5F-053B4B29A76D.jpeg

8F3FD04A-A90C-4A75-A455-D5453F72C934.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a little confused…. Isn’t the whole reason for using the medallion is so you can keep it in your pocket or hung around your neck under a shirt and the signal will automatically show up on the computer screen without fumbling to get it out?

if so, why would the color matter? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I’m a little confused…. Isn’t the whole reason for using the medallion is so you can keep it in your pocket or hung around your neck under a shirt and the signal will automatically show up on the computer screen without fumbling to get it out?

if so, why would the color matter? 

Question…When boarding would you like to board 1st if you’re elite or board last & wait in the terminal?  If the ship was full you could be waiting for a long time. Also if your Elite & you use the Tender you bypass everyone else. 

If none of this is important to you than there’s no need to care what’s on the Medallion. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Question…When boarding would you like to board 1st if you’re elite or board last & wait in the terminal?  If the ship was full you could be waiting for a long time. Also if your Elite & you use the Tender you bypass everyone else. 

If none of this is important to you than there’s no need to care what’s on the Medallion. 

Tom😀

Oh, so you do have to pull it out (that didn’t exactly come out right but I think you know what I mean). What color is full suite guest?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, trbarton said:

FYI….You don’t get a new Medallion they just apply the correct sticker as they did for me. 

See my photos. 

Tom😀

3A0DBA47-CCDF-473B-9C5F-053B4B29A76D.jpeg

I received a blue medallion in the mail.  I was going to be "ok" with this until I was stopped from using the Elite Lounge in San Pedro.  It didn't matter that I was "Elite" and in a suite.  The lady handing out the "tickets" told me that I had a blue Medallion and to sit "over there".  Full suite is the color of your Captain Circle "loyalty" level.

That is when I decided that it "may" present other problems (like tendering, PES lounge, wine tasting,  etc).  So I went up to the Customer Service Desk and asked to keep my blue one and get my "official" black one.  I was told that they would issue me a new black one, but that they had to take the blue one in exchange.  I did not get a sticker.

I'd keep the white one at home.  You don't get much for free from Princess anymore.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 3

They gave us the wrong medallion on embarkation day.  Didn't find out till we got to the front of boarding line and they scanned it and a guy of a different race popped up lol.  Guy was like "sir? Uhhhh??"  It was a fast fix.  They put us back to the front of the line after get it fixed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Sigh"  I wish Princess had just stuck with the old key cards :).  The company has spent 10s of millions on their Medallion project and the darn apps and system still do not work without all kinds of issues.  IMHO , as a CCL Stockholder, I am appalled that the company has wasted so much money on something they really did not need.  I would have preferred they used some of that money to learn how to make decent gelato :).  

As to the color thing with Medallions, as has been posted, with the ability to pay extra (have no clue why anyone would toss their money away on this)) to get a customized Medallion.  So I guess one could order a pink or chartreuse Medallion which might mean they even get to drive the ship :).  Everyone knows that chartreuse medallions go to the front of the navigational bridge.

My "favorite" people watching thing is to smile at folks that carefully wear their medallions so the worls can see the color!  It is often like folks are saying,  Look at me, I am Elite and better then you."   I do understand that this is very important stuff to some folks but my goodness....we are talking about a simple button size transponder.

Hank

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

"Sigh"  I wish Princess had just stuck with the old key cards :).  The company has spent 10s of millions on their Medallion project and the darn apps and system still do not work without all kinds of issues.  IMHO , as a CCL Stockholder, I am appalled that the company has wasted so much money on something they really did not need.  I would have preferred they used some of that money to learn how to make decent gelato :).  

As to the color thing with Medallions, as has been posted, with the ability to pay extra (have no clue why anyone would toss their money away on this)) to get a customized Medallion.  So I guess one could order a pink or chartreuse Medallion which might mean they even get to drive the ship :).  Everyone knows that chartreuse medallions go to the front of the navigational bridge.

My "favorite" people watching thing is to smile at folks that carefully wear their medallions so the worls can see the color!  It is often like folks are saying,  Look at me, I am Elite and better then you."   I do understand that this is very important stuff to some folks but my goodness....we are talking about a simple button size transponder.

Hank

and the amount of money that person(s)    have invested in to the bottom line of the corporation .  We live in a world where the more you spend the more you expect              0 

• Like 1

Just an FYI. I’ve had 3 medallions for 3 cruises issued to me since my July 25th sailing this year. I always get custom artwork on the front. I noticed I wasn’t getting my 10% discount in the stores. When I asked about it the sales person (this was on the Grand in Oct) said she couldn’t see my status on her screen. I had to take off my bracelet and show her the back of my medallion that was black to get the discount. 

• Like 1