Antigua replaced by St. Kitts for Oasis Class Through April 2022

My TA just emailed me this:

If your cruise was scheduled to stop in St. Johns Antigua please be advised that due to delay of dredging, St. Johns, Antigua has been removed on all Oasis class ships until April 2022.   St. Johns, Antigua has been replaced with Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis, with a call time of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM

I would strongly recommend pre-purchasing shore excursions for St Kitts & Nevis online once it's made available.

Bummer since St. Kitts won't allow a DIY excursion while Antigua would.

Too bad too, because Antigua's nicer than St, Kitts.

Just be careful getting off the ship in St. Kitts .. the sketchy looking pushy dudes with the little monkeys coming up pushing the monkey in your arms, snapping a pic .. then demanding money .. tell them to go ****.    (unless, of course you want the pic .. lol).   Saw quite a few people fall for it, too since these guys look kinda seedy and intimidating.  

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

But we can shop in the port area without an excursion, of course. 🙄

yes, indeed.

Vaccinated Guests
Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit most ports freely — with the exception of those listed below, which will require tours for all guests who wish to go ashore in November and December, regardless of their vaccination status.

• St. Lucia
  • Barbados
  • St. Kitts

Note: Fully vaccinated guests visiting St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts may depart the ship to visit the designated, enclosed port shopping area, without purchasing a tour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

at this time shore excursions are required for all, even vaxxed.

You still have to walk right by where they swarm you at the gate just before the shopping area, though. 

Edited by F27TW
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, F27TW said:

You still have to walk right by where they swarm you at the gate just before the shopping area, though. 

wouldn't know, never been to St Kitts before. 🙂

In other ports whenever a cruise excursion is involved, we never came into contact with the locals "outside the gate".

Just now, psternklar said:

Jan 2022 Harmony still lists Antigua.  Any idea when this will bee official?  Thanks.

No idea. My cruise on Harmony leaves Sunday. They haven't switched it on our cruise planner yet so likely we won't be able to book excursions until we are onboard which should be lots of fun!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

No idea. My cruise on Harmony leaves Sunday. They haven't switched it on our cruise planner yet so likely we won't be able to book excursions until we are onboard which should be lots of fun!

we are sailing with Ashley on HOTS, and yes, she is right - nothing has changed in the cruise planner. It's gonna be a mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

Too bad too, because Antigua's nicer than St, Kitts.

Just be careful getting off the ship in St. Kitts .. the sketchy looking pushy dudes with the little monkeys coming up pushing the monkey in your arms, snapping a pic .. then demanding money .. tell them to go ****.    (unless, of course you want the pic .. lol).   Saw quite a few people fall for it, too since these guys look kinda seedy and intimidating.  

Seriously?  Those guys are neither seedy or sketchy......nor "demanding" money.  Simply selling a service of sorts.  And anyone telling them to "go****" would be pretty rude.

• Like 3

We're sailing on Harmony in March '22. I've been anticipating this type of announcement. I couldn't find any information saying the port modifications in Antigua had been completed to allow for Oasis class ships. 

Good Luck to the upcoming cruisers in November, I hope you are able to book an excursion once on board!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

Thanks for the info about excursions needed, very timely! 

Quick question, would excursions mean only Royal Caribbean offered excursions?  So no 'resort for a day' excursions?  Please let me know.

That is the current policy for November and December cruises that visit St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts. You can visit the port shopping area but in order to leave that area you have to be on a Royal Caribbean excursion.

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

Just received notice that Jan 16 2022 Antigua on Harmony switched to San Juan. 
Not happy but this stuff happens. 

I'm on that sailing too! Good to know..I'm on the eastern itinerary a lot over the next few months and I never get these emails directly from Royal, only from my TA.

2 hours ago, psternklar said:

Jan 2022 Harmony still lists Antigua.  Any idea when this will bee official?  Thanks.

There was a notice on FB today from Royal that Royal is subbing St John with San Juan.  ☹️  Whole reason to book Harmony was Antigua.  San Juan--been there done that washed too many pina coladas and mofongos out of the t shrts

• Haha 1