Current Medallion Pkg and Holder

5:00_Somewhere

I have seen several questions about the current packaging and holder for Medallions. We received ours yesterday, and thought I'd share pictures and info in the hope of answering some of those questions.

First, the box the Medallions are mailed in is much slimmer than that used 2 years ago when we last sailed on Princess. It fit through the slot in our mailbox.  

MedallionPkg.thumb.jpg.867c40a0422c202d9a948f8609384b8e.jpg

MedallionBox.thumb.jpg.805e6c49a4915ad5e45c04bcac97b041.jpg

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, the Medallions no longer come with the large, oblong clear holder (with the blue paper card backing), but arrived in a small, circular, plastic holder just big enough for the Medallion, with a loop at the top to attach the accompanying lanyard (not pictured) or, as some have suggested, one of those retractable badge fobs.

Medallions.thumb.jpg.a7f39f56f4ff329aff70597d0f136472.jpg

Also, from the time we received notice that the Medallions had been shipped, it took 7 days for them to arrive (in Boston, MA) via USPS First Class mail.

They appeared to be sitting at a facility in California for several days, but then tracking suddenly showed them in Boston yesterday morning, and they were in our mailbox that evening.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone with questions.

Happy cruising! 🚢

p.s. - and to be clear, the Medallions did come with white Princess lanyards. We don't use them and I didn't photograph them, but they were in the box.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

t arrived in a small, circular, plastic holder just big enough for the Medallion, with a loop at the top to attach the accompanying lanyard

are the actual medallions easily removed from the plastic holder to be able to put into your own holder of choice ?

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

are the actual medallions easily removed from the plastic holder to be able to put into your own holder of choice ?

Yes, they just pop right out the back. They do seem to be held in very securely, relying on 4 plastic clips built into the holder (see pic of reverse side of holder below), but a firm press on the front of the Medallion will pop it out.

IMG_20211123_104234.thumb.jpg.ac188c654b6508b05d4f11f9f0506009.jpg

Also, because people might be interested, here is the lanyard that was packaged together with our Medallions.

IMG_20211123_104259.thumb.jpg.dd616c4150320cca397850aabb5b7605.jpg

And the picture below shows how a "retractable" clip (like one many of us use for workplace security badges) will also easily attach to the new plastic Medallion holder.

IMG_20211123_104404.thumb.jpg.9fa32c5bb6efeba242c3a38a4fd11614.jpg

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Yes, they just pop right out the back. They do seem to be held in very securely, relying on 4 plastic clips built into the holder (see pic of reverse side of holder below), but a firm press on the front of the Medallion will pop it out.

Thank you for this explanation.  😃. Got ours yesterday and was trying to figure out how to remove them for a different holder we have purchased.

Does anyone have any experience with what happens if you ordered a lanyard insert? It’s now showing in the order history as round instead of rectangular. I sure hope I didn’t pay $5 for a sticker. I also noticed the old medallion holders are now being sold as premium lanyards for $7. It looks like I just wasted $5, which is no big deal but personally I wish they would just take the insert off my order since they changed what they send you as the complimentary holder. I like the new ones better so I guess that’s worth $5.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, the Medallions no longer come with the large, oblong clear holder (with the blue paper card backing), but arrived in a small, circular, plastic holder just big enough for the Medallion, with a loop at the top to attach the accompanying lanyard (not pictured) or, as some have suggested, one of those retractable badge fobs

For months, there has been ongoing teeth-gnashing here about which fit-bit wrist band would hold the medallion, etc.

It seems to me that this has all been solved with the small plastic holder.

Those who wish can just drop the thing in a pocket.

Other can just hang it from their neck with some floss or a shoe lace.

No more need for posts asking for the EXACT dimensions of a medallion...

We got our medallions today. If anyone bought an insert and is wondering what they do with the medallion change, you get a sticker. So basically you pay $5 for a sticker but it's a really nice sticker. My husband retires 2 weeks after our cruise so I got him a lanyard insert that says retired. If I can figure out how to remove the sticker at the end of the cruise, I'll use it next year so I can get my $5 worth (assuming I can make it another month at work so I don't retire this year!) 😎