Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

It’s all Carnival’s fault for not having any outlets/charging stations in public areas for passengers to use to charge their phones/devices. If they want you on their Hub App all day and night to read menus, reserve tables, see schedules...then it’s on them to make it right. I’m getting pi**** off now, too.

I don't even know what Opera or Vivaldi is except for music. Are they internet things like Safari? Yeah, I’m old.

Take the night off, Sid!  You’ve got Cozumel tomorrow...

• Like 7

"Cruise elegant"...

This is the picture I intended to post an hour and a half ago when I was about to go to dinner... I left the waitress at Chibang! a really nice tip, since I was still in the midst of my meltdown when I arrived... Like I said, this could be the end of the whole review tonight if I experience the same issues trying to log in tomorrow morning... I grew up during the computer revolution, but I never did embrace the technology, and now it's coming back to kick me in the testicles... Honestly, this was going to be my last review anyway, but I really wanted to see it through to the end...

PXL_20211129_001210720.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169 we will understand if you opt to surrender this live review and just enjoy your cruise!

You certainly have earned it and we don't want you returning to Atlanta stressed out!

Too late for that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

"Cruise elegant"...

This is the picture I intended to post an hour and a half ago when I was about to go to dinner... I left the waitress at Chibang! a really nice tip, since I was still in the midst of my meltdown when I arrived... Like I said, this could be the end of the whole review tonight if I experience the same issues trying to log in tomorrow morning... I grew up during the computer revolution, but I never did embrace the technology, and now it's coming back to kick me in the testicles... Honestly, this was going to be my last review anyway, but I really wanted to see it through to the end...

PXL_20211129_001210720.jpg

En fuego 🔥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After five hundred and one attempts, I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the Opera browser... Now, it finally works... You definitely can't say that I'm not persistent... I may be a jerk, but I never give up...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 14
  • Haha 2

I think that I'm going to go down to Alchemy for one more drink, then I'm done for tonight... I can't and won't be able to go through what it took to to get back online this evening... This may very well be it if this happens again in the morning... Why can't they just make it a little more straight forward to switch devices?

• Like 9

If Sid had had decent public places onboard to adequately charge his phone (besides his stateroom) during his day today, out and about, enjoying the ship, then he wouldn’t have had to switch to a less than desirable device to continue his review. Just sayin.

Sorry for your troubles tonight, Sid. We understand. It’s not worth the stress! And it’s not your fault. Total respect for all your hard work trying to get it done. We get it. 

Enjoy Cozumel tomorrow, Sid 💕

Here’s to you, Carnival Mardi Gras:

P.S. I understand ship’s internet signals in the middle of the ocean are not what we are used to on land. Hello...

AF41C118-D1FF-4238-BEF8-EF3EDBB0E9A9.jpeg

Edited by meatball_nyc
Shaking my head...
  • Like 7
  • Haha 10

49 minutes ago, meatball_nyc said:

It’s all Carnival’s fault for not having any outlets/charging stations in public areas for passengers to use to charge their phones/devices. If they want you on their Hub App all day and night to read menus, reserve tables, see schedules...then it’s on them to make it right. I’m getting pi**** off now, too.

I don't even know what Opera or Vivaldi is except for music. Are they internet things like Safari? Yeah, I’m old.

Take the night off, Sid!  You’ve got Cozumel tomorrow...

I don’t always agree with you but this hits the nail on the head. I complained about this 3-4 years ago when they first rolled out the app and it sucks to hear nothing has changed. I thought the app was stupid due to people not wanting to stare at screens on vacation but coupled with the fact that you have to leave your phone in your cabin, which has limited outlets, I just don’t think it was a brilliant move (yes I’m making fun of John Heald)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Couple of blue cards next to me at Alchemy... I wish that I could be having as fun as them, but I can't anymore... 

I feel like there’s more to it than just the internet issues. Hope tomorrow goes better for you ❤️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm calling it for the night... Chapter two: the end... Hopefully, I'll see you all tomorrow, internet willing... 

Sid - i have a portable charger and I am on the ship!  Lol if you wanna carry it around 🤣🤣🤣    

Love reading your reviews!     Can I put in that I dunno if it’s the ship or what - I been traveling carnival for years - food went way downhill for awhile there but everything we have eaten so far has been amazing!  Cucina was amazing today!   So Glad we are boarding again Jan 2nd on the Mardi Gras!   Day 2 and still loving this ship! 

Edited by darleean
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1