Can I upgrade from Classic to Premium on board AND apply my Elite discount?

Stem to Stern

Asking in hopes of avoiding a phone call.  I know I can call, but for a $9.60 discount?  I am optimistically presuming the bartenders can see my Elite status on the app on my phone and apply the 10% discount when I upgrade on board.  This is a 4-night cruise on Celebrity Summit.  Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Some have said they were able to do it using the pop-up message box.

Cool! How exactly do you trigger the pop-up message box?

Update: I remember when we recently booked our Apex 11/13 cruise in mid-October in an SV and I wanted to upgrade the drink package online from basic to premium like I did for our first leg of the B2B. The pop-up box, as you suggested, appeared when I clinked on Drink Packages asking if he could help. I told him the "upgrade" option was not appearing. He said to give it a couple days to load up into our Personalizer as we had just booked it the previous day. I said OK. It never did appear and that's the last time I've ever seen the pop-up box. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Cool! How exactly do you trigger the pop-up message box?

Update: I remember when we recently booked our Apex 11/13 cruise in mid-October in an SV and I wanted to upgrade the drink package online from basic to premium like I did for our first leg of the B2B. The pop-up box, as you suggested, appeared when I clinked on Drink Packages asking if he could help. I told him the "upgrade" option was not appearing. He said to give it a couple days to load up into our Personalizer as we had just booked it the previous day. I said OK. It never did appear and that's the last time I've ever seen the pop-up box. 

I just got off the Silhouette Monday after 10 nights  never showed my card indicating I had the Premium package just gave my cabin number. Sometimes they didn't even ask for that.

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I just got off the Silhouette Monday after 10 nights never showed my card indicating I had the Premium package just gave my cabin number. Sometimes they didn't even ask for that.

True. Same thing happened to us some of the time on our recent Apex cruise, especially when we were ordering water. But they needed my card every time I ordered my triple Baileys - no ice. 😎

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're on hold now to upgrade our drink and internet packages. If you hear of a better way, please let us know.

We're in! The wait was about 90 minutes. Yay!!

Update: For those interested, our cruise is 11 days. My Elite+ classic to premium upgrade was $118.80 (or $10.80/day) or 10% off and for the Internet basic to streaming upgrade for both of us was $128.70 ($11.70/day) per person or 35% off. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

The Elite benefit (see the below link) indicates that the 10% discount on the premium upgrade is Pre-Cruise.  So I am assuming the discount would not be available on board.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Thank you for the link. I would venture to make the same assumption.  I guess I will be calling up Celebrity bright and early in the morning.😫😂

13 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I just asked my TA to do the upgrade of the drink package when booking.

I usually let my TA's fingers do the walking, but this was an easy call this morning.  I got right through to someone at Celebrity and she processed the upgrade, applied my Elite discount, and used my OBC.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I usually let my TA's fingers do the walking, but this was an easy call this morning.  I got right through to someone at Celebrity and she processed the upgrade, applied my Elite discount, and used my OBC.

Its well worth the price of the upgrade especially with elite discount. Includes perrier, San pellegrino and Evian water. Just that alone paid for my upgrade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

The added service you get from upgrading on board far outweighs any 10% discount, IMHO..YMMV. 

What kind of service onboard and from whom? I asked for a pina colada made with coco lopez and got a strange look, however was able to find elsewhere. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

What kind of service onboard and from whom? I asked for a pina colada made with coco lopez and got a strange look, however was able to find elsewhere. 

This made me laugh out loud.  On my last cruise I got the tail-end of the bottle for my first (and only) Chopin martini.  Suddenly there was no more Chopin on board!?!  All in all, the service was excellent though.  No strange looks.  By the way I love my Evian also.

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

This made me laugh out loud.  On my last cruise I got the tail-end of the bottle for my first (and only) Chopin martini.  Suddenly there was no more Chopin on board!?!  All in all, the service was excellent though.  No strange looks.  By the way I love my Evian also.

Ouch! Hope that doesn’t happen to us! I can’t drink most of the vodkas, so Chopin is what I drink on board 😬

52 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Ouch! Hope that doesn’t happen to us! I can’t drink most of the vodkas, so Chopin is what I drink on board 😬

Love my GG vodka and can't beat the duty free pricing. Hopefully pick up another on my January cruise. 

On 11/28/2021 at 11:08 AM, drakes2 said:

Its well worth the price of the upgrade especially with elite discount. Includes perrier, San pellegrino and Evian water. Just that alone paid for my upgrade. 

Plus the smoothies in the Spa Cafe

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I actually forgot about smoothies..   too busy ordering the Aspen coffees in cafe el bacio. 😃

I love my 'at least once a day Aspin' .. 

23 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Love my GG vodka and can't beat the duty free pricing. Hopefully pick up another on my January cruise. 

8 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Can’t drink that unfortunately, so Chopin is my go to in my cruises 

Sorry -  Ketel One is my choice if I cannot find a shot of Russian Bison Grass vodka. 

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I love my 'at least once a day Aspin' .. 

Sorry -  Ketel One is my choice if I cannot find a shot of Russian Bison Grass vodka. 

Can’t drink Ketel One either 😩

Edited by Purplsmurf