The Nu Covid variant

bobstheboy

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I just couldn't afford for that to happen.  Away for 19 night cruise and then tell the office I can't come in for 10 days 😞

But you get the test result back in 24 hours. Where does the  10 days come into it ? 

So I'm off on a 3 night cruise tomorrow (many apologies it's Cunard not P&O) and will have to change my 2 day lft to a pcr I think? So the number on my passenger locator form will change? And self isolate till I get a negative result? so it's a good job I have got cover in for the rest of the week. I am triple jabbed so fingers crossed I won't catch anything. 

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OMG she's due in tomorrow.  Did they have to do lateral flows before today?

I think so Jean. Not much time for them to arrange things and no work for a few days until they get their results.

• Like 1

Headache time for a lot people unfortunately.

Just heard that a review of the latest PCR etc requirements will take place in three weeks.  At least those of us that are due to travel before then know that we have no choice about which test.  Hey ho.

Another good thing about retirement - don't have to arrange extra days off for waiting for the PCR test result.

Just now, Megabear2 said:

Seems to be if you've paid for your LF you can't upgrade it with the company my family are using but have to buy a whole brand new one.  We aren't even sure if the one on sale is the correct one either!  Confusing isn't the word. 

Which company is this please? We also have to upgrade to a pcr

11 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Headache time for a lot people unfortunately.

Just heard that a review of the latest PCR etc requirements will take place in three weeks.  At least those of us that are due to travel before then know that we have no choice about which test.  Hey ho.

Another good thing about retirement - don't have to arrange extra days off for waiting for the PCR test result.

My concern is if they start messing about before then. I didn't like the refusal to say Christmas wouldn't be cancelled ...  and then there's if we get to Barbados on 17th and get told to come straight back ...

• Like 1

That was appreciated as I wasnt aware of it, the more people that know that things are changing in relation to rise in infections that clearly impacts us all on this forum the better, we are all in this together to reduce infection and save lifes surely!

• Like 10

Ironically I was going to book with them for my 17 December cruise but with all my Iona travellers here today forgot.

I'm confused by the PCR arrangements for day 2 after looking through them.  You seem to need a drop box near you but a lot of the Randox ones have been closed due to the lack of need until now.  I assume you can't go driving off round the country after returning so how you test and send it back is a real obstacle course.

23 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Cathygh, yes its cancelled. See Faceb..k Cunard where some folk are saying only just notified.

Cathygh is on Queen Mary I believe. She is on a 3 day from tomorrow. Queen Elzabeth should have left tonight on a 4 night cruise which has been cancelled.

From the Southern Daily Echo:

A CRUISE aboard the Queen Elizabeth has become another casualty of Storm Arwen.

The luxury liner was due to dock in Southampton today but is unable to do so because the weather is "too extreme".

The ship is not now expected to arrive in the port until tomorrow.

Cunard tweeted: "Due to Storm Arwen, the weather conditions are too extreme for Queen Elizabeth to dock in Southampton today as planned.

"Given the ongoing adverse weather conditions and short duration of her next sailing, Queen Elizabeth’s next voyage is now unfortunately cancelled."

The liner was due to leave Southampton tomorrow for a cruise to Rotterdam, returning on Wednesday.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I do hope this site relaxes its stance regarding discussing the latest news on COVID.

I just had an email from cruise critic. One of the feature articles was all about the new '  you know whàt ' variant.