Black Friday bargains!

Atocha Shipwreck Gal

Hello everyone!  You might want to call Celebrity or your T.A.. Depending on what you paid, huge price drops and onboard credit are available today. I am a solo and booked an Edge cruise at the end of Jan 2022 with a no single supplement rate which is already a bargain. Just to see if it might be reduced further because of Black Friday, I called Celebrity today. I have not made final payment yet. They further reduced the fare  another $600 plus gave me $200 OBC. Truly shocking as I am paying less than I would be on an old competitor ship for an inside cabin!  And I am in a sunset verandah with all perks. Honestly I would pay more at a motel than I am paying here!  So PLEASE call today as you may save even more money! Of course I am concerned about the Omicron variant and will monitor things day by day. But this is a huge bargain. 

Was this part of the Celebrity Black Friday Sale currently going on that’s about to end Nov 28 or were your discounts on top of those savings?

The reason I ask is because I haven’t seen any differences from the current sale discounts when I did fake bookings on our booked cruises earlier today.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

51 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Was this part of the Celebrity Black Friday Sale currently going on that’s about to end Nov 28 or were your discounts on top of those savings?

The reason I ask is because I haven’t seen any differences from the current sale discounts when I did fake bookings on our booked cruises earlier today.

I am not sure. I just called them, stayed on hold on speaker about an hour and asked them if I might get any on board credit and they responded with the price decrease and the OBC. When I did a mock booking, it did not show anything different, probably because my category of sunset verandahs has been sold out. so I was very surprised and happy. I would call and see!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjcruiser27 said:

Hi, Did you enter in a special promo code to get the solo rate?  I just did a mock bocking and it shows double pricing, I would be cruising solo.  The $200 OBC showed.

I booked in the summer and even suites and balconies had zero single supplement. it looks like today balconies are gone but oceanview and inside still have zero supplement. 

31 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

This is the 3rd thread on this subject.

I didn't really pay attention to the first thread. The second thread convinced me to look into it, and I saved 25% off (and ended up with more OBC) an on-board booking I had made for Europe next summer. Plus the $700 pp savings on business class airfare brought Celebrity's price to less than half the price of booking direct with the airline.

So I'm happy to bump the third thread in case anyone else is on the fence about looking into it. YMMV of course, but...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

and your point is?

Sorry, I guess I thought it might be helpful for anyone interested in this to know there are 2 other threads. Several pages of posts from earlier in the week, with lots of people describing their various experiences in various circumstances.

• Like 1