Bringing canned soda on board -

dafish831

Per Carnival's website.

"On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person."

I have a small cooler and I was intending to bring about 8 cans of Diet Sprite on board but a friend, who just got off a Carnival Cruise, said they were

required to bring their sodas in an unopened 12 pack carton? I have brought separate cans on board on previous cruises. Has the policy changed?

Has anyone currently brought on board individual cans of soda?

thanks - Duane

I brought some on invidivually loose in my carry on over Halloween. 

Maybe it is the cooler as carnival is very limiting, only a tiny cooler is allowed. Look up coolers in faq. Very limited. I would check your cooler dimensions.. that's all I can think of. Dont know anyone else ever who said the carton needed to be unopened... sounds like a miscommunication to me.

• Like 1

Sounds right to me. So I will continue doing what I have been doing. Bringing individual cans in 

my small cooler, which is smaller than the 12" x 12" inch cooler allowed. I only bring the cooler because

I usually get a bottle of booze for the room and use the cooler for extra ice. This time I'm going the Cheers route, but I also use the little cooler as an extra carry on. Put some Diet Sprite in it and perhaps have room for a bottle of wine.

thanks - Duane

• Like 1

We use a "Cooler Bag" we got at Costco.  It is designed to bring home cold / frozen food from shopping, but is larger than the "cooler" permitted by Carnival, doesn't look like a "cooler" so isn't questioned, can hold the 2 12 packs to bring onboard and will keep beverages on ice cold over 24 hrs.  We keep it in the shower and have our Steward keep it supplied with ice.  A pre-tip for the extra work has assured our drinks are always cold!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 7:00 PM, dafish831 said:

Per Carnival's website.

"On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person."

I have a small cooler and I was intending to bring about 8 cans of Diet Sprite on board but a friend, who just got off a Carnival Cruise, said they were

required to bring their sodas in an unopened 12 pack carton? I have brought separate cans on board on previous cruises. Has the policy changed?

Has anyone currently brought on board individual cans of soda?

thanks - Duane

Just got off the Breeze in Galveston.  We take 2 unopened 12 packs of soda and 2 bottles of wine in a carry-on rolling cooler.  I pack a soft sider cooler inside to keep fresh ice in the room.  We had to open suitcase for them to inspect.  No problems.

2 hours ago, CookieShip said:

I see lots of people mention bringing coolers, are there not ice buckets in the room?

None in the cabins on Panorama in October and November upon arrival as before the pandemic. Room service brought a small ice bucket one when ice was requested to be delivered.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

None in the cabins on Panorama in October and November upon arrival as before the pandemic. Room service brought a small ice bucket one when ice was requested to be delivered.

We didn't have one in our cabin on our recently completed Legend cruise and we didn't ask for one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We didn't have one in our cabin on our recently completed Legend cruise and we didn't ask for one.

Thanks, I'll be on Legend so I guess I'll add another item to the packing list. I suppose it maybe nice for me to keep items cold if going to a beach as well.

Thanks for the other responses as well, can't figure out multi-quotes for some reason...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookieShip said:

Thanks, I'll be on Legend so I guess I'll add another item to the packing list. I suppose it maybe nice for me to keep items cold if going to a beach as well.

Thanks for the other responses as well, can't figure out multi-quotes for some reason...

I think that you can request them and you could always order a bucket of beer, which comes with ice that any bar will refresh.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, atxlady said:

Can you bring Gatorade on board?

Whatever is brought onboard must be in cans, so if you can find it in cans then yes, it may be brought. As you point out they do have packets of different types of flavors available for water and those are acceptable. (DW has used them in the MDR before.)

• Like 1

We bring a boxes of 10 Gatorade packets for our water bottles (this is all our teen son drinks).  So much easier and less hassle as the small boxes fit in my carry on or purse.  Several flavors keep the choices a good option as well.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1

Ice buckets aren't in the rooms but you just ask your room steward to bring you one and they'll fill it each day.  Just did that on the Panorama in October.  Carnival took the ice buckets out of the rooms several years ago but just ask the steward and it will be taken care of. 

• Thanks 1