Verifly

trtog7

We are doing a Viking cruise soon and they have requested we fill out Verifly and submit it

Verifly is for Viking cruises and some airlines

Our airline is not included. Also it is for Viking to get our QR code. I think it is only for Amrericans because I can not scan my QR code. 

Any help?

In my opinion Verifly is a waste of time.  A third party app that collects personal information you have mostly already given to Viking plus you still have to carry the originals with you for check in.  So why Verifly?  Supposedly they "authenticate" your covid vax from a picture you send in.  Can't wait till they get hacked as all eventually do.  Again, just one persons opinion of a big waste of time.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BPlivetotravel said:

We just used Verifly on our trip to Portugal.  Very helpful checking in and going through Heathrow.  Just show phone and move on.

Easy if you have a cell phone and also are from USA

5 hours ago, trtog7 said:

We are doing a Viking cruise soon and they have requested we fill out Verifly and submit it

Verifly is for Viking cruises and some airlines

Our airline is not included. Also it is for Viking to get our QR code. I think it is only for Amrericans because I can not scan my QR code. 

Any help?

I just took a photo of the printout of my Canadian vaccination record (that shows the QR code, but also lists the vaccines and dates at the bottom).  It was successfully verified by the app a short time later.  I did not scan the QR code.  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 3:42 AM, trtog7 said:

After being in contact with Viking , find that what you need to scan is CDC information which i do not have. Viking is sending me another way to send my vaccination information

There seems to be a time frame in which they are allowing manual upload of vaccination info.  I was hoping to get my info uploaded and out of the way but it appears I have to wait until 30 days before.  Is anyone else getting that message?

Just now, SoBaycruiser said:

There seems to be a time frame in which they are allowing manual upload of vaccination info.  I was hoping to get my info uploaded and out of the way but it appears I have to wait until 30 days before.  Is anyone else getting that message?

Got an email from Viking and was able to download our Vaccination Certificates.

Now have to work getting accepted into Norway.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, Jim Avery said:

In my opinion Verifly is a waste of time.  A third party app that collects personal information you have mostly already given to Viking plus you still have to carry the originals with you for check in.  So why Verifly?  Supposedly they "authenticate" your covid vax from a picture you send in.  Can't wait till they get hacked as all eventually do.  Again, just one persons opinion of a big waste of time.

Big waste of time.  No one asked for it!

I think that Verifly reports to Viking that your papers are in order and that’s the end of it.  Verifly just takes that burden off of Viking.

When we were on our B2B2B last month, we got contacted by Viking and Verifly that we had not yet completed our Verifly for the cruise…..while we were already on the ship.  So we got bombarded by emails in the several days before the departures from both Barcelona and Buenos Aires.  

• Like 1

You have to wait until 30 days prior to departure. You submit an electronic copy of your vaccination card to Verify (in US they do not have a QR code). They will review it manually. 

Your Canadian proof of vaccination is probably what you would manually submit and I think yours are issued by each province?

We had to use Verifly for previous Viking Ocean cruise so already had the app. Our current cruise automatically appeared in the app so it must be being fed info by Viking.

And yes--Viking is utilizing Verifly to do the validation of vaccination prior to departure. This is strictly for Viking---not for validation by airlines of vaccination status.

When you check in for your flight to embark---that's when you would show your vaccination card, negative COVID results, visa/approval for destination (if any of these are required based on your destination).

Some airlines also use Verifly (or other apps) to validate your negative COVID test for re-entry to US. In that case, you hold up your phone showing approval in Verifly app when checking in at the airport. We have done this 3-4 times for US re-entry and it saves time as the agents don't have to review your test results.

17 minutes ago, fudgbug said:

We too were asked for the original cards.  No one ever asked for Verifly.  Verifly was the waste of time and energy.  

Who asked for your original cards and where?

Viking is using Verifly to validate your vaccination status. 

As far as I remember, we did not need to show our physical vaccination cards when embarking.

We were asked for the original cards in the terminal in Fort Lauderdale before embarkation.  No one ever asked for Verifly.  After Security, do you remember the long line?  Then another long line for the Covid test where people were packed together?  🙂 🙂

Just because nobody asks to see the Verifly approval does not mean it is not used---it is used by Viking pre-cruise to confirm vaccination per their policy. Once Verifly confirms you are vaccinated, you will not be asked to show that approval as it is automatically conveyed to Viking.

I did not board in Fort Lauderdale so I can't say what their process is.

Not sure if you are referring to a Port Authority process for checking vaccination, or a Viking process at the port? Either way---it is just another check of documents, which is normal now.

I agree with @broker1217 , Viking definitely uses the information obtained by Verifly . They don’t necessarily ask for it at check in since the information is already uploaded to your profile. When we checked in for our cruise in Iceland, the agent there  mentioned that they had our Covid info already noted in Verifly .

It is also a way for the passenger to know that they have gathered the correct information needed to board the ship.

We also use it when we fly on Internationally on AA ( as it is part of the One World airlines  that use Verifly) ; instead of having to take out our Covid cards and PCR test results at the airport , the agents just check our Verifly APP .  

Edited by vslparis

31 minutes ago, vslparis said:

I agree with @broker1217 , Viking definitely uses the information obtained by Verifly . They don’t necessarily ask for it at check in since the information is already uploaded to your profile. When we checked in for our cruise in Iceland, the agent there  mentioned that they had our Covid info already noted in Verifly .

It is also a way for the passenger to know that they have gathered the correct information needed to board the ship.

We also use it when we fly on Internationally on AA ( as it is part of the One World airlines  that use Verifly) ; instead of having to take out our Covid cards and PCR test results at the airport , the agents just check our Verifly APP .  

vlsparis---thank you for explaining much better than I did!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before flying to NY on BA to join QM2 we were asked to complete verify ...even extremely hi tech daughter was so fristrated with the inept programme she gave up ..at Heathrow they would not check us in despite paper copies of vaccination proof and antigen testing and forced us to struggle with an employee to complete Verifly ..it wasted a whole hour and they tried to claim flight was closed 

Verifly is a USA programme and it does not recignise UK  QR codes or anything else so Viking needs to think again 

• Like 1

You can find the Viking instructions for Verifly here:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/VeriFLY_Instructions_For_MilestonesChecklist.pdf

It is an entirely different process than what BA (or other airlines) are implementing for proof of vaccination to board a plane.

You do not need to scan a QR code for Viking---simply upload a copy of your vaccination card or snap a photo of it in the app. Very simple.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, broker1217 said:

You can find the Viking instructions for Verifly here:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/VeriFLY_Instructions_For_MilestonesChecklist.pdf

It is an entirely different process than what BA (or other airlines) are implementing for proof of vaccination to board a plane.

You do not need to scan a QR code for Viking---simply upload a copy of your vaccination card or snap a photo of it in the app. Very simple.

UK people don't have vaccination cards as such. We have electronic records with the facility to print the QR code and vaccine summary. Similar to an E Visa. The QR code links to a database with proof of ID and vaccine records. 

Yes--I know you don't have the same horrid hand-written cards we have in US. I should have used the term proof of vaccination to be more clear for non-US folks.

My understanding is that you can print your NHS COVID pass. Then you would either snap a photo of it while you are in Verifly app, or you could scan it and save a copy to upload to Verifly. But scanning the QR code is not needed for Viking validation in Verifly.

1 hour ago, broker1217 said:

Yes--I know you don't have the same horrid hand-written cards we have in US. I should have used the term proof of vaccination to be more clear for non-US folks.

My understanding is that you can print your NHS COVID pass. Then you would either snap a photo of it while you are in Verifly app, or you could scan it and save a copy to upload to Verifly. But scanning the QR code is not needed for Viking validation in Verifly.

The QR code is the link to the database to provide proof, not the proof in itself. A bit like a reference number. You can print out a screenshot of the reference no, but it proves nothing on its own, without being inputted into the relevant system. It's not a certificate as in sheet of paper. 

Eg an e visa is recorded against a passport. You receive a reference no. There is a sheet that can be printed for reference which has the basic info on it. 

The printout for the international proof of vaccine is two sheets of A4 if you have had a booster. The second page only has date and batch no. info. It's the opposite problem to US people not having a QR code linked to an internationally accessible database

Edited by KBs mum